Patch 332 Balance Patch Notes - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited May 2020 in NS2 General Discussion

imagePatch 332 Balance Patch Notes - Natural Selection 2

———————————————————————————————————————————————————— Here is a snippet of what’s in store for build 332, which is coming soon! This changelog contains the Balance Patch Notes, there is much more in the full...

Read the full story here

Comments

• XaleXale Paris / France Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24767Members
    "All Powernodes now start socketed but unbuilt"

God YES ! Thank you.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    How do you "harden" webs?
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited May 2020
    they harden themself over time
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Good stuff. Interesting skulk changes.

But you made the weapon pickup timer even shorter? D:
    Mephilles wrote: »
    they harden themself over time

Ah. Thanks. Like maturity then? Can we mist it? How many seconds per charge?
  • KopungaKopunga Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I know I'm being really nitpicky here, but is the tooltip for consuming the tunnel entrance going to be fixed. It still says "Tip" instead of "Consume" and talks about an "entrace". Also hallucinations already have a cool down. You probably meant to say you introduced a hallucination like cool down for mucus membrane and enzyme cloud.

Also not really a fan of the web rework tbh. Do they at least prevent the usage of jetpacks? Or do they just slow down Marines? Imho that would degrade them from a useful tool to a mere nuisance in all but a very few cases.

And I didn't get to test the self-welding Exo, does it constantly play the welding sound? If so, can it at least be reduced volume for the Exo pilot? That would be terrific.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    @Aeglos should be 10 seconds per charge IIRC. So I think after 30 seconds a web reached maximum hardness
    Mephilles wrote: »
    @Aeglos should be 10 seconds per charge IIRC. So I think after 30 seconds a web reached maximum hardness

Thanks!
  • IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    When it comes to bite cone reduction for Skulks, im never a fan of that. Primarily due to the fact that when you see a marine on your screen, and you invoke bite, you expect it to land, as there is a bite animation. So often times you see the target, bite, see your teeth and theres no feedback for the player if it landed or not. So there are times when you expect to hit your target but you dont. I think the cone should be as wide as the screen/teeth cause it doesn't really make sense. Otherwise make the bite animation the same size as the bite cone.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    System wrote: »
    The health and armor status (hp bar) has been removed from enemy players in combat (We recommend enabling damage numbers)

God Bless the Dev Team!
    Thank You!
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    .trixX. wrote: »
    System wrote: »
    The health and armor status (hp bar) has been removed from enemy players in combat (We recommend enabling damage numbers)

God Bless the Dev Team!
    Thank You!

EDIT:
    Reading on the list, this is a pretty solid patch guys, i really like it!