A few new creatures ideas and environmental improvements I’d like to see in future mods

Cire555Cire555 bend Join Date: 2018-01-02 Member: 234752Members
edited April 2021 in Ideas and Suggestions
The first thing is like to see is some kind of prey fish for the squid sharks to eat in the deep twisty bridges, because right now I can’t figure out what they’d eat other than us, maybe a glowing red semitransparent fish to replace the random glowing red orbs that seem to float around down there. Something like a beta fish mixed with a jelly fish

The second thing I’d like to see is a chemovoric nautilus like creature in the purple vents, like maybe a turtle squid or something based on the coconut octopus

Another addition to the purple vents biome could be a large coral you can swim inside of to avoid predators maybe based on one of those jungle gym spider things

In the lay pad biome, I’d love to see some herbivores combination of a pill bug, horseshoe crab and a centipede, that puts out heat when you get close to it as a defense mechanism, they could be used as an explanation for how the lillypads live in the arctic, saying they heat up the water or something making it almost tropical there.

I’d also like to see a troll fish with access to all the leviathan sound files (mimicking leviathans to scare of predators) that would put the fear of god in the players when they hear a shadow leviathan in the shallows

Another idea might be to introduce a prey species to the glacial basin, currently the snow stalkers have no food source and it’s be nice if I didn’t have to drive my sea truck all the way back to the twisty bridges to get food other than heat plants

And my last idea I got while running into fish with my sea truck, what if there was a fish that was mostly docile but has a huge boney plated head and writhed rammed fish to stun them for food, or head-butted each other for territorial Purposes like big horn sheep do. They could pose no threat to the player while they’re swimming around, but ram the sea truck thinking it’s a competitor for their territory.

Anyway those are my ideas (though they are kind of rough) feel free to let me know what you think and elaborate on any that you like :)

Comments

• Alin99Alin99 Join Date: 2020-02-13 Member: 257847Members
    Sorry, but I think that "raming fish" can,t ex ist beacuse this kind of defense or hunt don't work in water. Maybe very large creatures like riffback could evolve such a head. Small fish are too fast (in real life) to be rammed and to glitch
  • nmgamer7nmgamer7 Join Date: 2020-02-26 Member: 258295Members
    I would love to see a few creatures in and add on or below zero my first idea is lik a dolphin thing that i call a ticka and it swims around making low repeated ticking sound and its beak and tip of its tail is coated with titanium they would be defensive pnly if you provoked it and it could drop its beak and be used to make a sword it would be found in the safe shallows purple vents and lilly pads
  • jgraff000jgraff000 2924 Tanglewood drive Waukesha Wisconsin Join Date: 2020-04-21 Member: 260288Members
    I think that a new land animal I would love to see in Below zero is some semi-terrestrial adaptation of the gasopod. I think it would be appropriate, because honestly, the ice needs a bit more fauna than pengwings and snow stalkers. Maybe it would be called something like gas cattle, or some other wild livestock adaptation.
  • jgraff000jgraff000 2924 Tanglewood drive Waukesha Wisconsin Join Date: 2020-04-21 Member: 260288Members
    Another thing would be to make the glow grub an adult stage, maybe a glow fly? Or it could be an ice fly.
  • RockyWafflezRockyWafflez Join Date: 2020-05-10 Member: 260881Members
    I think it would be cool if they made a plant, maybe in the caves, that can grab and entangle you and you have to use your knife to cut yourself free before you run out of oxygen.

I would also love to see some alien creature living in the depths that is based off of the deep sea anglar fish, its light could draw the player in since light sources are usually associated with safe areas, but, as you get closer you see a set of huge teeth rushing at you...

Another interesting idea that could be funny: what if they made a creature that looks exactly like an outcrop except it senses movement so when you get close to collect it, it suddenly flicks open and is just like a big eyeball... a weird EYE-dear i know, but, i think it would be really creepy despite being harmless it could freak people out earlygame and it could be uncommon or even rare so that you forget about it after a while until you encounter it again, only to be startled all over again.

Sorry, my sentence structure is horrible. I hope this made sense.
  • LokiLALokiLA Moscow Join Date: 2020-05-12 Member: 260947Members
    WOULD LIKE TO FIX THIS

1) I think it is worth correcting in the PDA in the item-geological data
    -scattered debris
    - analysis of the ship that they belong to the "Aurora" any name!!!
    since (Aurora) was shot down on the other side of the planet and the Debris in shape is far different from its structure!!
    something doesn't add up.

