Subnautica save problem xbox

mozbottlemozbottle Join Date: 2020-04-20 Member: 260235Members
I don’t know if I’m posting in the right place because this is the first forum I have ever joined. My son loves subnautica but every time he tries to save his progress on his xbox it fails with 2156068870. I see there has been some discussion about this in the past but nothing about how to fix it. Can someone help please?

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I haven't seen any fixes. How full is the hard drive on the xbox? Have there been many games/saves deleted from the xbox? I'm wondering if it has issues running out of save space or with fragmenting files(happens on older hard drive after many saves/deletes, leaving parts of files scattered).
  • mozbottlemozbottle Join Date: 2020-04-20 Member: 260235Members
    Thanks for the reply. It was on an external HD and wouldn’t save, so he moved it on to the internal and it won’t save there either. Both drives have plenty of space. He’s reluctant to delete and reinstall as he’d lose all his old stuff. Do you think that’s what he needs to do?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Try clearing the Xbox1 cache:

(from https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/115015352427/Clearing-the-Cache-on-your-Xbox-One-console)
    Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until the Xbox One completely shuts down
    Once the indicator lights on the front of the Xbox One and the console’s power brick are off, disconnect the power brick from the back of your console
    Wait at least 30 seconds
    Plug the power brick back into your Xbox One and turn it on
    Boot up the game
    Note: This will also reset your brightness setting and choice of language.
  • mozbottlemozbottle Join Date: 2020-04-20 Member: 260235Members
    Hi again. Tried all that but just the same. Do you have any other suggestions? I really appreciate you taking the time to look at this.