Smurf?

.trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
Could someone please tell whether this account is a smurf or not based on his skill graph?

After ~1 month of steady top-kill gamplay on a server, he's still tier two.
Could this be some glitch in the hiveskill system?

Comments

• AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Uh, what? His K/D is 0.5 as alien and 1.0 as marine. How is that "steady top kill"?
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    he has 13% average accuracy if you take out onos hits..
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    If this is smurfing, I've been smurfing my whole life
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    What server does he consistently get top kills? He should be out of the rookie servers
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    If this is the same "smurf" I've seen around this past month (who claims to be a returning competitive player) then his stats are considerably better than that hiveskill data indicates.

His k/d as marine is easily equal to that of a high skill player (ending games with kdr's like 43/4) with non-onos accuracy much much higher than 13% (more like 25%-30%)

For what it's worth hive seems particularly screwed up lately (games not being recorded, players showing as -1 with no hiveskill badge)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    If this is the same "smurf" I've seen around this past month (who claims to be a returning competitive player) then his stats are considerably better than that hiveskill data indicates.

His k/d as marine is easily equal to that of a high skill player (ending games with kdr's like 43/4) with non-onos accuracy much much higher than 13% (more like 25%-30%)

For what it's worth hive seems particularly screwed up lately (games not being recorded, players showing as -1 with no hiveskill badge)

While hive is broken right now, that isn't what is going on right now. You clearly didn't look at the linked observatory profile to see if it was the person you are thinking of. If you did, you would see this guy has a low kdr. I don't think you even read any of the comments. Why did you even comment?
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited March 2019
    Look nordic I know you hate me but come on.

Obviously the point of my comment was that the stats in an observatory profile are not always accurate.

The smurf I've seen has an observatory profile that looks extremely similar to that one, yet his real in game stats are considerably better.

Hence the necessity of commenting.

• .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited March 2019
    Im quite confused myself, that's why im asking here.

What I see when playing with her/him is that on marine side, that player is always in the the top 3 players with very good situational awareness and aiming with both shottie and pistol.

He's performance equals that of tier 4 players, and he hasn't budged from tier 2 for a month.
    Also, there's a steep drop in the skill graph, which is the point im really interested in.

In theory, is it possible to deliberately degrade your hiveskill that much using some trick (eg. idle in a rookie match and lose)?

On the other hand, if the hiveskill system had gone bollocks, that could explain the drop and stagnation of his level aswell.

EDIT:
    Regarding his KD and accuracy, if you want to foul your own stats, that's not that hard to do so.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    If we're provided with only an obs profile, then that's all we have to go on. If the OP provided multiple screenshot of post game stats as well, then we might see a problem. As it stands, his obs profile is thoroughly unimpressive.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Yeah, that part is anecdotal on my part, I'll try to get back with screenshots ;]
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Well there are servers not recorded by hive. Theoretically you can keep a smurf account up if you perform bad on purpose on hive recorded sites to stomp on the servers that are not hive recorded.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited March 2019
    there is plenty of smurfs ;>
  • pete_pete_ Join Date: 2019-03-26 Member: 251975Members
    edited March 2019
    At least once or twice a day I get called a smurf. Probably because I'm small and blue. But it is frustrating because at least once a day someone tries to kick me because I'm a recruit shooting 30%. No matter what I do, my hive skill literally only goes down lol. Maybe one day I'll get back to my glory of rank 3

e: for reference I guess this is my obs profile: https://observatory.morrolan.ch/player/97984

Streamed last night for a few hours and went 12/5 in w/l, still lost hive skill
  • skav2skav2 Join Date: 2007-05-28 Member: 61037Members, Reinforced - Gold
    With a bit of game sense 25% accuracy on marines will get you to rank 6. Need to work on your alien accuracy though. No idea how you are staying low.

As for gaining some hive score its mostly gained from just winning but winning against higher hive skill teams. If you lose in rounds against a team with much lower hive skill you lose a lot more than losing against a team with higher hs.