Subnautica: Below Zero State of the Project (May 2020) - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica: Below Zero State of the Project (May 2020) - Subnautica

Hello, Subnautica friends. These are strange and challenging times we’re all living through. I hope you and yours are staying healthy.  If you play Subnautica or Below Zero, I hope...

Read the full story here

Comments

• TrackelsTrackels Join Date: 2020-05-22 Member: 261266Members
    How is optimisation going?, are you going to add RTX features and scale for higher end graphics cards this time?.
  • sanderns07sanderns07 Norway Join Date: 2020-05-22 Member: 261256Members
    edited May 2020
    you know when it is coming new voices?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Trackels wrote: »
    How is optimisation going?, are you going to add RTX features and scale for higher end graphics cards this time?.

We are doing some optimizing as we go, but the major optimizing will not happen until we're much father along.
    No RTX. Most people playing the game do not own an RTX-based card.
    sanderns07 wrote: »
    you know when it is coming new voices?

When voice studios re-open from COVID-19, but probably closer to the end of development. Updated subtitles will happen in the meantime.
  • KenzingtonKenzington Canada Join Date: 2020-05-22 Member: 261274Members
    I am excited with every update, I know this game will be one in a life time after its completed so I bought the game and I cant wait to play it when its done. Subnautica was a life changing game experience already and this game will be even better im sure of it!
  • zakman041726zakman041726 Join Date: 2020-05-22 Member: 261276Members
    I have a question. And its not at all criticism. But why did you change the voice actors for robin and sam?
  • airakkairakk germany Join Date: 2020-05-22 Member: 261277Members
    hi !
    please fix the problem of the 1st subnautica game! the prawn has heavy collision / out-of-bounce problems in endgame buildings !!!
    a lot of people heared about below zero and subnautica. there are still tons of people who play the 1st game for the 1st time to continue with below zero soon.
    but the problems of the 1st game might be a problem.
    maybe the wont buy below zero because of the current bugs in the 1st subnautica !!!
    fix it please! even if it delays below zero. we can wait and accept 1-2 weeks more for below zero!
    BUT !!!
    the 1st subnautica is "full released" and has heavy bugs!
    pls do yourself a favor and dont forget the 1st subnautica - which is what most people continue playing untill below zero is ready !!!
    thank you!
  • Shadowolf430Shadowolf430 United States Join Date: 2020-05-04 Member: 260675Members
    I'm excited to see the future updates!
    Thank you for your hard work :smiley:
  • EliCVideogamerEliCVideogamer Join Date: 2020-05-08 Member: 260791Members
    Do you guys have a time zone for the release?

I know you get this question a lot, but even just like a 2-month area would be nice.
  • TycoTyco Join Date: 2020-05-23 Member: 261280Members
    I love the fact that you guys always keep everyone updated on what's going on. Keep up the great work!
  • reakojamesquinnreakojamesquinn cyprus Join Date: 2019-02-03 Member: 250248Members
    Keep up the great work guys. And stay safe
  • HerobrinesbestminionHerobrinesbestminion Join Date: 2019-12-07 Member: 256209Members
    Thanks to you guys I decided I want to go into game devlopment... I don't know the right job for me yet but I believe in you.... do your best I personly don't care about the voice acting (okay the 1.0 version should have it XD) so just focus at the stuff before you ;D
  • Axedjcreeper210Axedjcreeper210 Join Date: 2020-05-22 Member: 261268Members
    edited May 2020
    Hello developers you have put on the improvement panel the improvements of the P.R.A.W.N. and seatruck but also "seamoth" so I hope that you will put it or that you will put the equivalent. thank you for your superb game I look forward to the rest, and can you answer me for my doubt. thank you

PS will you put an multiplayer mod ? Because this games will be better with an multiplayer mod, think about it.
  • DionMitchellDionMitchell Join Date: 2020-05-23 Member: 261294Members
    Hi subnautica team, thank You so much for your games, I personally don't really play early access but I have been playing the original subnautica since it fully came out and I have never gotten tired of it. I can't wait until below zero gets to 1.0 and I understand if current circumstances can slow down production a bit.

