Refund?

MashigratedMashigrated Join Date: 2019-01-10 Member: 248489Members
Hi sorry to post this here, I literally can't find another way of contacting tech support. For PS4 version.,
If there's a way to contact technical support directly, please let me know.

I'm trying to contact you regarding a refund for the game. I bought it through PS store. for the playstation 4.

I've owned the game for about 3 days and I recently found despite saving the game frequently I lost a good few hours of gameplay when I logged in and it hadn't saved- despite me choosing to save from the menu. I have nothing against the game but I have no intention replaying several hours that I've already played, especially considering there's no guarantee it will save properly this time.

I've already contacted Sony regarding a refund but they've asked me to contact you. Please let me know how to obtain a refund.

Please reply to the topic or private message me.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    You could also try dropping a line to subnautica-support@unknownworlds.com
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    @Mashigrated I've reached out directly. We're sorry for the PS4 issues you've been experiencing and the lost time.
  • get_voiceget_voice Join Date: 2019-08-20 Member: 254369Members
    edited August 2019
    Hello, UnknownWorlds.

I've bought game for PS4, played for sometime and I like the idea and concept behind the Subnautica, but.. Those freezes when you get up from the water! And LOD, when objects just pop up in front of you. It is suppose to be an immersive game, but engine limitations just ruin it. Even thought I played on PS4 pro. I wish I've read about those technical problems before. Now I see how many people complain and for a long time, so I guess it's not going to be fixed.

And. Same problem happened with my save progress too. Just lost hours of gameplay. Although people reported this issue since the launch. This is unacceptable.

So, technically game is kinda broken. And maybe its ok for steam and early access, but not for console. I ask for refund. Again, I like the concept and wish you the best with developing, but it is just not working properly on the technical side.

Please reply here or in private message.
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    WHY WOULD YOU REFUND THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD :o
  • rtchalrtchal Join Date: 2019-08-02 Member: 254053Members
    WHY WOULD YOU REFUND THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD :o

Because there are major game breaking bugs, even for the 'full release' of the base game, and there is absolutely zero end user support.
  • Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Let the topic die, it was one player request because he didn't find how to contact support.
    Moderator, lock it ?
  • rtchalrtchal Join Date: 2019-08-02 Member: 254053Members
    Let the topic die, it was one player request because he didn't find how to contact support.
    Moderator, lock it ?

Maybe you can shed some light on "finding out how to contact support." I have sent PMs, emails, bug reports, and forum posts for over a year now for the same issue, with absolutely no response. I shouldn't have to unplug hardware just to start a game...
  • Stubb063Stubb063 Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239641Members
    I've had this game for Xbox all the way back to the pre-release. Is much as I've loved the concept of the game, I've also been very vocal about the amount and severity of bugs that still exists once the "official release" happened. It's pretty ridiculous and has been seemingly been abandoned on consoles, recently, which only enrages me even further since we were promised a complete game.

That said, I've recently built myself a monster of a gaming rig and decided to re-buy Subnautica and see how it was on PC, since I've read it's much better.

Well, it is. It's actually a much more polished game, without the technical issues, much better graphics. On one hand, that's great, because I've always wanted to experience this game as it was meant to be, and I now have this opportunity.

On the other hand, it's even more disappointing to see what this game is capable of being, and knowing that console owners will never experience that.