UPDATE 332 - Released! - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited May 2020 in NS2 General Discussion

imageUPDATE 332 - Released! - Natural Selection 2

Update 332 is large and in charge, with a slew of fixes, balance changes, visual improvements, optimizations and more! Oh and don't forget those new skins!

Read the full story here

Comments

• KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
  • KopungaKopunga Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Okay, let me start of with some praise. I really love the new Power Nodes. I cannot say how fond I will be of the balance changes, since it's too early to comment on those yet, but I feel like I will be flashing a lot of Lerks in the near future.
    But I must say I am still very unhappy with the Web rework. To me this pretty much comes down to basically removing Web from the game. I don't like the limited uses, I hate the loss of parasite and I am annoyed by (yet understand) the change in placement.

Also the Tooltip for consuming Tunnel Entrances is still not fixed and I don't feel that the old (and still current) Tooltip for Vampirism befits the current effect of the ability. But those are just minor blemishes that, at worst, mostly effect inexperienced Players and newcommers.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Kopunga wrote: »
    But I must say I am still very unhappy with the Web rework. To me this pretty much comes down to basically removing Web from the game. I don't like the limited uses, I hate the loss of parasite and I am annoyed by (yet understand) the change in placement.

Haven't tried the patch yet, so no opinion on limited uses, but parasite for webs while a big nerf shouldn't have been added in the first place. Maybe if there was a research cost to it, but it was overbuffed like mines and had to come back down. Anyway, feedback goes to discord. Its in the news post and everything.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Also the Tooltip for consuming Tunnel Entrances is still not fixed.
    Ugh.. this old thing keeps slipping through.
    Thanks for the reminder. :)
    https://trello.com/c/xHAC73RQ/1416-327-tunnel-recycle-information-tab-is-titled-tip
  • anonimitazoanonimitazo Spain Join Date: 2020-05-27 Member: 261427Members
    Am I the only one who can't run the game anymore after this patch? I downloaded the update but when I run NS2 the launch screen freezes after a few seconds and nothing happens. Before this I had another problem which is that the game appeared uninstalled in my steam library even though I could launch it through the exe file but I think that is unrelated anyway, since after clicking 'install' it got fixed. I verified the integrity of the files but nothing changed.
  • KopungaKopunga Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited May 2020
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Also the Tooltip for consuming Tunnel Entrances is still not fixed.
    Ugh.. this old thing keeps slipping through.
    Thanks for the reminder. :)
    https://trello.com/c/xHAC73RQ/1416-327-tunnel-recycle-information-tab-is-titled-tip

While you're at it, maybe change the typo in "entrace" aka entrance too. :wink:
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Am I the only one who can't run the game anymore after this patch? I downloaded the update but when I run NS2 the launch screen freezes after a few seconds and nothing happens. Before this I had another problem which is that the game appeared uninstalled in my steam library even though I could launch it through the exe file but I think that is unrelated anyway, since after clicking 'install' it got fixed. I verified the integrity of the files but nothing changed.

@anonimitazo
    Try running repairgame.exe first
    If that doesnt fix it, please run techsupport.exe located in the same /x64 folder and then send me that zip file if you can.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Interesting to read about the one frame delay for input! How was that discovered!? Great to see you guys are still working hard and updating the game. Miss all of you!!
  • o0bero0ber Join Date: 2013-09-11 Member: 188132Members
    You bloody did it! I never thought I'd see the day that mouse input lag be removed. Good job.
  • WebtranceWebtrance US Join Date: 2013-11-08 Member: 189165Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Crashed twice tonight on 332. I never crashed last patch, ever.
  • WebtranceWebtrance US Join Date: 2013-11-08 Member: 189165Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Crashed again like 3 times tonight, at least once/game. Did a full dump, did the repair.exe, don't know what to do...oh well...
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    @IronHorse I summon you to help webtrance

@Webtrance you have a bigger chance finding help in the ns2 discord https://discord.gg/SQYbxZ
  • louiscardinallouiscardinal Hong Kong Join Date: 2013-12-23 Member: 190675Members
    The new fade stab has issues: stab does not work with vampirism , stab does not work with focus. I suggest making those 2 upgrades fully work with stab so people actually are interested in researching and using stab.
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    The new fade stab has issues: stab does not work with vampirism , stab does not work with focus. I suggest making those 2 upgrades fully work with stab so people actually are interested in researching and using stab.

Its intended to help res bite and clear PGs. It's supposed to put pressure on marines to not let aliens sit on 2 hives