remove infantry portal animation

evilyevily Fully active user Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183408Members Posts: 8 Fully active user
1) its boring
2) i rather watch my teammates until i spawn
3) the game is low pop so you dont really have anything to lose
4) or at least make it even and force aliens to watch their egg until they spawn

Comments

• NintendowsNintendows Advanced user Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 379 Advanced user
    Lol you have some valid points. I'd be in favour of this.
  • NordicNordic Advanced user Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,742 Advanced user
    I want to agree, but that time where you can look around can be critical when skulks are in your base and possibly trying to spawn camp. Being aware of the location of the skulks and being able to orient yourself before spawning can allow you to kill a skulk trying to spawn kill you.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    VetinariKasharicBeigeAlert
  • AeglosAeglos Advanced user Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members Posts: 618 Advanced user
    Assuming you even spawn looking in the same direction as during the animation. That shit is broke half the time.
    VetinariNintendows
  • MephillesMephilles Advanced user Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 955 Advanced user
    edited July 16
    I would have nothing against the IP spawn animation starting as usual but the player that is in queue can spec teammates until like 3 seconds before you actually spawn.
    return to zero
    NordicVetinari