2) Cryptosuchus emits a very loud roar for its size! if possible, I would like to make it quieter.

3) and in the recipes of tools, you should add a battery. since when creating any of them, it has it in it and you can pull it out.

4) in the cargo module o, would like to increase the slots from 12 to 18 at least. some things take up 6 or more cells and there is not enough space in it.

5) Cryptosuchus swim all over the map except for the depth and create an impression of monotony. in the original Subnautica each biome had its own exotic fauna.

WILL BE??

-Will the polar map contain the Architects ' anti-space defense complex to contain the quarantine from the first part??
    even if it was somewhere far away, it would explain the wreckage on the bottom.

MY IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS, WOULD LIKE TO SEE AT LEAST SOMETHING OF THIS.

1) ice starfish. ( lies on the bottom can be picked up as a fish if you are in the hands of the temperature drops. it can also be placed in an aquarium)
    2) a long, blue-white, thin, spiny algae that stings when touched causes disorientation
    3) medium-sized animal resembling a walrus that can lick on an ice floe and dive (attacks when approaching)
    4) closed flower in which lives a leech bloodsucker like from the first part. only attacks when approaching a flower.
    5) the flywheel. peaceful small land animal fluffy white ball. running through the snow burrowing in snow burrows hiding from snow stalkers. ( dekorativny )

-would also like to see a small underwater biome under the ice floes now there is just a bare surface.
    ice peaks and spires stretched to the surface and some would grow in the iceberg, at the bottom of the sea as a Central zone large fossilized corals and giant stars
    also transparent ice blocks in which there would be frozen fish adding more different algae similar to normal but different in color
    also bubble corals around which micro glowing squids will circle.

that's it is, thank you for your attention I hope this is read. I apologize for my English

ALL GOOD TIME OF THE DAY FRIENDS.

AN IDEA ABOUT TRANSPORT!

I've noticed a lot of complaints and criticism about the underwater truck.

in its storage very little space and movement with 3 modules makes it slow even with improvement
    and when you collect it completely it is like a turtle and it is very bad everyone does not like it.
    my suggestion is as in this Subnautica: Below Zero there is a land motorcycle why not make a sea motorcycle.
    a fast motorcycle and in the endless underwater narrow tunnels and crevices where the truck can not get it will be better
    but there are also disadvantages it does not have any protection for the hero and really small cargo Cabinet and only 2 modules for improvement as well as on the polar Fox
    Nice idea@lokiLA .y ideas are some what good i think my favorite is the boun er
    nmgamer7 wrote: »
    Nice idea@LokiLA my ideas are some what good i think my favorite is the bouncer

• SilverBeardSilverBeard Australia Join Date: 2017-09-17 Member: 233100Members
    LokiLA wrote: »
    ALL GOOD TIME OF THE DAY FRIENDS.

AN IDEA ABOUT TRANSPORT!

I've noticed a lot of complaints and criticism about the underwater truck.

in its storage very little space and movement with 3 modules makes it slow even with improvement
    and when you collect it completely it is like a turtle and it is very bad everyone does not like it.
    my suggestion is as in this Subnautica: Below Zero there is a land motorcycle why not make a sea motorcycle.
    a fast motorcycle and in the endless underwater narrow tunnels and crevices where the truck can not get it will be better
    but there are also disadvantages it does not have any protection for the hero and really small cargo Cabinet and only 2 modules for improvement as well as on the polar Fox

This is perhaps the best idea for transport I've come across.
    Well thought out and it ties in with the tech and the principles of balance - get more speed, lose more armor.
    GOOD DAY TO ALL.

1) I would like the developer to add the ability to scan and create.
    Manufacturer of first aid kits, and glass cylindrical shelves, such as in Margaret's greenhouse.

2) as well as more realistic depth interactions on the character.
    and the is bathyscaphe explodes. but nothing happens to the hero.
    they would have come up with a suit for greater depths.
  • darrindarrin Frankfurt; Germany Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250965Members
    edited May 2020
    LokiLA wrote: »
    This is actually called: 'SeaGlide'. :wink:

The only difference is that you don't have to hop on/off the SeaGlide and you do not have to pack it to carry it around. The devs could change this of course and make the SeaGlide more a standalone vehicle, but I actually like it the way it is. I'd rather want to replace the SnowFox with a special power armor that improves the mobility of the player (higher jumps, maybe some short-term jetpack (see astroneer)).

