Below Zero: Game won’t launch (Mac Catalina OS, MBP)

MochifiendMochifiend Join Date: 2017-08-20 Member: 232511Members
Happy New Year everyone!

I played Subnautica from early in its Early Access life and Below Zero from its first launch. I have played Below Zero in experimental on an early 2015 MacBook Pro (3.1 GHz Dual Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB ram). However, since 24 December, I have not been able to get the game to load.

Nothing in my computer or network settings have changed.

Initially it gave me an error message in Steam. So I ran through Steam’s troubleshooting tree, eventually uninstalling both Steam and Subnautica completely from my machine. After a reinstall, it get a the game to act like it is starting, but the screen never opens to the main menu. I see a head shot of Sam Goodall for a second, then sounds of marine life start to gurgle, but the game just hangs there. I have tried letting it go for 10 minutes to see if it boots, but nothing.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

I have one more day of holiday left, and no human engagements to prevent me from playing, so I’d like to get lost in the cold again. Please help.

Comments

• MochifiendMochifiend Join Date: 2017-08-20 Member: 232511Members
    Update on above: I tried a few more things and now neither Subnautica nor Below Zero will launch. I get this: Error Code 4294956486 when I try to launch Below Zero in experimental. Interestingly enough, I can upload game in stable, but I've seen too much to revert to that game right now.

Also, I tried the suggested terminal fix suggested by another developer for a different game without luck. Another suggestion was to play using Bootcamp on this computer but would prefer a better solution.

Most likely this is a Steam issue, but they have no way for me to file a ticket for support or fix of the issue. Any thoughts?
  • cerisecerise Join Date: 2020-01-05 Member: 256982Members
    hey, I am having the same problem, did you find any solution?
  • annirose1annirose1 Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255328Members
    After 300 hours of Below Zero on my Mac os - both regular and experimental- game won't launch after going through many troubleshooting attempts. Subnautica launches fine. BZ goes from 'error' won't load to going to a black screen and endless 'loading...' with sound effects in background. I read on here and discord that devs were aware of the problem but after weeks- what gives?
    thx
  • annirose1annirose1 Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255328Members
    So what happens after posting here and seeing (here and in discord) others having sudden problems with Below Zero launching on Macs? Is there another way to contact Steam or Devs? SN plays fine and after 300+ hours of Below Zero- just shows 'loading' on a black page. Where do you go next?
  • JoFoRaJoFoRa Join Date: 2020-01-24 Member: 257376Members
    I have also a Mac. Please help.
    Hey there. I am still having issues with Subnautica Below Zero--there is a conversation on Steam, but it is not always clear if I have explained my issues clearly enough to generate a response. I feel a bit lost.

Here is the latest:
    I can play Subnautica fine in stable and experimental.
    I can play the other unity games on Steam (Oxygen Not Included and Civ6) fine.
    I CANNOT play Subnautica Below Zero on stable--the graphics are wonky, and yes, I have tried implementing the low-resolution option.
    I CANNOT play SBZ in experimental--the game loads and starts with the PDA alarm, but there is no audio. Once Robin sits up in bed, the game freezes and I cannot use the F8 command to report the issue.

Any help, or guidance, would be appreciated. I am not a coder or developer, so I don't know how to report these issues so they are clear to those who are. Thanks.
  • lancedragonslancedragons Join Date: 2020-02-09 Member: 257740Members
    I have macOS Catalina and can't run Subnautica either, it won't even launch the app
    I tried opening the executable and it says this:
    2020-02-09 16:08:19.508 Subnautica[25649:819128] Unable to load the Interface Builder file MainMenu.nib because the object archive is missing. Valid nib files must contain either keyedobjects.nib, objects.nib, or data.nib. Full path: /Users/Shared/Epic Games/Subnautica/Subnautica.app/Contents/Resources/MainMenu.nib
    2020-02-09 16:08:19.508 Subnautica[25649:819128] Unable to load nib file: MainMenu, exiting
    logout

Okay, so after today's update I am still unable to play in experimental, only this time, I am back to getting the message from Steam that will not allow the game to launch. I am getting OS error 4294956486 again.

I can, however, now play the stable version of the game. So I tried to start a game in stable, saved it once I was in the water, and change game to experimental to see if the problem was just a hurdle at the start of the game. No luck. I get the error message in experimental.

