TABLE CORAL DISAPPEARRING

RitaMarinerRitaMariner Missouri Join Date: 2018-12-21 Member: 246577Members
Seems that we have magic Table Coral in the game. No matter how much Table Coral I gather and store in one of my lockers. The next time I go to that locker to get some. It's empty. The Table Coral has vanished, pulled a disappearing act on me. How did it manage to pull that one off. The Bunny wonders. *hmmmmmm

Comments

• WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
    Hmmm that sounds like a really bad bug. I have had an issue with table coral in that when I chop it off, it falls down and disappears under the ground! This same thing has happened me loads of times with flares as well. Seems the game has a real hard time deciding whats solid and whats not.
  • KhissiKhissi The Great Northwest, but not Seattle, never Seattle Join Date: 2019-03-11 Member: 251660Members
    This is happening to me, as well. I had hoped it would be resolved with the new update, but, no. I wouldn't mind if it were intended, for example, the bits rot after awhile, but, if that's the case, it would need some sort of identifier letting you know when it will expire, sorta like cooked fish.

I also ran into a situation where, once I'd cut the table coral, I wasn't able to interact with it to pick it up. Logging out and back in fixed that. However, all the Table Coral I had stored in a locker had disappeared. I managed to get enough at one time to make the 5 computer chips needed, but it was a tad annoying.
  • JaeJae Join Date: 2019-03-11 Member: 251678Members
    I am also running into the same issue with the table coral. Both disappearing from wall locker inventory and being unable to interact with the pieces as they fall after being cut,
  • vargatavargata United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-02-18 Member: 237835Members
    same here sadly, really annoying...
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry this is happening, happy to look into it for you all. Can you let me know:
    • Which platform are you running Subnautica on where this is happening?
    • When I tried to recreate this on PC and PS4 I started a new game, made a knife, cut the coral, picked up the pieces, made a base, created a wall storage and a floor standing storage unit and put table coral and a few other resources in them, save the game, quit, and reloaded, checked for table coral. Is there a step I'm missing in here or somewhere I'm going wrong from what you're doing?
    • Are the storage containers in a Cyclops or a base?
    • If in a base, which type of building is the container in(e.g. multipurpose room, scanner room, moonpool)
    • Does this seem to happen 100% of the time or just sometimes?

Thanks, I wasn't having luck reproducing it but it sounds like it is pretty common.
  • Mad_NinjaMad_Ninja United States Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237822Members
    edited March 2019
    madsauce,
    I personally haven't had any coral disappear on me but I have had trouble picking it up. I harvested one in twisty bridges just fine but when I harvested any after that, with coral already in my inventory, I could cut it off but then I could not interact with as it was falling. at one point it disappeared into the ground but as i went up it was stuck to me. curious alien specimens!
    I also only had five pieces in my storage so maybe that's why it didn't disappear.
  • EmTriEmTri Netherlands Join Date: 2018-03-04 Member: 238567Members
    edited March 2019
    I did some testing and it seems that coral gathered in the wild does seem to disappear from the storage (and inventory as well) after reloading a save but when i add a coral sample with 'item jeweleddiskpiece 1' then it does not disappear.

Which platform are you running Subnautica on where this is happening?
    PC, Steam non-experimental
    Are the storage containers in a Cyclops or a base?
    In my base, in wall lockers and player inventory
    If in a base, which type of building is the container in(e.g. multipurpose room, scanner room, moonpool)
    multipurpose room
    Does this seem to happen 100% of the time or just sometimes?
    100%

@madsauce since you speak of Cyclops... this is happening in Below Zero, not in the original Subnautica.
    Maybe the forum would benefit from a seperate BZ sub forum?
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    @EmTri thanks for the info. We're still talking about how to best handle BZ/Subnautica confusion, Sub forum idea has been floated.
  • randomjgjrandomjgj Join Date: 2007-09-18 Member: 62357Members
    I've had table coral disappear too in Sub Zero after logging back in. I've also had it stick to me.
  • ZynnHavikZynnHavik Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237587Members
    Yeah I've noticed this too. In Below Zero I can put Table coral in a wall locker, and literally watch it fall out of the bottom onto the floor of my multipurpose room un-interactable

I have also had other problems with table coral. Such as being unable to interact with it (I.E. swing knife but nothing happens), or being able to hit it but unable to loot the pieces.

now that I know I just immediately use any table coral I get, so not such a big deal. Still an odd bug that has frustrated me a couple times.