Subnautica Below Zero Ideas

13»

Comments

• SpyderSoupSpyderSoup Australia Join Date: 2018-04-29 Member: 240413Members
    Hey, someone did come up with an idea about a camera droid disguised as a Penling, it's a cool idea and it was based on these camera droids disguised as penguin chicks that scientists use to study the life of penguins. I wonder if you could add that in to Below Zero.
  • Turab27Turab27 Türkiye Join Date: 2019-03-09 Member: 251608Members
    Large and smart cabinets. A wall-mounted cabinet with a display on the front and the contents of a large cabinet.
    Au + 68
    Ag + 55
    On the screen in the form of the content and the number of numbers.
  • ElsonElson Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222555Members
    I think it would be really good, if we could build the large square rooms from the Game Start Base. Even with a glass roof like the greenhouse. That would be awesome.
  • Solan7Solan7 Poland Join Date: 2019-05-06 Member: 252756Members
    edited May 2019
    It's late, but I have few ideas of tools which can be use in BZ, or next DLC's, or parts of Subnautica :)

- Backglide - Something like Seaglide, but mounted on player's back, so it doesn't occupy hands and doesn't cover the screen...

- Plasma knife - more powerful version of knife with blue glow, causing more damage and able to cut through thin metal parts.

- Sonic bomb - you can throw it like a gravity trap and then you have 10-15 seconds to move away. Then it explodes and stuns every animal within some radius.

- Hand fabricator - you can use it like combination of habitat builder with a fabricator (it would be VERY useful).

- Infrared binoculars / night vision binoculars - you can use it to see more in the darkness and spot the distant animals.
  • KutulainenKutulainen Join Date: 2017-07-16 Member: 231858Members
    Aurora Lifepod 18 frozen in ice.
    This is one of the Aurora's lifepods that was never found during the original game. It's trapped in ice in some remote location on a glacier near the sea.
    Inside it there is a dead body from Aurora with a steel plate struck through it's skull. The Aurora crew member got killed during re-entry and never left the lifepod. A little easter egg to show what might have happened to you, if the steel plate would have killed you. :)

Maybe the lifepod entered the athmosphere in a different angle and ended up on the other side of the island, or just floated on the seas for months until it got pushed to arctic area and got frozen in a glacier?

Would be awesome to scout the clacier and just see "Holy shit, that's one of Aurora's lifepods!"
  • ggreelyggreely Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252857Members
    1. Swimming through the air fish should just give you air without having to click and give you a speed boost for a quick second. :)

2. It would be amazing to be able to hatch, train, and play with more creatures and to give them special abilities as partners that you can take with you on adventures.
    For example:

- Pengwings collect fish for you

- Cuddle fish makes all predators friendly (endgame reward)

- Noot fish collects items around you and brings them to your
    storage

- Snowwolf beast puppy poops food, but it's gross and hilarious and they look at you awkwardly like dogs do when they
    do it

- Bone shark you can literally ride

- Crashfish literally just takes off away from you the second you let
    it off leash and it kills itself in a pointless and jarring explosion

- Baby air fish gives you 30-60 seconds of air underwater when
    activated

- Trivalve can fetch items from your storages at your base

Those are just some ideas for individual abilities, but the training and raising could be easy tamagochi style.

5. I think the scanner takes away from the exploration part of the game, so instead I though it could be an upgradeable map and gps room that uploads map data on your PDA. the more scanners and range you have, the more map of the area you have. and as the scanner upgrades so can the map. Examples include: 2-d, 3-d options, marker placement, and then still have item search but not as direct, more like pokemon, it tells you the area, or habitat. I know that would be a big overhaul of the scanner but wow would that be cool to and so helpful in game to help visualize the world you are exploring.
  • PhrogexPhrogex Texas Join Date: 2019-06-07 Member: 253255Members
    Ocean currents and sea storms.

I’m waiting for the official release to purchase the game. I’ve only watched bits and pieces of the play-through, so I apologize if these suggestions are already in the game. I also apologize if someone already mentioned these ideas, as I did not read through everyone’s comments.