Any thoughts?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Mochifiend I found a couple different posts on that error code. All seem to be the same issue - a Unity update changed how their games make executables(it now includes spaces), so steam shortcuts are broken on Mac's. Refresh the shortcut or create a new shortcut to the path with either of these methods:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/os-error-4294956486-failed-to-start-process.742928/
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/461430/discussions/0/1457328392101158735/
    edited February 2020
    @narfblat Thank you. I read through the links you sent and tried to follow the instructions laid out to correct the issue. I was successfully able to launch the game, but the game still hangs right after Robin turns to get out of bed. Sam never starts talking, I just get a beach ball and a clicking whistle. The game is still unplayable in experimental.

I have attached my player log here, but I have no idea what it means:
    (Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

LightmappedPrefabs all loaded, maybe starting intro vignette frame 3466

StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal(intptr)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal (System.Int32 cb) [0x00006] in <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0
    at FMOD.Sound.getName (System.String& name, System.Int32 namelen) [0x00000] in <f73bced3bf2748318670cf6708bf8cad>:0
    at FMODSoundCallback.SoundCallback (FMOD.Studio.EVENT_CALLBACK_TYPE type, FMOD.Studio.EventInstance eventInstance, System.IntPtr parameters) [0x00054] in <f73bced3bf2748318670cf6708bf8cad>:0
    at (wrapper native-to-managed) FMODSoundCallback.SoundCallback(FMOD.Studio.EVENT_CALLBACK_TYPE,FMOD.Studio.EventInstance,intptr)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    UnityEngine.UnhandledExceptionHandler:<RegisterUECatcher>m__0(Object, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal:AllocHGlobal(IntPtr)
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal:AllocHGlobal(Int32)
    FMOD.Sound:getName(String&, Int32)
    FMODSoundCallback:SoundCallback(EVENT_CALLBACK_TYPE, EventInstance, IntPtr)

(Filename: <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e> Line: 0)
  • Max225Max225 Join Date: 2020-02-29 Member: 258385Members
    Same here. MacBook Pro End 2019 16" with Catalina 10.15.3
    Just hangs at the same time, right at the beginning. She gets up, screen freezes, sound loops.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Mochifiend I don't see the files, but the "fmod" error may point to a sound issue. This may be fixed by plugging in headphones or enabling spatial sound. If that doesn't work, try uploading the files to pastebin or a similar service.

@Max225 Can you find the crash report files?
  • olm3caolm3ca Join Date: 2020-03-01 Member: 258416Members
    @narfblat I am experiencing the same error, the game is unplayable on Mac at the moment. Attached is the full log file from my machine, I hope it helps.

FWIW, I tried using headphones and that didn't fix it. What I did find is if I set the game settings to the lowest and turned off bloom and dithering, the character floated on the bed and I somehow skipped that initial call. I was able to move outside, but as soon as the game proceeds to the next dialogue, it crashed again. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the dialogue.
  • gpparkergpparker Lexington, MA Join Date: 2020-02-27 Member: 258329Members
    I'm seeing the same Mac crash. March 2020 experimental release, but also happened with regular and February experimental. Start a new game and right after the PDA scene when the character gets out of bed, the game hangs. Have to kill it manually. Log file

FYI: after every Steam update, I now have to repair permissions on the local file tree to enable write access for everyone. If I don't, I get a load error before the game starts.
    Hi there,

So, I am still unable to load the game. In experimental, the game crashes on the black screen after the player leaves the base station in the sky. Here is the player log:

Mono path[0] = '/Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed'
    Mono config path = '/Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
    Initialize engine version: 2019.2.17f1 (0)
    [XR] Discovering subsystems at path /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Resources/Data/UnitySubsystems
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Renderer: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M OpenGL Engine
    Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Version: 4.1 ATI-3.5.5
    GLES: 0
    GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_container_object_shareable G
    L_APPLE_flush_render GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_NV_texture_barrier
    OPENGL LOG: Creating OpenGL 4.1 graphics device ; Context level <OpenGL 4.1> ; Context handle -2045993472
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    - Completed reload, in 0.121 seconds
    OnLevelWasLoaded was found on OVRScreenFade
    This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
    Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

