Update 329 - New abyss gorge skin not being awarded after meeting conditions

aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
edited September 2019 in Technical Support
With the current patch, you're awarded a new gorge skin after >5 rounds on ns2_origin, with a minimum round length of 5 minutes.

1) I've had at least 10+ rounds on ns2_origin all meeting that condition.
2) It's on a ranked server (mostly Ibis)
3) Did a restart of the client, and also a restart via the mod menu. Checked my skin menu again, no abyss gorge skin is available to choose.
4) The only mod I'm running is NS2+

Does an achievement pop up or am I missing something?

Comments

• aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Ah think I figured it out. The server i'm playing on is still running the custom 'ns2_Origin' custom map off the workshop instead of the official ns2_origin.
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    The Origin mod does load the 329 origin map tho, since I renamed the mod map name to ns2_origin_dev.
    Could still be the issue tho, not sure.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2019
    @aeroripper Based on your steam stats you only played 4 rounds on origin so far. All rounds played at a dedicated server on a map named ns2_origin should count unless the server runs some conflicting mod we are not aware of yet.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Where do I go to view these steam stats?
    Just for clarity I wasn't meaning to sound confrontational just genuinely curious b/c I've been googling and can only find hive stats.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    aeroripper wrote: »
    Where do I go to view these steam stats?

Currently the only way to get your steam stats is to utilize the steam web api (see https://steamapi.xpaw.me/#ISteamUserStats). The relevant stats field is called origin_release_rounds_played. We planned to add a counter to the new missions menu but did run out of time in the end. Sorry for that.
    Cool, thanks! Also:

wqs111vzwi2h.png

:hushed:
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    LOL! When stand-in text becomes lore...
  • ZatomusZatomus U.S.A Join Date: 2015-04-17 Member: 203535Members
    edited December 2019
    Is the abyss gorge still available?

*Edit: Never mind.