State of Development: March 2020 - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited March 2020 in NS2 General Discussion

imageState of Development: March 2020 - Natural Selection 2

The NS2 developer team has been working on a new map Metro, gameplay changes, resolving critical engine issues and a new system to find a good match.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Exciting stuff on the horizon folks, I hope this work brings people a little light in the dark times and something to look forward to! <3
  • ValicanValican USA Join Date: 2020-02-07 Member: 257678Members
    Glad to hear they are working hard on the game. Really looking forward to the upcoming changes and new map!
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Speaking of bugs, is the bonus from upgrading to crag hive for cysts not meant to be retroactively applied unlike shade or is it a bug? I recall that there was a recent fix to the gorge tunnels hp, but I don't know if this is intended or not.

Brought it up when the patch was released a year ago.
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2394805/#Comment_2394805

Also, I think this is the best time to bring it up since it is in the beta, so, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars, please remove hp bars.

• MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    spamming won't help you mate
    I'm praying, bud. We all know nobody reads the forums anymore.
  • AvocaAvoca Join Date: 2013-08-29 Member: 187169Members
    edited March 2020
    There more changes which are undocumented

"Drive away playerbase"
    "Ban criticism on forums"
    "Develope game for self without player involvement"
  • IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is it true focus is being removed? i played on beta balance server and saw a new upgrade that i didnt find useful. Also depressing to see focus removed as Skulk is my fav unit and after awhile 5 bites to kill gets boring.

Also please increase gl dmg to skulk so 1 gl will kill skulk. annoying that jp/gl unit can get killed easily when defending from a skulk, especially as jetpack fuel doesnt last long.

Press C to consume - cant say how many times i destroyed my tunnels because im trying to press c for mini map - game breaker.

Cysts are too weak and tunnel doesnt cover enough infestation ground. Marines lock aliens by killing useless cyst, before gorge could create tunnel and grant access to rt, hive to counter marine camping.

Marine Mg - please make old model optional skin, i really enjoyed it, sad its gone.

Cloaking - maybe reduce alien sounds and footsteps as map control is key and everyone is rushing so staying cloaked isnt often.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Blight (the new ability) isn't fully completed yet afaik. You are supposed to gain health info with it for you and your teammates. (Remember that health bars got removed in beta aswell)

Focus is a kind of upgrade that is either underwhelming or overpowered. Basically if focus does 100+ damage for skulks/fades you can 1 shot marines without armor which was deemed too strong but if it does less it is too weak. So it is kind of impossible to make that a good upgrade.

I think the old Marine MG skin (which is the ns1 rifle skin iirc) is chilling in the background for a standin model if new primary weapons get tested.... I think

Reduce alien sounds... I don't want silence back so I would try to stay as far away as possible from any upgrades that change sound perception
    Ironman wrote: »
    Press C to consume - cant say how many times i destroyed my tunnels because im trying to press c for mini map - game breaker.

It is default to G for new (and old?) players and you can rebind it anyway.
    i59fpwsd41sg.png