remove infantry portal animation

evilyevily Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183408Members
1) its boring
2) i rather watch my teammates until i spawn
3) the game is low pop so you dont really have anything to lose
4) or at least make it even and force aliens to watch their egg until they spawn

Comments

• NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    Lol you have some valid points. I'd be in favour of this.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I want to agree, but that time where you can look around can be critical when skulks are in your base and possibly trying to spawn camp. Being aware of the location of the skulks and being able to orient yourself before spawning can allow you to kill a skulk trying to spawn kill you.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Assuming you even spawn looking in the same direction as during the animation. That shit is broke half the time.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited July 2019
    I would have nothing against the IP spawn animation starting as usual but the player that is in queue can spec teammates until like 3 seconds before you actually spawn.