GOOD DAY TO ALL.

IDEAS FOR THE GAME

1) Make places with thin ice and the possibility of falling under it if you walk on it

2) weather conditions hail caused damage to the player.
    there is such a hail the size of an egg in life such a hail would kill a person.
    I would like the game to bring this moment closer to realism.

3) more costumes and masks for diving to different depths for the player.

4) the creation of additional modifications to the Seatruck .
    (increased strength, energy shield, engine strengthening, expanded energy capacity).

5) the machine or the recipe for the manufacture of dry rations

6) the ability to give not only titanium but another resource from the wreckage that has already been studied.
  • asf2004asf2004 Join Date: 2020-05-22 Member: 261257Members
    Hi!
    Have a design idea for Marguerit's Greenhouse. Perhaps it can be braided inside by giant vines, which, due to the fact that they have been forgotten for a long time, have gone out of control.
    lmmdy1zuzay2.jpg

Something like this. Sorry if not clearly drawn.
  • RockyWafflezRockyWafflez Join Date: 2020-05-10 Member: 260881Members
    edited May 2020
    What about a large flying creature, possibly even a Leviathan?
    My idea is a big, intimidating creature that's design is inspired by the Pteranodon.
    It would likely live/nest near the warmth of the hot springs.
    It can dive down to surprising depths to hunt its favourite food.
    Can occasionally be seen flying around waters near the island and casts a large shadow when flying over you.
    Its prey and their bones (maybe Brute Sharks) can be found near its nest, showing just how deep this thing can dive.
    Survives cold by staying near hot springs and Thermal Lily's when it's not hunting, and, maybe it's underside/belly could be a yellowish colour from it's environment (hot springs)
    Too big to fit in caves but it's silhouette or shadow can be seen standing in the cave entrance - watching you...
    and when you see the dark silhouette of this creature watching you, its eyes could reflect the reddish light coming from the Thermal Lillie's.
    Because it can fly, dive, and walk on land, maybe, to make it a little less OP, it will not hunt you like other Leviathans but will attack if you get too close or stare at it for too long... it stares at you from cave entrances out of curiosity or because its keeping an eye on you, making sure you don't get too close to its nest.
    The only reason it will hunt you, possibly across the entire map or most the map is if you steal its egg?
    It has a long tail to balance out the weight of it's large head and to help it swim when hunting. When it closes its mouth some of its longer teeth stick out like a crocodile.
    It could be called Terallien and here is a rough drawing i made:
    fhUU4TS.png
    Nicely done ive made a few creatures but my drawing ability is mediocore but i think its a cool concept maby a few more details like sise or to scan abilities like a double scan
  • mr_reaperleviathanmr_reaperleviathan Join Date: 2020-05-26 Member: 261390Members
    Thank you you are a very nice person
    There is a creature idea. This is a small fish similar to an earth catfish. It can stick to stones, base walls and debris. Biomes: Arctic Kelp Forest, Lilypad Islands and Mercury IIpusbsyydwaxk.png
    Hello! My idea may seem silly, but I think the Leviathans of the Sea Emperors should be returned to Subnautica Below Zero. Otherwise, it is not clear how the local fauna was cured of Kharaa. Yes, I know that Sea Emperors no longer participate in the plot. But you can change the plot a bit. For example, Al-An’s “new vessel” somehow got infected with the Kharaa bacterium, and Al-an asked Robin Ayou to bring some enzyme from the Sea Emperors to recover.
    Sorry, if poorly written
    2o30b0x8ginv.jpg
    For illustration

• Cire555Cire555 bend Join Date: 2018-01-02 Member: 234752Members
    edited July 2020
    Some more ideas I had for new creatures organized by biome

Lily pads

The Crab-Turtle, a large herbivore class leviathan that feeds on the lillypads, it would fairly passive and be slow moving, likely looking very similar The “giant turtle” Concept art they released for the original subnautica but never implemented, I think this would be a great addition to the Lillypad biome and would fit It a lot better than the glow whales.