(Filename: ./Runtime/Mono/MonoScriptCache.cpp Line: 355)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Post FX/Eye Adaptation' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Post FX/Eye Adaptation' - Setting to default shader.
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Post FX/Monitors/Histogram Render' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Post FX/Monitors/Histogram Render' - Setting to default shader.
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Post FX/Depth Of Field' - Pass 'CoC Temporal Filter' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Waterscape/UpdateDisplacement' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Waterscape/UpdateDisplacement' - Setting to default shader.
    UnloadTime: 1.029397 ms
    Initializing Steam services

Application root directory: /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero

Plugins: Couldn't open libc, error: dlopen(libc, 2): image not found

(Filename: ./Runtime/Misc/Plugins.cpp Line: 322)

BankLoadException: [FMOD] Could not load bank '/Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Resources/Data/StreamingAssets/Secret.bank' : ERR_FILE_NOTFOUND : File not found.
    at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.loadedBankRegister (FMODUnity.RuntimeManager+LoadedBank loadedBank, System.String bankPath, System.String bankName, System.Boolean loadSamples, FMOD.RESULT loadResult) [0x00057] in <3909aa84dfa848d4a85a5ad8fd308bef>:0
    at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.LoadBank (System.String bankName, System.Boolean loadSamples) [0x0007e] in <3909aa84dfa848d4a85a5ad8fd308bef>:0
    at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.LoadBanks (FMODUnity.Settings fmodSettings) [0x00094] in <3909aa84dfa848d4a85a5ad8fd308bef>:0
    FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:LoadBanks(Settings)
    FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:Initialize()
    FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:get_Instance()
    FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:get_StudioSystem()
    FMODUWE:PathToGUID(String, Guid&)
    FMODUWE:GetEventDescription(String, EventDescription&)
    FMODUWE:GetEventInstance(String, EventInstance&)
    FMODUWE:GetEventImpl(String)
    FMODUWE:GetEvent(FMODAsset)
    FMOD_CustomEmitter:SetAsset(FMODAsset)
    FMOD_CustomEmitter:Awake()

(Filename: <3909aa84dfa848d4a85a5ad8fd308bef> Line: 0)

Steamworks: RequestStats - failed, k_EResultFail

Material doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex'

(Filename: ./Runtime/Shaders/Material.cpp Line: 1371)

Material doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex'

(Filename: ./Runtime/Shaders/Material.cpp Line: 1371)

WARNING: RGB Compressed BC6H UFloat format is not supported, decompressing texture
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Waterscape/UpdateCaustics' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Waterscape/UpdateCaustics' - Setting to default shader.
    WARNING: RGB Compressed BC6H UFloat format is not supported, decompressing texture
    Plugins: Couldn't open oleaut32, error: dlopen(oleaut32, 2): image not found

Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.dll.dylib
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.dll.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.dll.bundle
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/oleaut32.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.dylib
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.bundle
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/oleaut32
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.dll.dylib
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.dll.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.dll.bundle
    Plugins: Couldn't open oleaut32, error: dlopen(oleaut32, 2): image not found

Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/oleaut32.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.dylib
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/liboleaut32.bundle
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SubnauticaZero.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/oleaut32
    Loading game settings

changeset 25366, QualityLevel = 2

OK Running Win64

Application version: 25366

SystemInfo:
    deviceModel = MacBookPro16,1
    deviceName = Focused on Shit
    deviceType = Desktop
    deviceUniqueIdentifier = EBEC805D-EE84-519C-BFB6-47CC5AAA50CB
    graphicsDeviceID = 29504
    graphicsDeviceName = AMD Radeon Pro 5500M OpenGL Engine
    graphicsDeviceType = OpenGLCore
    graphicsDeviceVendor = ATI Technologies Inc.
    graphicsDeviceVendorID = 4098
    graphicsDeviceVersion = OpenGL 4.1 ATI-3.5.5
    graphicsMemorySize = 8176
    graphicsShaderLevel = 46
    npotSupport = Full
    maxTextureSize = 16384
    operatingSystem = Mac OS X 10.15.3
    processorCount = 16
    processorFrequency = 2400
    processorType = Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz
    supportedRenderTargetCount = 8
    supports3DTextures = True
    supportsAccelerometer = False
    supportsComputeShaders = False
    supportsGyroscope = False
    supportsImageEffects = True
    supportsInstancing = True
    supportsLocationService = False
    supportsRawShadowDepthSampling = True
    supportsRenderTextures = True
    supportsRenderToCubemap = True
    supportsShadows = True
    supportsSparseTextures = False
    supportsStencil = 1
    supportsVibration = False
    systemMemorySize = 32768

