Subnautica Xbox Save/Load Issues - Subnautica

12346»

Comments

• xboxsubxboxsub Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227875Members
    Its hard enough trying to find xbox related ffeedback fixes and such about this game so when we get a xbox related fix it would be nice to be able to go through it without half the thread having nothing to do with xbox at all. Just saying.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited April 2017
    I don't know which thread you read, but this one is 99% about Xbox problems and of those posts, about 99% are about the SAVE/LOAD difficulty folks were having until last weeks FIX.

So WTF are you talking about???

Also, you do know that there is a SEPERATE Forum Topic Section that JUST deals with Xbox right?

(not sure if you noticed that this section is called GENERAL DISCUSSION)
    B)
  • CascadersCascaders United Kingdom Join Date: 2017-04-01 Member: 229346Members
    edited April 2017
    Hi there, seeing as there's some confusion regarding these errors id like to clarify that my error is on the xbox. This error has plagued me for the past 2 months. I got excited when it was announced that a fix had been done. But my game still has this error, if someone could look into it I would appreciate it. thanks 23lmxdy.jpg
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Cascaders wrote: »
    Hi there, seeing as there's some confusion regarding these errors id like to clarify that my error is on the xbox. This error has plagued me for the past 2 months. I got excited when it was announced that a fix had been done. But my game still has this error, if someone could look into it I would appreciate it. thanks 23lmxdy.jpg

I'd make a new topic in the xbox thread; that is a different bug (at least, it's a different error code).
  • CascadersCascaders United Kingdom Join Date: 2017-04-01 Member: 229346Members
    edited April 2017
    I was thinking that, but my error started at the same time as everyone else's . And like everyone else's it was originally just failed to load save error. It was only after the update to find out the issue did it change to this? I just want to know why mines different even though it happened at the same time as everyone else. But thanks for the suggestion :)
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

I'd make a new topic in the xbox thread; that is a different bug (at least, it's a different error code).

I was thinking that, but my error started at the same time as everyone else's . And like everyone else's it was originally just failed to load save error. It was only after the update to find out the issue did it change to this? I just want to know why mines different even though it happened at the same time as everyone else. But thanks for the suggestion :)

Well, both yours and the other error were normally unknown loading errors as it didn't have any details. UWE updated Subnautica to provide more information. Thus, they found the error that they have now fixed. It also shows that yours is some other error, which is apparently even rarer than the original one.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    This thread is about the XBox save bug, which was specific to XBox as it was caused by how XBox compresses save files. Anything on the PC is totally unrelated, and is a separate bug. I recommend you start a new thread if you have a PC related save issue.
  • BlindbrailleBlindbraille Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230182Members
    Just downloaded the game 2 days ago, played for 12 hours, had a base, bunch of gear and crafted material, I saved multiple times. Loaded it up today and the only save file was from four minutes in when I started the game. All that time wasted. What's worse is I don't want to play it for fear it will just happen again. It said in the patch notes they fixed this. So they are a bunch of liars or just idiots. Either way I'm not gonna risk wasting another 12 hours because you can't get your game together. Grabbing my refund today. Just pathetic.
  • matijas_06matijas_06 Join Date: 2017-04-26 Member: 229993Members
    edited May 2017
    Just downloaded the game 2 days ago, played for 12 hours, had a base, bunch of gear and crafted material, I saved multiple times. Loaded it up today and the only save file was from four minutes in when I started the game. All that time wasted. What's worse is I don't want to play it for fear it will just happen again. It said in the patch notes they fixed this. So they are a bunch of liars or just idiots. Either way I'm not gonna risk wasting another 12 hours because you can't get your game together. Grabbing my refund today. Just pathetic.

That's strange. My game saves without aby issues like that..
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

Patience is a virtue, my friend.

So instead of whining about your problems, then blaming it on the devs, (who have been entirely competent for a majority of the time, might I add) how about getting a devs attention, explaining your problem to them, and letting them look at it.

Yeah, you can do that here.

The only pathetic thing here is your ability to wait for a fix to your problem.
  • VeateckVeateck Cz Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232908Members
    Hello. I play subnautica on Xbox one and I'm having some issues with saving my game and loading it. I can enter the save, but when I save the game, the file doesn't overwrite the previous one, so I lost alot of progress and start from the point I've been to a long time ago. It may be caused by the recent 3 in 1 update for Xbox one. I hope somebody can help.

Thank you
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    Veateck wrote: »
    Hello. I play subnautica on Xbox one and I'm having some issues with saving my game and loading it. I can enter the save, but when I save the game, the file doesn't overwrite the previous one, so I lost alot of progress and start from the point I've been to a long time ago. It may be caused by the recent 3 in 1 update for Xbox one. I hope somebody can help.