The Thermal spires

Scorch-beetles, a larger relative of the rock grubs, these beetles would feed on the volcanic silt pushed to the surface by the thermal spires, and would, like the ice worm be capable of producing volatile exothermic compounds that let them heat up parts of their body to incredible temperatures, however unlike the ice worm that uses this ability for burrowing through the ice and hunting, the Scorch-beetle would use it defensively, superheating it’s shell and the water around it as a defensive mechanism to ward off predators.

Ribbon fish, a small yet beautiful prey fish with long trailing ribbon like fins, this idea is a bit less developed than the others but I think the sparseness of the thermal
    Spires biome could be a great opportunity to show off some less traditional creatures that would normally be confined by a tight space in the other biomes. I think Having a reddish fish with long trailing ribbon-like fins that drift behind it as it swims would add some beauty to what is otherwise a fairly bland biome

The Arctic kelp zone
    The vine-squid, a squid like creature with long leafy tendrils that resemble creepvine leaves, it would hide among the thick clusters at the top of the creepvines waiting for unsuspecting prey to wrap in its leafy tendrils. This could be a great opportunity for a midsized ambush predator or if they expanded the kelp zone They could make it a larger and more dangerous entity, though that might be a bit much for the early game.

The purple vents
    Sponge worms, long worm-like creatures full of holes that filter feed on the chemical rich water of the purple vent zone, they could extend from the termite mound looking structures found all over the purple vent biome swaying about in the current only to retract suddenly when the player gets to close. Maybe they could even be constantly releasing clouds of purple gas/spores as they feed, thus lowering the visibility and making the whole biome seem more alien and eerie, like the cloudy water behind the Aurora in the first game, this could also serve to hide the chelicerate a bit and thus give it a bit more of a much needed terror factor

Building on this idea of lower visibility I also came up with

The Stunstar, a starfish like creature that lives in the deep purple vents and could replace the glowing blue coral things. this fairly stationary creature would have a rather unique defense mechanism, it would glow brighter as you approached it and when you get too close it would release a blinding flash of light that would disorient and blind the player. this flash would require a bit of a build up, and once the flash is used it’d take a while to build up before it could be used again. I think this would be a fairly simple and uniquely terrifying mechanic in subnautica as losing your vision for a short while, especially in a dangerous biome could be disastrous

The Tree spires biome

The Star-Ray, larger than most of Ray species on 4546B the Star-ray is unique in that the bioluminescent patters along its body are not static like the majority of species on 4546B instead the bioluminescent patterns on its body change and shift In a vivid display of color, the purpose of this display is unknown though it is theorized that this may be its way of communicating with other members of its species. The Star-Ray could blend in with the water of the tree-spires biome and be adorned with a changing pattern of bioluminescent lights and trail light behind it like the peepers that carry enzyme 42, I think this would be a beautiful addition to the game, And would give the tree spires that etherealness some biomes of the first game had, even if had no relevance to gameplay

The glacial basin
    The ice crawler, an arctic relative of the cave crawler, it has adapted cling to icey surfaces with its clawed spider-like legs, this would be an easy reskin on the part of the devs (likely they could take inspiration from the yeti crab) and would go a long with with improving the biodiversity of the area, of all my ideas I think this one would be the easiest to implement.

The snow skipper, a distant cousin of the hoverfish, it retains the hoverfish’s unique ionizing footpads, however Instead of using its ionizing pads to move it through the water the Snow skipper instead use its pads to ionize the uppermost layer of snow creating a repelling force that allows it to slide effortlessly across the landscape. This creature would serve as a good source of food other than the heat-fruit when exploring the glacial basin and would likely be fun to watch slide around, it could also be a prey animal for the snow stalkers.

The iceback, a slow moving terrestrial relative of The Reefback, this creature accumulates an icy shell on its back to protect it from opportunistic predators, harmless and docile these lumbering giants are one of the rarest species in 4546B. I think this creature would be an amazing callback to the original subnautica while still being unique, and could give people the same sense of Quiet majesty as the original Reefbacks.

Misc. (creatures that could go anywhere)

The jelly snake, a small sized leech like predator in its larval stage, it poisons it’s victims as It clings to them disorienting them and making it very difficult to remove, at larger sizes it’s poison becomes much more deadly and has been known to swallow creatures many times it’s size. I feel this creature could be a good replacement for bleeders at the small size serving as a minor annoyance in the twisty bridges or deep
    Twisty bridges, and could be placed in the void as a deterrent at a large size or implemented as a replacement for the squid sharks in the lillypad biome.

