subnautica discord channel ban [venting]

cybotcybot Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225670Members
I was chatting in the subnautica discord channel, and I don't know if I accidently hit a wrong key or two (i'm on a new laptop and still haven't got used to the smaller keyboard) but the SN discord channel suddenly disappeared, and when I tried to rejoin, I got a ticket expired message, even when I went used the link on the discord site with out logging into discord using my browser. did the discord server go down? how do I get back into the channel?

Comments

• cybotcybot Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225670Members
    I found an alternate way in discord to join the server, but it just sits there processing or something. why can't I get back in?
    apparently I got a ban for discussing the size of the player models bust, and saying I was "the enemy of all 2d women". although the contents of the conversation was not nfsw, and was pg-13 at most, I apologize for my actions. I hope that this ban is only temporary, and that I can eventually rejoin the channel seeing that this was my first infraction. I have definitely learned my lesson.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    Pretty sure you're just gone mate
    edited April 2019
    I have never been banned before, from anything. So as a result I had a lot of emotions to work through. So I stepped away and sorted through them, rather than say or do something I later regret.

appearently I was banned "for saying despicable things about women" this is patently false. my comments were specifically targeted at the player model "robin" and she is not a woman. she is a collection of one's and zero's, i.e. computer data. you can shape such data to look like a women, but it still is not a women. calling it a person is wrong as well. "robin" does not even exist. she is a work of fiction. she is not even real. had I made my statement more generalized, then yes, then the reason for the ban might be accurate. but I specifically mentioned in my comments that I was talking about the player model. I did not reference any others. the subnautica discord channel, I thought, was supposed to be a place for user feedback, and suggestions. my suggestion was to make the bust on "robin" bigger, and make it so you could see the bust when you looked down. It doesn't mean this will ever happen. someone could suggest to make all fish into reapers, but that doesn't mean that this will ever happen. this being said, the discord channel is owned by the devs of subnautica, they can do what they want with it. the fact that they would ban someone for simply voicing their opinion is a sign of poor moderation. I am through venting. the most they can do now is further violate my right to free speech by deleting this post. I do not expect a response to this post nor will I respond to any further posts. I feel I have been calm and collected when I made this post, and I have not made any attacks, personal or other wise against anyone. I will miss interacting with other users of SN and BZ through the discord channel. to me that was half the fun of the game(s).

as a warning to future discord channel users, whatever you do, do not make any comments about the design of the player model (or just to be safe, any of the npc models) or you risk being banned.
  • NinjaLizard43NinjaLizard43 Join Date: 2020-03-26 Member: 259192Members
    Honestly, I was banned too, I don't quite understand why. Maybe I was messaging too much, but was I later kicked from the discord. When I joined back, I asked why I was kicked, "no response". And then I was banned. I had only typed in the general chat. I just want to know why I was kicked in the first place.
  • nefiirianefiiria Join Date: 2018-02-18 Member: 237839Members
    cybot wrote: »
    appearently I was banned "for saying despicable things about women" this is patently false. my comments were specifically targeted at the player model "robin" and she is not a woman. she is a collection of one's and zero's, i.e. computer data.

If you honestly have to jump through this large of a hoop to justify what you said, whatever you said, then I gather to imagine you said a lot more than what you're letting on. Regardless, your actions shouldn't need to be justified if you actually did nothing wrong.

It says a lot about your character though, the way you've responded to this whole thing thus far. I have no idea what you originally said to get banned, but based off your response in this forum, I can easily see why you'd be banned.
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    They are so socially woke... the wokeness is woking the wookies on tatooine.
    Just the kind of devs you are dealing with...

• JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    If i was a big game designer i wouldn't want people talking about the main character in a "certain" way, but i will admit that only a temporary ban should have been applied instead of a full ban.
  • TAJocelynTAJocelyn Join Date: 2020-03-16 Member: 258824Members
    As a female I think you should get at least a warning and a deleted post with an explanation first before your permanently banned for a second offense.
    That way you would have an opportunity to apologize to the community and possibly be forgiven (if it's not too serious).
    But that's just me turning the other cheek.
    nefiiria wrote: »
    cybot wrote: »
    appearently I was banned "for saying despicable things about women" this is patently false. my comments were specifically targeted at the player model "robin" and she is not a woman. she is a collection of one's and zero's, i.e. computer data.

If you honestly have to jump through this large of a hoop to justify what you said, whatever you said, then I gather to imagine you said a lot more than what you're letting on. Regardless, your actions shouldn't need to be justified if you actually did nothing wrong.

It says a lot about your character though, the way you've responded to this whole thing thus far. I have no idea what you originally said to get banned, but based off your response in this forum, I can easily see why you'd be banned.

I had intended on forgetting this whole matter. but it appears my thread has been picked up. the following are messages from Obraxis himself on the messages i made that caused me to receive a ban.

tda5ayasvmxc.jpg

jogk4l06mgqb.jpg

probably my biggest mistake was still carrying on the line of conversation while not one but two people with mod status were present and paying attention. I didn't even notice that until now (two years later).