[Below Zero] Seatruck Feedback & Suggestions

Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
I'm really interested in the possibilities opened by this new vehicle.
It's a little too early to give proper feedback, so it's mostly a set of first impression and wish.

Feedback
- I hope it's temporary but it's not really a good first vehicle, It's costly and I kept trying to dock it with the Shelter
- I hope it will stay useful even very deep as it can be an amazing support vehicle
- I really hope you rework a Noise&Fauna gameplay
- also STOP SHOWING THE SEAT ANIMATION, it slow the space down and it's annoying when the more logical way to use it is to get your legs into position first and not watch it. (no problem with the ladder, that one feel logical)

Suggestion
  • HUD indicator to level the subs, so we don't have to walk on slope
  • Cargo Module
    - Accessing cargo from outside
    - Accessing cargo from outside while piloting the prawn
    If you do that this will be the best vehicle to go mining
  • Fabricator module
    - Add a storage space for those time when you need to put down something temporarily
  • Aquarium module
    - I would prefer it only activate when I ask it to
    - a way to gather plant seed maybe?
  • Upgrade
    - I think 4 slots won't be enough if you need armor and protection along horsepower, hull-upgrade, Sonar and energy efficiency
  • Add a Scanner module
    - Even if it don't have camera or hologram, this would make it worth more than a cure for Kharaa
  • Add a Energy-storage module
    - The idea is to recharge it at one base and use it to power another base
    - Also it would power all those other equipments modules

Cross-compatibility
  • Prawn
    - Ability to transfer prawn-cargo into the Seatruck-cargo without leaving the prawn
  • Seabase
    - DOCKING, including module, nuff said
    - Energy-storage module that's counted as a generator by the base
  • Cyclops
    - An upgrade or console that allow to remote a Seatruck to follow you, I hope it's possible as Cyclop is less maneuverable
    - Seriously, we would finally get to carry both a Seamoth and a Prawn
  • Seamoth
    - being able to dock it too I guess
    - I want Speed and Afterburner upgrade for every other vehicles.
  • Seatruck
    Just being able to dock/tractor one will be enough
    It's silly but I kind of liked the idea of a double headed vehicle

Comments

• ryansearcyakryansearcyak Alaska Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238451Members
    I feel like the Fabricator and Storage modules need to be revamped. They should be combined and renamed the Resource module, and have a built in Fabricator and Modification Station on one wall, with two large lockers worth of storage on the other wall. Just make it slightly more expensive. Having a whole compartment just for a fabricator as well as another compartment to have the equivalent of 2 wall lockers seems very inefficient and rather wasteful.

I have no issue with the other modules, though some improvements can be made. For the PRAWN module, it would be nice to have a console to access the PRAWN's upgrades and storage, just like you could in the Cyclops.
  • Aquanaut735Aquanaut735 Join Date: 2019-03-17 Member: 251797Members
    1 - It would be terrifying if a large creature eat you hole and you were still alive within it. You could cut yourself out if you have a knife.
    2 - Water dumping rooms: You enter from the outside, the door shuts behind you, the room drains out the water and adds air, then the actual entrance (to the base) opens up. That might be called decompression rooms, in real life, but I'm not sure.
    3 - The ice worm could maybe snake it's way onto ground. At that point, if you don't have a get-away bike, you pretty much die.
    4 - Blizzards could hinder a players visibility.
    5 - There could be giant "creature battles" that the player could randomly witness and be absolutely terrified by it. How "graphic" it would be would obviously up to you developers out there.
    6 - Rock punchers could maybe swim away (like the mantis shrimp in real life), when a player gets too close (that you attack you?). Right now they seem too docile.
  • RunningBareRunningBare Join Date: 2019-02-09 Member: 250690Members
    I feel like the Fabricator and Storage modules need to be revamped. They should be combined and renamed the Resource module, and have a built in Fabricator and Modification Station on one wall, with two large lockers worth of storage on the other wall. Just make it slightly more expensive. Having a whole compartment just for a fabricator as well as another compartment to have the equivalent of 2 wall lockers seems very inefficient and rather wasteful.

I have no issue with the other modules, though some improvements can be made. For the PRAWN module, it would be nice to have a console to access the PRAWN's upgrades and storage, just like you could in the Cyclops.

I get the impression the fabricator module is not finished, on the opposite wall to the fabricator appears to be a place for storage, it's just not usable at this point, I hope it's better storage than the current storage modules, I built a second storage module because they're misers on slots, of course this slows the seatruck down more, with fabricator, aquarium and two storage modules attached, it's like moving through molasses, I spend most time just taking the cab and maybe one storage module when exploring.
  • KyleRen18KyleRen18 Join Date: 2019-03-29 Member: 252030Members
    edited March 2019
    I feel the need to clarify a few things. First off, the Cyclops will NOT be in Below Zero. I am happy with that if the modules and upgrades for the Seatruck are balanced. I know we all got a bit spoiled from our outrageously decked-out and OP Cyclops, but Bases are making a comeback. No more mobile home.

Second, the Fabricator looks finished, and either way I believe that it doesn't need any storage. People are underestimating the sheer value of a mobile Fabricator; it is already capable of saving you space in many ways. Less water and food needed (grab fish as you go), craft components so you are carrying actual parts instead of raw materials, etc. It's the Storage module that needs a bit more space. Somewhere around 25-33%, so I don't feel such a temptation to have an extra one.

What troubles me most of all is the 4 upgrade slots, it makes large vehicles very restricted. Which is the point, and why we are supposed to be selective, I get it. But why would I add things like the Sleeper or Aquarium module at all if they make me want to use more upgrade slots for speed boosts? It doesn't outweigh simply choosing a Storage module with extra supplies and waiting the night out :/ There is no need to be so restrictive on the potential of the vehicle, as there is already a hefty resource cost to make the modules AND upgrades themselves. 5 or 6 slots would be fair, and make me more likely to use different modules.