The Sea-mist leviathan, smaller than most leviathans it cultivates a unique form of phytoplankton that covers its hunting grounds in thick clouds of silt, making it very difficult to see. This ambush predator hides until something wanders into its domain, then strikes without warning. This could be a good way to solve the void problem, by covering it in a cloud of silt, it could create a realistic border to the world while also giving you a good reason to stay away from it.
  • potatoZMasterpotatoZMaster Israel Join Date: 2020-06-20 Member: 261999Members
    i think the star ray is a great one specifically, as youre right that the biomes lack that etherealness that the first game had. i also would like a similar ray in the crystal caverns, maybe a close relative to the star ray, but more deep sea cave oriented. bioluminescence is something very missing from snbz.
    edited July 2020
    Even more ideas for new creatures

Blobsquid
    A small predator reminiscent of a tentacled semi-amorphous translucent purple blob with a single central eye, it envelops its Prey like an amoeba and secretes a poisonous paralytic slime that serves to paralyze it’s prey while it consumes it. This could serve to replace the bleeders from the first game wrapping around your arm until you knife them off, and providing a poison effect similar to the droopingstingers from the first game with an added slowing effect to your swimming that wears off over time, I think these would suit the deep purple vents biome.

Crystal back snail
    Based on the lronfoot snail these mollusks could crawl around in the crystal caves and be a food source for the shadow leviathan or the player depending on their size, and though they likely wouldn’t affect the player much they would add some much needed biodiversity to the crystal caverns

Treasure clam
    A large predatory clam species that appears harmless at first that extends an arm (like an angler fish) from its mouth(?) That holds a shiny piece of metal or other luminous substance in order to attract prey before it closes on them trapping them within where they are slowly digested. This creature could be escapable if you hit it with the knife a few times and if you freeze it with the stasis rifle you could collect its treasure without worrying about getting caught. I’m thinking tree spires or cave flowers biome for this one

Drill worm
    A small armored creature (aquatic relative of the ice worm?) that feeds on energy similar to the lavalarva by drilling into electronics or other machinery and siphoning their power. Could be anywhere but I think the glacial connection (if expanded into its own biome) would be appropriate since it would be a parasite to the jellyfish (which really need a new name, maybe eyejellys?)

Bubble fish
    A large fish species with a unique predation tactic it consumes other species by pulling them into a bubble pocket on its body that it then fills with air in order to suffocate them before expelling them to eat at its leisure. (Imagine a cross between a whale, a puffer fish, and a frog with an inflatable belly made of the gel-stuff from the Titan holefish) the player could be sucked inside and carried around with no fear of drowning before being expelled somewhere random when the fish determines they aren’t suffocating. Could be placed in the east arctic or the west arctic, maybe even the sparse arctic if it was deep enough

Some flora ideas (might not work because of biome constraints)

Coil bush
    A unique species of flora these strange plants fire off a stunning blast of electricity when one gets to close in order to incapacitate would be predators. Could be used to incapacitate seatrucks temporarily in certain areas they’d prefer the player go unprotected. Thinking these could be placed int the jungle like tunnels near marge’s base that connect a few biomes.

Crab trees
    These terrifying predatory trees use their large Chitinous branches to grasp and tear at unsuspecting prey holding them immobile until they succumb to their injuries, their rotting bodies providing food to the predatory plants. As such their branches and the area around their trunk is often littered with bones, which lures in scavengers starting the cycle anew. These trees could grab the player if they get to close injuring them and holding them until they either manage to struggle free or drown. Might need a new biome for these but if they blended in with the tree spires they could add a bit of danger to that area

Hook trees
    A larger and more active version of the spiky trap that would look similar to sea anemone, these large trees would fire hooks that dig into the sea truck and try to consume the whole thing entirely, requiring the use of the afterburner upgrade to escape. Not sure where these would go but I think the idea is interesting, maybe a forest of them near the end of the map to deter people from heading in that direction.

