A collection of tweaks for the base game

FLT_400FLT_400 Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255334Members
1. when pressing quit from the pause menu if it says it's been a long time since the last save, add a third button to save then quit
2. when the cyclops thermal reactor module is installed, there should be a water temperature readout in the bridge
3. when the cyclops engine is shut down, silent running mode should stop draining power/ automatically turn off
4. a clearer indication that silent running mode drains power would be greatly appreciated
5. the hull re-enforcement module should also reduce damage from hostile creatures, as only preventing collision damage does not seem very useful, especially with the accessibility of the repair tool for the occasional collision
6. a better indication of where you have to position yourself for a moonpool to grab your vehicle would also be nice
7. the compass hud should also give you coordinates
8. hostile preditors/leviathans should not follow you all the way to the safe shallows. maybe make it so that when they get more than 100 meters from a biome they naturally spawn in they give up the chase
9. there should be an exception to the requirement of one day's membership prior to creating forum topics for the bug/crash report subforums. this means you can get faster feedback if you accidentally introduce a bug with a new update, as people may not have created accounts for anything other than reporting a new crash/bug. I know you might see more spam, but you can just hire more moderators/implement better spam filters

this list may expand, but that's what I have so far

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited April 2020
    Some very good ideas, though I doubt they plan to make any non-bugfix changes to the base game. Your best bet for any of these would be to check NexusMods, though some things would be near impossible for mods. If they don't have a mod for #7, use beacons at far ends, or press f1 to get coordinates. Edit: here's a mod for coordinate display.

For #9, make sure to do F8 reports, and try asking in the discord linked in my signature. It's much more active than the forum. Moderators are unpaid, so they don't check forums every day. Spam filters wouldn't be able to keep up, as the bots seem to be getting smarter.
  • darrindarrin Frankfurt; Germany Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250965Members
    Ha! Point 3 happened to me once. I preferred the red lights over full or no lights. It gave the cyclops the touch of a real submarine. But after turning off the engine and exploring the deep caves (appox. 1500m) with my PRAWN suit, I returned and couldn't even dock again.

Turned out the energy was gone and this meant the docking doors won't open either!