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2)
    WARNING: RGBA Compressed BC7 UNorm format is not supported, decompressing texture
    WARNING: RGBA Compressed BC7 sRGB format is not supported, decompressing texture
    WARNING: RGBA Compressed BC7 UNorm format is not supported, decompressing texture
    UnloadTime: 6.036665 ms
    PDALog : Initialize() : Duplicate key 'Log_Journal_Intro_Crashed' found at index 92.

PDALog : Initialize() : Duplicate key 'Log_Journal_Intro_Pod' found at index 93.

PDAScanner : Initialize() : 'Seamoth' is an unknown entry for PDAEncyclopedia! (index = 69)

PDAScanner : Initialize() : 'TimeCapsule' is an unknown entry for PDAEncyclopedia! (index = 229)

ClearSkies - MildWeatherSet - Mild / Time 40.48273s -> 83.30301s
    HeavyFog - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 83.30301s -> 123.1698s
    ElectricStorm - ExtremeWeather - Extreme / Time 123.1698s -> 151.4463s
    HeavyFog - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 151.4463s -> 182.6044s
    Calm - MildWeatherSet - Mild / Time 182.6044s -> 228.675s
    Blizzard - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 228.675s -> 258.3391s
    LightSnow - MildWeatherSet - Mild / Time 258.3391s -> 306.0049s
    SnowStorm - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 306.0049s -> 333.1921s
    WhiteoutBlizzard - ExtremeWeather - Extreme / Time 333.1921s -> 359.5904s
    Blizzard - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 359.5904s -> 384.7151s
    ElectricStorm - ExtremeWeather - Extreme / Time 384.7151s -> 419.4951s
    SnowStorm - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 419.4951s -> 458.9717s
    Calm - MildWeatherSet - Mild / Time 458.9717s -> 506.4034s
    SnowStorm - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 506.4034s -> 534.3965s
    LightSnow - MildWeatherSet - Mild / Time 534.3965s -> 575.8302s
    SnowStorm - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 575.8302s -> 601.2942s
    ElectricStorm - ExtremeWeather - Extreme / Time 601.2942s -> 632.3725s
    SnowStorm - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 632.3725s -> 669.4789s
    LightSnow - MildWeatherSet - Mild / Time 669.4789s -> 716.8356s
    SnowStorm - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 716.8356s -> 745.2944s
    WhiteoutBlizzard - ExtremeWeather - Extreme / Time 745.2944s -> 783.5585s
    SnowStorm - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 783.5585s -> 811.3271s
    Calm - MildWeatherSet - Mild / Time 811.3271s -> 858.2742s
    HeavyFog - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 858.2742s -> 892.2331s
    LightSnow - MildWeatherSet - Mild / Time 892.2331s -> 934.7726s
    HeavyFog - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 934.7726s -> 965.3636s
    HailStorm - ExtremeWeather - Extreme / Time 965.3636s -> 994.313s
    SnowStorm - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 994.313s -> 1025.219s
    WhiteoutBlizzard - ExtremeWeather - Extreme / Time 1025.219s -> 1052.846s
    Blizzard - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 1052.846s -> 1080.791s
    ClearSkies - MildWeatherSet - Mild / Time 1080.791s -> 1126.496s
    HeavyFog - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 1126.496s -> 1158.537s
    LightSnow - MildWeatherSet - Mild / Time 1158.537s -> 1201.739s
    Blizzard - BadWeatherSet - Dangerous / Time 1201.739s -> 1233.354s
    Calm - MildWeatherSet - Mild / Time 1233.354s -> 1278.576s

Kinematic body only supports Speculative Continuous collision detection

(Filename: ./Modules/Physics/Rigidbody.cpp Line: 740)

Heartbeat CSV, time s,40.48, GC.GetTotalMemory MB,280.1602, OctNodes MB,0, CompactOctrees MB,256.625, CellManager MB,0, ClipMapManager MB,-9.536743E-07, GCCount,73, PlayerPos,0,1.787,0, WorkingSet MB,0