Leviathans

Tempest leviathan
    An enormous (vent garden size?) stationary leviathan relative of the spiky trap that fires an electric pulse to stun prey (or the sea truck) before opening its mouth creating a powerful suction force (whirlpool) to draw the paralyzed prey inside. Maybe put this in the east arctic or somewhere that doesn’t have a lot going on, honestly while I like the idea this might be too large/or out of place to put anywhere

Monarch leviathan
    A slightly smaller creature than the emperor leviathan that possesses incredible camouflage making it almost invisible. it is a horrifying cousin to the sea emperor species that uses their genus’s unique telepathic nature to prey on the more sentient species of 4546b by reading their minds and creating illusions of their greatest desires to draw them into range before they strike. (Could be used in cutscene like sequence when she thinks she finds her sister?). I like the idea of putting this in the red crystal caves as a kind of ambush predator for when you first find the fabricator base, really playing into the preying mantis aspect (the sea emporer’s arms). After you find it, al-an would help you escape it’s mind control in a cinematic, it would explain why Altera never found the fabricator base and you could have it keep trying to tempt you to it in different ways whenever you went back as an invisible predator that you’d have to avoid it based on the strength of its psychic signals.
    What about flying Leviathan what i was thinking was like a bridge sized creature that had for long slender wings and bubble in its belly allowing it to disorent the player by ammiting a very high pitch very lound sound and then attack using a very sharp beak but the only proplem i see is that where would it sleep are eat prey but maybe a cool death animation would be you look down then up then forms it wings like a cross then dives down cutting to black
    Not the best artist but I tried to draw another idea for a leviathan I had, one that would prowl the crab tree forests mentioned above y38zljisbnbu.jpeg
    The sea kite leviathan a translucent spider-like relative of the ghost ray, it holds its prey in the four grasping arms That extend from its underside pulling them into its gaping maw, it’s long webbed spider-like legs allowing it to silently glide through the water with surprising grace.
  • SreesadyaSreesadya Andhra Pradesh Join Date: 2020-07-18 Member: 262605Members
    Had a great message to every comment. I am happy to read all the comments. Good information sharing platform. Thak you keep posting
  • RokyRoky Italy Join Date: 2020-08-03 Member: 262976Members
    Yeah, I know that ALL SUBNAUTICA PLAYERS think about that and never happens, and I know that's off-topic but it will be really funny if they will add a multiplayer mode in subnautica.
    An idea I had for the void in below zero:

Instead of having a set And obvious demarcation where the map kind of drops off and chelicerate force you back on the map like the ghost leviathans did in the first game, I would instead propose that they put an inhospitable biome that cannot be passed safely even with Vehicles, put something on the ground that Can swallow the whole prawn suit, a leviathan that eats you if you try to swim, or laches on to your sea truck and Cinematically Breaks through the glass to drag you into its mouth with tentacle like tongues, basically send the message that if you go too deep into the void, you die. I think this would really up the terror level and make the border less obvious, perhaps the ending could even be changed so that Sam is alive and fled into the void, only for you to follow after her (with a little help from precursor tech), after declining AL-An’s offer to go with him to his planet through the warp gate.
  • HowardEHowardE Tampa Join Date: 2020-08-04 Member: 263008Members
    edited August 2020
    Cire555 wrote: »

Lily pads

The Crab-Turtle, a large herbivore class leviathan that feeds on the lillypads, it would fairly passive and be slow moving, likely looking very similar The “giant turtle” Concept art they released for the original subnautica but never implemented, I think this would be a great addition to the Lillypad biome and would fit It a lot better than the glow whales.

The Thermal spires

Scorch-beetles, a larger relative of the rock grubs, these beetles would feed on the volcanic silt pushed to the surface by the thermal spires, and would, like the ice worm be capable of producing volatile exothermic compounds that let them heat up parts of their body to incredible temperatures, however unlike the ice worm that uses this ability for burrowing through the ice and hunting, the Scorch-beetle would use it defensively, superheating it’s shell and the water around it as a defensive mechanism to ward off predators.

Ribbon fish, a small yet beautiful prey fish with long trailing ribbon like fins, this idea is a bit less developed than the others but I think the sparseness of the thermal
    Spires biome could be a great opportunity to show off some less traditional creatures that would normally be confined by a tight space in the other biomes. I think Having a reddish fish with long trailing ribbon-like fins that drift behind it as it swims would add some beauty to what is otherwise a fairly bland biome

The Arctic kelp zone
    The vine-squid, a squid like creature with long leafy tendrils that resemble creepvine leaves, it would hide among the thick clusters at the top of the creepvines waiting for unsuspecting prey to wrap in its leafy tendrils. This could be a great opportunity for a midsized ambush predator or if they expanded the kelp zone They could make it a larger and more dangerous entity, though that might be a bit much for the early game.