You know what element would make a survival exploration game even scarier and the player feel more vulnerable in an arctic zone? Occasional arctic storms! Typhoon style, high winds, crashing waves, and such. You could even have meteorological equipment that could allow the player to predict when a storm is coming and prepare properly. Or, you could have thunderstorms as a permanent feature of the planet in a particular biome, kinda like Jupiter’s red eye. I did notice that the game begins with an avalanche caused by an electrical storm, but I’m not sure if it’ll be a common problem or just that one occurrence. I don’t think weather was explored enough as a gameplay element in the first Subnautica.

I also think ocean currents could make for interesting gameplay, especially if you accidentally get sucked into a riptide that takes them into zones with scary leviathans. It could make for fun speedier travel once the player masters the system of currents.
  • RunicmajierRunicmajier Wisconsin Join Date: 2019-06-11 Member: 253316Members
    I think as a new Feature you should make the old bases that are abandoned able to be repaired and upgrade-able. Maybe make it only able at twice the cost to repair. I see two bases I would like to use if I could fix them up.

Also think the Storage Module needs to be upgraded to match the appropriate locker size, Suggested:

The two big lockers should have the same space as the large storage lockers the habitat tool can make. it makes sense with the size of them.

Each over head space should have the space of a floating storage box the fabricator can make.

And the Bench storage should be a standard wall locker the habitat tool can make.
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    PUT THE CYCLOPS BACK IN THE GAME, Or at least the Atlas Sub!
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    YeahJustHi wrote: »
    I think a good addition to Subnautica Below Zero would be a new biome that upon entry will confuse the player (a much weaker version of the mesmer effect from the original game) and maybe confusing terrain.

LOL THIS IS ACTUALLY IN THE GAME NOW
  • Ebbot_NielsenEbbot_Nielsen Join Date: 2019-06-20 Member: 253436Members
    pt7u68ha6cvz.jpg
    Description:
    I have made this concept for Subnautica below zero.
    It is a submarine called Sea grappler. It has a grappler at the front so it can grapple on to the edge to a hole and hoist down into the depths. It also has four turbines in the back and a glass hatch to get inside and see when you drive. And it is smaller than the sea truck so it can get inside tighter places. It has storage on the sides. It has the place where you put your upgrades behind the drivers hatch and the Powercells is in the front of the drivers hatch. I also think it should have a permiter defense upgrade and a reversing camera. The sides also have lights.

I hope you like it Unknown Worlds Entertainment

From Ebbot Nielsen
  • Ozymandias717Ozymandias717 New Zealand Join Date: 2019-07-02 Member: 253571Members
    Please please, a thousand time please - Can you include the Cyclops as a vehicle?
    This is my number one suggestion for this game. I loved Subnautica and I loved the Cyclops!
  • PhrogexPhrogex Texas Join Date: 2019-06-07 Member: 253255Members
    Fauna suggestions: It's been a cliché since Alien, would love (/hate) to see a "face hugger" creature–a starfish/octopus-like monster that wraps its nasty tentacles around your face and occludes your vision. You have to punch it off you like you did with the bleeders in the first Subnautica. If you don't, it cracks your breathing apparatus mask open and you have to swim for oxygen and craft a new mask. Second suggestion: a flying creature like the Skyrays that can dive underwater for long periods of time. Cormorants or other diving birds can swim underwater for sustained periods. Last: more tiny scannable fauna like rock grubs.
  • v497_vesperv497_vesper Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221558Members
    edited July 2019
    My suggestions:
    1, Have the wall partitions go all the way to the wall instead of having a gap the player can walk through,
    2, Glass corridoors like in the previous Subnautica game
    3, Please bring back the Cyclops, It marks a milestone in resource gathering (apart from the Neptune escape rocket)
    4, please fully re-implement the Seamoth so it can dock into the moonpool
  • alexisokayalexisokay Join Date: 2019-07-10 Member: 253674Members
    i have an idea for a Leviathan called the Hoffenhammer German for hell hammer, it acts like a reaper Leviathan in ways except it attacks the cyclops and the sea truck. has these two flaps with a lot of teeth in them which in a sea truck will rip the back part of the sea truck immobilizing you then forces you into open water where it will then eat you, ram you, or completely ignore you try's to eat the remains of the sea truck and then chocks on a piece of sea truck spits it out and goes away but the chances of that would be 1 to 50, ram will be 34 to 50, and eat would be 35 to 50. and lastly, the Hoffenhammer has a hammer like head that has spiky bones on its hammer head thing for which when it rams you it stabs you.
  • RossumRossum Join Date: 2019-07-12 Member: 253707Members
    Some ideas:

