State of Development: March 2020 - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Posts: 466 vanilla
edited March 17 in NS2 General Discussion

imageState of Development: March 2020 - Natural Selection 2

The NS2 developer team has been working on a new map Metro, gameplay changes, resolving critical engine issues and a new system to find a good match.

Read the full story here

Kasharic

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Posts: 2,838 admin
    Bump
    Developer, Modder and Server Admin of Survival of the Fattest - Ingame Nick: Ghoul
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, EnglandMembers, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Posts: 694 Advanced user
    Exciting stuff on the horizon folks, I hope this work brings people a little light in the dark times and something to look forward to! <3
    Meph isn't an NSL admin anymore!

#blameHefty
  • TDFTDF USAMembers Join Date: 2020-02-07 Member: 257678Posts: 6 Fully active user
    Glad to hear they are working hard on the game. Really looking forward to the upcoming changes and new map!
    "The greatest mystery in life is the unknown. To solve, you must forge your own path and discover that which you do not already know." - Unknown (to be discovered)
  • AeglosAeglos Members Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Posts: 634 Advanced user
    Speaking of bugs, is the bonus from upgrading to crag hive for cysts not meant to be retroactively applied unlike shade or is it a bug? I recall that there was a recent fix to the gorge tunnels hp, but I don't know if this is intended or not.

Brought it up when the patch was released a year ago.
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2394805/#Comment_2394805

Also, I think this is the best time to bring it up since it is in the beta, so, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars.

• MephillesMephilles GermanyMembers, NS2 Map Tester Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Posts: 963 Advanced user
    spamming won't help you mate
    return to zero
  • AeglosAeglos Members Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Posts: 634 Advanced user
    I'm praying, bud. We all know nobody reads the forums anymore.
  • AvocaAvoca Members Join Date: 2013-08-29 Member: 187169Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    edited March 19
    There more changes which are undocumented

"Drive away playerbase"
    "Ban criticism on forums"
    "Develope game for self without player involvement"
  • IronmanIronman Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Posts: 102 Advanced user
    Is it true focus is being removed? i played on beta balance server and saw a new upgrade that i didnt find useful. Also depressing to see focus removed as Skulk is my fav unit and after awhile 5 bites to kill gets boring.

Also please increase gl dmg to skulk so 1 gl will kill skulk. annoying that jp/gl unit can get killed easily when defending from a skulk, especially as jetpack fuel doesnt last long.

Press C to consume - cant say how many times i destroyed my tunnels because im trying to press c for mini map - game breaker.

Cysts are too weak and tunnel doesnt cover enough infestation ground. Marines lock aliens by killing useless cyst, before gorge could create tunnel and grant access to rt, hive to counter marine camping.

Marine Mg - please make old model optional skin, i really enjoyed it, sad its gone.

Cloaking - maybe reduce alien sounds and footsteps as map control is key and everyone is rushing so staying cloaked isnt often.
  • MephillesMephilles GermanyMembers, NS2 Map Tester Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Posts: 963 Advanced user
    Blight (the new ability) isn't fully completed yet afaik. You are supposed to gain health info with it for you and your teammates. (Remember that health bars got removed in beta aswell)

Focus is a kind of upgrade that is either underwhelming or overpowered. Basically if focus does 100+ damage for skulks/fades you can 1 shot marines without armor which was deemed too strong but if it does less it is too weak. So it is kind of impossible to make that a good upgrade.

I think the old Marine MG skin (which is the ns1 rifle skin iirc) is chilling in the background for a standin model if new primary weapons get tested.... I think

Reduce alien sounds... I don't want silence back so I would try to stay as far away as possible from any upgrades that change sound perception
    return to zero
    Ironman wrote: »
    Press C to consume - cant say how many times i destroyed my tunnels because im trying to press c for mini map - game breaker.

It is default to G for new (and old?) players and you can rebind it anyway.
    i59fpwsd41sg.png