Thanks again and stay safe
  • DaSavageOne588DaSavageOne588 United States of America Join Date: 2019-07-17 Member: 253782Members
    Hey guys, the work that you are doing on this game is amazing! It looks great so far! I’m wondering, are you going to do a State of the Project type post every month? Thanks. :)
  • sbrewersbrewer Join Date: 2020-05-23 Member: 261310Members
    SnowFox mechanics need a serious overhaul. That is the one thing that makes me motion sick in the whole game.
  • aussiedeadbeatiaussiedeadbeati Join Date: 2020-05-24 Member: 261312Members
    When will Below Zero be released to Xbox Preview?
  • NansenNansen Join Date: 2017-06-02 Member: 230896Members
    Hi, I am just curious. Do you think Subnautica Below Zero will release before the PS5 relsease date? Both me and my girlfriend are extremly hyped for the game and can't wait to play it on PS4. Sadly our PC's cant handle games that well anymore so we have not been able to join the early acces as we did with the original Subnautica. Though it will be fun to start Subnautica Below Zero without knowing everything at launch.
  • SpeedyMouseSpeedyMouse Join Date: 2020-04-03 Member: 259579Members
    Do we have an estimate for when the game goes full release?
  • DaSavageOne588DaSavageOne588 United States of America Join Date: 2019-07-17 Member: 253782Members
    edited May 2020
    Do we have an estimate for when the game goes full release?
    I would expect It to be out by January 2021, or maybe a little bit before that. I think I heard somewhere that they are expecting to get the game out before that date, but I’m not sure if that’s reliable. So, I guess that means Fall 2020-Winter 2021. I could be completely wrong though. :)
  • CowerPowerCowerPower USA Join Date: 2020-05-30 Member: 261488Members
    I can't wait to see the new story content and love the game so far! Big kudos to the Dev team and artists for all their hard work! Thanks for keeping the community in the loop! Can't wait to play it!
  • SorenzorSorenzor Madrid, Spain Join Date: 2020-04-04 Member: 259618Members
    CowerPower wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the new story content and love the game so far! Big kudos to the Dev team and artists for all their hard work! Thanks for keeping the community in the loop! Can't wait to play it!

They said some where that the game was gonna be released sooner, but I agree with you. The game looks too early access even if their version is superior to ours. I mean, the story doesn't make sense, huge portions of the map are empty, the gameplay is way too rough... the game needs a lot more time in the oven.
  • Hunter_6807Hunter_6807 Join Date: 2020-05-29 Member: 261476Members
    Someone please help. I can’t seem to post anything and I have a glitch in Subnautica (PS4) where the radio icon appears, but when I answer the radio, the blinking stops but nothing plays. Messages DO come through, but when I answer them, nothing happens. HELP! If it helps, I cured the disease before the Sunbeam came. The last message I got from them was that they were looking for a place to land.
  • Krazyguy75Krazyguy75 Join Date: 2020-06-02 Member: 261576Members
    Any chance you'll ever fix the base game's massive bug of PRAWNs breaking alien bases whenever you get out of the suit inside them?
  • GameCube078GameCube078 Canada Join Date: 2020-05-30 Member: 261510Members
    are you going to do subnautica below zero on the PS5 and the Xbox series X?
  • jodojodo czech republic Join Date: 2020-06-11 Member: 261791Members
    Why is Subnautica so cheap? I bought a similar game (N.M's.S). Game was released in 2016 and still costs 55-60 euros.
  • SorenzorSorenzor Madrid, Spain Join Date: 2020-04-04 Member: 259618Members
    jodo wrote: »
    Why is Subnautica so cheap? I bought a similar game (N.M's.S). Game was released in 2016 and still costs 55-60 euros.

Your game was expensive.
  • BrenWynthBrenWynth TX & LA Join Date: 2020-06-20 Member: 261979Members
    Any idea when there will be game prompts to get on track. As a new SBZ player I am totally lost with no direction. !!
  • byoung2028byoung2028 Join Date: 2020-06-22 Member: 262031Members
    Are you going to support Oculus rift's hand tracking in the first subnautica game or give touch controller better support? You guys have also gotten a lot of bad reviews for only being to able to use other consoles regular non-vr controllers instead of the touch controllers that are very glitchy.
    You also don't give the option to use the touch controllers to pick things up or use things. You just tell them to press A.
    I really rhis game a lot on Xbox but the VR platform needs more.
    Thank you
  • CurseOfChuckyCurseOfChucky Massachusetts Join Date: 2019-06-03 Member: 253200Members
    When will below zero be released for xbox one because i dont on pc and it is driving me crazy waiting this long,so please update thank you.
  • CreepxrCreepxr Na Join Date: 2020-07-10 Member: 262447Members
    Bring it to Xbox one please