1. Have an option where bases built underwater are initially constructed full of water and only start emptying out once you hook it up with a power supply. It just feels kind of silly that fabricating a room underwater would instantly remove all the water occupying that space. Also, seeing the base pumping out water after they are flooded is neat.

Granted, this could result in weird interactions for example building a new section to an existing base, but it could either be that flooding doesn't result when the base is already powered. Anyway, not a huge priority.

2. Restore damaged bases. Seeing the Degasi bases was neat, and I think it would be cool to find a damaged or abandoned base in the world and restore it to working order. Maybe it's an abandoned base some of the other workers set up and moved out when a storm hit.

Going in, fixing up leaks, restoring power, and getting it unflooded could be kind of like fixing the Aurora's reactor in the first game but you get to live in the fixed base.

3. Scanning Beacons. In the first game, I like the scanner room mainly as a way to quickly locate resources and the cameras can make for improvised beacons.

Now, imagine if beacons pulled double duty as ways to scan for resources? So, you can have your HUD set to look for certain resources but you need scanner systems within a certain radius to check for them. So you place a beacon in an area where it can help check for certain resources. You can also carry some kind of handheld device to change what resources the beacons are scanning for.

4. Mini airtanks. Not sure if this would get game breaking, but how about you can fabricate little bottles of O2 you can use to refill your main tank in an emergency? Maybe it needs a special gel or material as an ingredient. Whatever the case, you can store a bunch of mini air bottles in your inventory and use them to quickly replenish air if you run low.

5. Mobile Air Dispenser. Okay, imagine something similar to the mobile vehicle bay in that you can fold it up and carry it around to deploy elsewhere, except this thing sinks down to the bottom and it's main function is to provide a little rest spot to replenish your air.

Maybe find one of these underwater instead of having lots of oxygen plants everywhere? One spot that refills your O2 the same as if you had a tiny base room or a vehicle there.

6. Edible sea plants or plants that require the fabricator to cook. Maybe some kelp that the fabricator can cook up into edible seaweed or some alien mushrooms that have to be boiled or steamed to be made safe.
  • WolfGamer1023WolfGamer1023 Join Date: 2019-07-16 Member: 253757Members
    I think you should add a labyrinth and if the players get through it they get like a precursor base or get to see a shadow leviathan in containment or get some sick loot. The lore behind it would be: The precursors needed to see if there young were fit enough to survive on this planet to further back the research of a way to defeat the karahh without any strangerlers so they built a giant maze to test them. Or it could be a door to the depth were only the precursors could go because they knew the way through also to stop any other living organisms to spread deeper and find out what's down there and it to be quarantined to stop the karahh spreading but it's just an idea. It could add a feel of immersion to the game though like someone needs to find out to press them down in a sense of curiosity. The game is great though keep on doing what your doing Subnautica below zero is brilliant so far.
  • SwiftbashSwiftbash Join Date: 2019-07-16 Member: 253748Members
    Buildable base keypads - They can be used to lock Bulkheads. Once placed, you will be told to link to a door. Works with Bulkheads and Large Room Partition Doors. The first code you enter will be the password. When locked, the game will say it's locked. Once the correct code is entered, it will unlock for 5 seconds.