Unloading asset bundle 'logos' because it is no longer referenced

Unloading 3145 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 21249.
    Total: 17.802247 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.912106 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.134788 ms MarkObjects: 14.514389 ms DeleteObjects: 1.240662 ms)

'Loading Essentials' took 0.75 seconds

'Loading ResearchBase' took 0.79 seconds

L0: Loading lightmapped prefab scene ResearchBase total ms: 794.6024 self ms: 794.6033

Streamer not ready for Precursor_Teleporter_ToEndGame

Loaded lightmapped prefab ResearchBase frame 733

'Loading IceCliffs' took 0.13 seconds

L0: Loading lightmapped prefab scene IceCliffs total ms: 128.7082 self ms: 128.7082

Loaded lightmapped prefab IceCliffs frame 747

'PreloadingBase' took 10.32 seconds

PAXTerrainController::Initialize called - frame = 2161

'Preloading base' took 4.00 seconds

PAXTerrainController::MountWorld frame 2710

builders ready, building world..

loading static world at '/Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SNUnmanagedData/Expansion'.

loading static world at '/Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SNUnmanagedData/Expansion'.

World in /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SNUnmanagedData/Expansion is from version 39

LargeWorld: Loading world. Frame 2712.

LargeWorld land 'Voxeland (Voxeland)'

LargeWorldStreamer::Deinitialize called, frame 2712

LargeWorldStreamer::Initialize frame 2712

Read streaming settings:
    max frame ms 10, skip ents False, budget 200

LargeWorldStreamer allocated space for 26,20,26 octree batches

LargeWorldStreamer is disabling grass! Either override disable is on, or this is a standalone build

Calling LoadPrefabDatabase frame 2712

L1: Initialize prefab database (WorldEntities) total ms: 4.7917 self ms: 4.7917

L1: SaveLoadManager.Initialize total ms: 2.3002 self ms: 2.3003

L1: Create octree compiler total ms: 1.9941 self ms: 1.9942

L1: Create worker thread total ms: 0.1155 self ms: 0.1155

L0: Streamer initialize total ms: 77.6664 self ms: 68.3729

L0: cellManager.ResetEntityDistributions total ms: 16.2644 self ms: 16.2644

L0: LoadSceneObjects total ms: 2.2176 self ms: 2.2176

L0: LoadGlobalRoot total ms: 1.0247 self ms: 1.0248

loading palette for LargeWorld at 'BlockPrefabs'.

WARNING: RGBA Compressed BC7 sRGB format is not supported, decompressing texture
    L0: Loading palette total ms: 418.9608 self ms: 418.9609

biome map downsample factor: 4

L0: Loading biome map total ms: 215.2753 self ms: 215.2754

LargeWorld: calling land.Rebuild frame 2715

L0: Rebuilding land total ms: 10.8213 self ms: 10.8214

OK world mounted: /Users/bonnieleelamadeleine/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/SubnauticaZero/SNUnmanagedData/Expansion

'Loading world' took 0.93 seconds

Loading world tiles

cam batch 12,18,12, loading bounds 11,17,11 -> 13,19,13, total 27

surface bounds 0,16,0 -> 26,20,26

awaiters 2677

'Loading terrain' took 0.00 seconds

loading 27 batches

Replacing cell Cell 5,8,4 (level 0, batch 12,18,12, state QueuedForAwake) with new cell.

'Loading world tiles' took 0.46 seconds

Loading cells

'Loading terrain' took 3.66 seconds

'Loading terrain' took 0.00 seconds

'Loading clipmap' took 2.93 seconds

'Updating cell visibility' took 0.00 seconds

Caching tech types for 4902 prefabs

'Loading entity cells' took 2.39 seconds

LoadAsync Done

LOADING FINISHED

PerformGarbageAndAssetCollection, Time.time=40.48273, Time.frameCount=3859, DateTime.Now=2020-03-18 1:00:36 PM

L0: PerformGarbageCollection -> GC.Collect total ms: 55.4256 self ms: 55.4257

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2)
    'Loading...' took 26.48 seconds

Unloading 5833 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 138764.
    Total: 517.905846 ms (FindLiveObjects: 6.666044 ms CreateObjectMapping: 7.154489 ms MarkObjects: 499.877961 ms DeleteObjects: 4.206861 ms)

--- PerformGarbageAndAssetCollectionAsync: GC Time 55.5606 Asset GC Time 522.0995

LightmappedPrefabs all loaded, maybe starting intro vignette frame 3861

ACTIVATING SCRIPTED WEATHER: Reboot Intro Meteors

Physics.ClosestPoint can only be used with a BoxCollider, SphereCollider, CapsuleCollider and a convex MeshCollider.

