NS2_derelict_fixed

2»

Comments

• pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    The 2 power nodes in the middle are confusing, yes, but no good Marine team should ever build anything in Plaza anyway with Administration being right next to it and more securable.
    I tried 5 Techpoints, because the map plays rather stale with 4 and there isn't much reward for Aliens to get the middle. Doubleres in the middle would reward Marines even more.
    Funny thing, I think the majority of those few players who actually like the map prefer it as 4TP map, but that doesn't mean another Summit won't work either.
    The good thing about all my changes is that the map benefits from them either way. So in the end I could just remove the 5th TP in the middle and keep all the other improvements.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Xale wrote: »
    2/ Also not sure about 5 hive layout, even if summit/biodome are popular doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Maybe just a double node instead (And in that case don't care about 1/ !)

Nah, Psyk is certainly right here. We also tried two RTs in the middle during testing and it pretty much went as he described. Doubles are notoriously hard to balance.

• MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I have been weirded out to see some NSL gathers being played on derelict_fixed lately
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Yes, Pela added the map :) ..seen already like 4 games on twitch.
    I have been weirded out to see some of them saying the map is not bad.
    Might be hope after all.
    Changes to Administration to help Aliens against ARCs coming from Overlook:
    -Another window hole to bile or attack.
    -Lowered the vent on floor level to help (retreating) Gorges.
    -Put more crates into that ARC spot hallway to the right to remove some space for ARCs and to the left to give Gorges some cover to bile from range.
    -Smoothed out movement in those offices by rearranging/scaling the desks, etc. and using collision geo.
    j8mooc1dedw0.png