The purple vents
    Sponge worms, long worm-like creatures full of holes that filter feed on the chemical rich water of the purple vent zone, they could extend from the termite mound looking structures found all over the purple vent biome swaying about in the current only to retract suddenly when the player gets to close. Maybe they could even be constantly releasing clouds of purple gas/spores as they feed, thus lowering the visibility and making the whole biome seem more alien and eerie, like the cloudy water behind the Aurora in the first game, this could also serve to hide the chelicerate a bit and thus give it a bit more of a much needed terror factor

The Stunstar, a starfish like creature that lives in the deep purple vents and could replace the glowing blue coral things. this fairly stationary creature would have a rather unique defense mechanism, it would glow brighter as you approached it and when you get too close it would release a blinding flash of light that would disorient and blind the player. this flash would require a bit of a build up, and once the flash is used it’d take a while to build up before it could be used again. I think this would be a fairly simple and uniquely terrifying mechanic in subnautica as losing your vision for a short while, especially in a dangerous biome could be disastrous

The Tree spires biome

The Star-Ray, larger than most of Ray species on 4546B the Star-ray is unique in that the bioluminescent patters along its body are not static like the majority of species on 4546B instead the bioluminescent patterns on its body change and shift In a vivid display of color, the purpose of this display is unknown though it is theorized that this may be its way of communicating with other members of its species. The Star-Ray could blend in with the water of the tree-spires biome and be adorned with a changing pattern of bioluminescent lights and trail light behind it like the peepers that carry enzyme 42, I think this would be a beautiful addition to the game, And would give the tree spires that etherealness some biomes of the first game had, even if had no relevance to gameplay

The glacial basin
    The ice crawler, an arctic relative of the cave crawler, it has adapted cling to icey surfaces with its clawed spider-like legs, this would be an easy reskin on the part of the devs (likely they could take inspiration from the yeti crab) and would go a long with with improving the biodiversity of the area, of all my ideas I think this one would be the easiest to implement.

The snow skipper, a distant cousin of the hoverfish, it retains the hoverfish’s unique ionizing footpads, however Instead of using its ionizing pads to move it through the water the Snow skipper instead use its pads to ionize the uppermost layer of snow creating a repelling force that allows it to slide effortlessly across the landscape. This creature would serve as a good source of food other than the heat-fruit when exploring the glacial basin and would likely be fun to watch slide around, it could also be a prey animal for the snow stalkers.

The iceback, a slow moving terrestrial relative of The Reefback, this creature accumulates an icy shell on its back to protect it from opportunistic predators, harmless and docile these lumbering giants are one of the rarest species in 4546B. I think this creature would be an amazing callback to the original subnautica while still being unique, and could give people the same sense of Quiet majesty as the original Reefbacks.

The jelly snake, a small sized leech like predator in its larval stage, it poisons it’s victims as It clings to them disorienting them and making it very difficult to remove, at larger sizes it’s poison becomes much more deadly and has been known to swallow creatures many times it’s size. I feel this creature could be a good replacement for bleeders at the small size serving as a minor annoyance in the twisty bridges or deep
    Twisty bridges, and could be placed in the void as a deterrent at a large size or implemented as a replacement for the squid sharks in the lillypad biome.

The Sea-mist leviathan, smaller than most leviathans it cultivates a unique form of phytoplankton that covers its hunting grounds in thick clouds of silt, making it very difficult to see. This ambush predator hides until something wanders into its domain, then strikes without warning. This could be a good way to solve the void problem, by covering it in a cloud of silt, it could create a realistic border to the world while also giving you a good reason to stay away from it.
    Your idea is really cool. I think that you have to implement it for sure!
    HowardE wrote: »
    Cire555 wrote: »

Lily pads

The Thermal spires

The Arctic kelp zone

The purple vents

The Tree spires biome

The glacial basin

Your idea is really cool. I think that you have to implement it for sure!

I’d love to but unfortunately I’m not on the development team or a modder, I have heard there is a missing team creating a living gargantuan leviathan mod, that may be using creature ideas from players though, so if I’m lucky maybe they’ll find mine.