Thank you

Same issue as you.

I've tried erasing saves etc. It gets to a particular point and then doesn't save anymore.
  • mercianmercian Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232938Members
    edited September 2017
    Same here saves once then doesn't over write the save, just wasted 3 hours, I am on the point of giving up on this game....
    Waited ages for the patch so that I could actually play this and I still can't.
  • KurtGKurtG Bristol Join Date: 2017-09-13 Member: 232980Members
    Same issue, nothing will save :(
  • chipideechipidee UK Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233042Members
    edited September 2017
    Exactly the same issue for me. Saves the game but then when I go to load the game the previous copy has not overwritten so I loose all progress. This has worked perfectly several times before but now played for a total of 4 hours 40 minutes and unable to save any further progress....for £16!! Wish I'd seen this thread before buying
    Skope wrote: »

So instead of whining about your problems, then blaming it on the devs, (who have been entirely competent for a majority of the time, might I add) how about getting a devs attention, explaining your problem to them, and letting them look at it.

Sorry Skope. Got to disagree. When you pay money for the preview you expect bugs but being unable to save makes this unusable. Given that this issue was reported on this thread alone back in May.....
    chipidee wrote: »

Sorry Skope. Got to disagree. When you pay money for the preview you expect bugs but being unable to save makes this unusable. Given that this issue was reported on this thread alone back in May.....

You are aware that sometimes different diseases have the same presenting symptoms, right? Also, this isn't the same bug. The saves load, they just don't save, leaving you with the previous save. In other words, the save file load process itself does not fault out (which is what happened last time).
    That's a good point. Reading the descriptions I was figuring that the ones last pointed out in April were about an error saving, which appears to be fixed, but everything from May onwards seems to be about old saves not being rewritten? That's how I read it anyhow.

chipidee wrote: »

You are aware that sometimes different diseases have the same presenting symptoms, right? Also, this isn't the same bug. The saves load, they just don't save, leaving you with the previous save. In other words, the save file load process itself does not fault out (which is what happened last time).

• teachbugteachbug Join Date: 2017-07-24 Member: 232002Members
    It's october the 3rd, and I still cannot save on my xbox1. first it started locking up, freezing THEN it started kicking me completely out of the game THUS losing all progress simply because I hit SAVE. Now I never complained about how long it took to get 3 new updates but this is 100% worse, and like one guy said UNplayable like this. There is no use in playing and wasting time and effort if you cant save. I dont care how long it takes but PLEASE at least give an UPDATED response for this sometime in the new month of october........2017.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    teachbug wrote: »
    It's october the 3rd, and I still cannot save on my xbox1. first it started locking up, freezing THEN it started kicking me completely out of the game THUS losing all progress simply because I hit SAVE. Now I never complained about how long it took to get 3 new updates but this is 100% worse, and like one guy said UNplayable like this. There is no use in playing and wasting time and effort if you cant save. I dont care how long it takes but PLEASE at least give an UPDATED response for this sometime in the new month of october........2017.

The bug this thread was for has been fixed, so it's a good idea to make a new thread for your bug. Make sure you have enough save space and do whatever other troubleshooting you can first(reinstall, check if other games save, etc). Most players getting a save bug after the xbox 3-in-1 just have a problem with being unable to over-write a save, but it sounds like you got something else entirely.
  • ziggyzag07ziggyzag07 Join Date: 2018-02-27 Member: 238387Members
    Hello im having these errors that I cant see anyone else having I had a 12 hour game and i went to load the game and this popped up (unknown block type 7) so i thought my file was just corrupted so i started a new game i come back a day later and i got (header checksum illegal can someone help
  • oo7hitman47oo7hitman47 us Join Date: 2017-03-05 Member: 228638Members
    I done said what I wanted stuff guys
    Dev are snip like the glitchy game
    Dev little girls in this game throwing a fit still want my money back 4 ya garbage it not preview any more still sucks?‍♂️ u wanna edit this 1 trash?
  • Florapelt05Florapelt05 Join Date: 2020-04-20 Member: 260220Members
    If I may, I am playing the Xbox version of Subnautica. As of buying the game back in 2017-16 ish i cant remember, I never experienced the save/load glitch. HOWEVER, as of the full release, in fact, almost a year afterwards, I am suddenly experiencing a save problem. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I figured Id bring some attention to a problem I assumed was fixed. I love Subnautica, I really do, so it's a small bit frustrating a bug that was supposedly fixed suddenly re-appears.