First creature to make you scream!

RockyWafflezRockyWafflez Join Date: 2020-05-10 Member: 260881Members
What was the first creature that scared you so much that you screamed.
I saw the Brute Sharks...
I saw the Cryptosuchus...
I even saw a few Leviathans..
But, the first thing to make me scream was a freaking plant!
I thought I saw a fragment to scan so I swam toward what I'm now guessing is the Spikey Trap... the scream that ensued scared my mum and my dog lmao

Comments

• mr_reaperleviathanmr_reaperleviathan Join Date: 2020-05-26 Member: 261390Members
  • mr_reaperleviathanmr_reaperleviathan Join Date: 2020-05-26 Member: 261390Members
  • SorenzorSorenzor Madrid, Spain Join Date: 2020-04-04 Member: 259618Members
    Never screamed in these games. But I must say that the first time I got close to the pit where the dark leviathan was in below zero, I saw something huge and black moving down there... and then I went back home XD. Al-an even told me that it was a great idea, a lot of fun.

It took me a lot of courage to go down there.

I actually felt genuine fear in another situation, I mean, the kind of fear that stops you for a moment, trying to understand the situation... real life fear, not jumps or terror. It was with the ventgarden. The first time I saw it from far away, I didn't know what was. It was obviously huge even looking at it from so far, but it was hard to tell the shape. Was it moving towards me? Was it static? The more alien a creature is, the better the reaction.
  • RockyWafflezRockyWafflez Join Date: 2020-05-10 Member: 260881Members
    I haven't seen the dark Leviathan or ventgarden yet, im trying to hold off playing/exploring too much until the full release. Can't wait to run into them by accident XD
    Just going into the depths can be scary even if there's nothing there lol, the first time I played I was scared to even go into the water XD, literally took a break then came back lmao
  • Apollo328Apollo328 South Africe Join Date: 2020-06-01 Member: 261545Members
    Leviathan scared me.
    And the weird Alien guy ( he's blue and teleports away) by the Alien gun.
    That really scared me.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    I've been startled frequently, but scared? No, not much on the other side of the screen that isn't a cheap jump scare bothers me.
  • EliCVideogamerEliCVideogamer Join Date: 2020-05-08 Member: 260791Members
    Funny story actually

I had already watched tons of Youtube videos on subnautica and i was on my first playthrough, so the reapers didn't scare me, and the stalkers didn't scare me.

i was randomly exploring looking for the mountain island when I accidentally wandered into the northern Blood Kelp Forest and was looking for rubies, when suddenly there was the huge boom and the power went out in my seamoth. I screamed and instantly started swimming toward the surface, and didn't turn around until i was 50+ meters away.

I still hate crabsquids to this day.
  • RockyWafflezRockyWafflez Join Date: 2020-05-10 Member: 260881Members
    I was exploring some underwater icy tunnels and saw big bubbles coming out of the thing that looks like hatched eggs. I turned around looking for where to go next when I see movement out the corner of my vision and screamed..... at the bubble!
    Yep that's embarrassing lol
  • IhavedeppresionIhavedeppresion Join Date: 2020-06-15 Member: 261869Members
    I encounter a Reaper Leviathan ( from mistake ) and didn't get so scared of him..... but,the first creature i got scared of, was a freaking Stalker (: . I was just chilling near the lifepod,saw some green and long things coming out near the lifepod and i said " What are those ? '' . Got to them,and then i heard a Stalker scream ( didn't know he even existed back on this moment ) and then i look under me, O-o , a full open mount creature that was so ready to bite me (: . I got a heart attack and just quit the F game,from a freaking Stalker (; That was my first scary thing that i seen,of course until Leviathans .
    i was chillin in my cylops and a 10 reapers came and just killed it so i sat in my seamoth as a panic room as it burned and exploded around me.?
    i also built a base in a stalker nest so i never came out and almost died once