(Filename: ./Modules/Physics/PhysicsQuery.cpp Line: 1420)

Physics.ClosestPoint can only be used with a BoxCollider, SphereCollider, CapsuleCollider and a convex MeshCollider.

StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal(intptr)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal (System.Int32 cb) [0x00006] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at FMOD.Sound.getName (System.String& name, System.Int32 namelen) [0x00000] in <3909aa84dfa848d4a85a5ad8fd308bef>:0
    at FMODSoundCallback.SoundCallback (FMOD.Studio.EVENT_CALLBACK_TYPE type, FMOD.Studio.EventInstance eventInstance, System.IntPtr parameters) [0x0005e] in <3909aa84dfa848d4a85a5ad8fd308bef>:0
    at (wrapper native-to-managed) FMODSoundCallback.SoundCallback(FMOD.Studio.EVENT_CALLBACK_TYPE,FMOD.Studio.EventInstance,intptr)
    UnityEngine.UnhandledExceptionHandler:<RegisterUECatcher>m__0(Object, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal:AllocHGlobal(IntPtr)
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal:AllocHGlobal(Int32)
    FMOD.Sound:getName(String&, Int32)
    FMODSoundCallback:SoundCallback(EVENT_CALLBACK_TYPE, EventInstance, IntPtr)

(Filename: <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f> Line: 0)

• jwilsonlxjwilsonlx Join Date: 2020-03-30 Member: 259355Members
    I'm seeing the same behavior and getting almost the same Player.log output as @Mochifiend, see attached. Game freezes as soon as I get out of bed and my only way out is to force quit.
  • sweetTsweetT Join Date: 2020-04-08 Member: 259800Members
    I'm also having the same problem as @Mochifiend and @jwilsonlx. Game freezes as soon as I get out of bed, and I have to force quit as well. I have attached my Player.log file just in case it helps.
    See if you have the same issue in experimental, I think someone in another thread mentioned the bug is fixed there.
  • sweetTsweetT Join Date: 2020-04-08 Member: 259800Members
    Well, it runs in experimental mode @narfblat but I sure don't wake up in bed. Thanks.
  • fredflinstonfredflinston Spain Join Date: 2020-04-15 Member: 260060Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    See if you have the same issue in experimental, I think someone in another thread mentioned the bug is fixed there.

Any idea when that fix will reach stable? Here another one with same issue, MacOS 10.15.4, Epic, so no access to experimental... have revised all troubleshooting steps, and a previous update worked fine...

PD any way of getting from the devs access to the Steam version (an activation code for example) so I may be able to try out the experimental branch? Shame I didn't know about this restriction on Epic, otherwise would surely have bought the game on Steam ?‍♂️
  • olm3caolm3ca Join Date: 2020-03-01 Member: 258416Members
    Just in case anyone is still following this thread, it has been fixed in the latest April Frostbite release. It runs fine on my machine now running 10.15.4 Catalina.
  • fredflinstonfredflinston Spain Join Date: 2020-04-15 Member: 260060Members
    For me too, also gets past the video intro now..

(shame the game is now even more buggy, especially video defects (some fish have some amazing, tiny, shaped schools that flash like crazy), and my rx vega 64 goes crazy every time the water surface is in view, and whenever I pause the game (!))
    still love the game thou, asume these issues are from the change in unity engine recently.. but have got to same ending before, assembled Al-an's body, and now there seems to be no more story (yet!).. I also notice I got no narrative audio, although all other audio works fine...
  • ScifideityScifideity Join Date: 2020-06-09 Member: 261725Members
    Has anyone been able to play the 8.1 Final Story version past getting out of bed on Steam for Mac? I can play 9 and Experimental with no issues but can't get past getting out of bed on 8.1 and I'd like to experience that storyline if possible.