Reapers Will WHAT?!

MaxAstroMaxAstro Join Date: 2005-07-07 Member: 55451Members
So I don't usually watch Markiplier's Subnautica series, but I happened to catch it today.

After picking my jaw off the floor, I resolved to never enter reaper territory without a handful of peepers in my hotbar. Why did no one tell me you could do that? XD

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited January 2018
    Would you please link the particular Markiplier video?

As far as I know, Peeper and Reaper in the same sentence makes about as much sense as South Texas and Snow. So, it's quite possible Markiplier put something in his video just for fun.

Edit: Found the video. Entertaining and amusing and totally fake. LOL.
  • MaxAstroMaxAstro Join Date: 2005-07-07 Member: 55451Members
    Is it really? I haven't tested it myself yet. Are you sure it's fake? I know reapers will eat wild peepers.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Probably a mod or something, or just staged. You can tame Stalkers with Peepers, however.
    edited January 2018
    I am freakishly scared of reapers, but now I'm going to have to try this myself just to find out for sure. XD

Has anyone here personally tried letting a reaper attack you while you are holding a peeper? Did you get munched?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    It wouldn't make sense for a reaper to snatch a peeper from you. The player is hardly a snack for a monster that big, let alone a peeper!
  • Jstage717Jstage717 Australia Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236152Members
    He didn't stage it. I tried it today and it works. Don't know if it does anything though they seemed to leave me alone for a bit, but they will take a peeper from you.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited January 2018
    No that's a thing you've been able to do with every hostile animal for a long while now. Just hold a fish in your hand and you'll be safe from pretty much any biting attack.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    No that's a thing you've been able to do with every hostile animal for a long while now. Just hold a fish in your hand and you'll be safe from pretty much any biting attack.

If that's the case then the devs should fix it asap
    Haha wow, it does work. Hero peepers willing to give their lives for mine, confirmed. XD
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    adel_50 wrote: »

It might be intentional. If I've understood correctly it only works with peepers which are kind of a big deal in the game and for the game (marketing)
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Ojakokko wrote: »
    adel_50 wrote: »

It might be intentional. If I've understood correctly it only works with peepers which are kind of a big deal in the game and for the game (marketing)

They said in the past when they added the ghost leviathans to lost river (no route should be safe to take) and feeding leviathans peepers and they leave you alone is not good at all I think this should be left for stalkers only
  • Reaper_Peeper101Reaper_Peeper101 wont tell Join Date: 2019-04-13 Member: 252304Members
    Reapers are the coolest things ever!
  • Reaper_Peeper101Reaper_Peeper101 wont tell Join Date: 2019-04-13 Member: 252304Members
    Hey everybody, my name's Reaper_Peeper101 and I have been playing Subnautica for a long time and I know how to get you started in the game! I also know the where-bouts of the Reaper Leviathans so you don't lose your Seamoth! I can also help you locate much needed fragments, reach out to me if you have any questions!
  • AltaziAltazi Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248807Members
    Stasis rifle + heated knife + perseverance = no more reaper