Subnautica Xbox Update 1.0.0.33 Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited March 2019 in Subnautica on Consoles

imageSubnautica Xbox Update 1.0.0.33 Released - Subnautica

Xbox adventurers, we have a tiny little update for you today. 1.0.0.33 adds support for Japanese & Korean fonts, which means Japanese & Korean kanji will now display properly in...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open ye olde comment thread ?
  • crandyman656crandyman656 Ohio Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238052Members
    Have you guys made any progress on a fix for the saving bug?
  • NicksalotNicksalot rhode island, usa Join Date: 2019-02-09 Member: 250677Members
    increase the render distance on the xbox one x please, its dreadfully low.
  • Cyborgarmy324Cyborgarmy324 Canada Join Date: 2019-02-22 Member: 251228Members
    edited March 2019
    The cheat menu would be fun to be back
  • TheEnderMasterTheEnderMaster United States Join Date: 2018-03-08 Member: 238708Members
    Having it load a saved game faster would be awesome. I have enough time, while “loading level”, to take a nap AND make a sandwich. I don’t like planning my day out that far.
  • TheEnderMasterTheEnderMaster United States Join Date: 2018-03-08 Member: 238708Members
    And why was it a 4gb download for the update? Seems crazy for a “tiny” font addition.
  • xxxxnoodlexxxxxxxxnoodlexxxx Join Date: 2018-11-16 Member: 244743Members
    4gb for this and still no improvements to draw distance or bringing console commands back? I don't get it...
  • Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members
    Nicksalot wrote: »
    increase the render distance on the xbox one x please, its dreadfully low.

They still haven't fixed that shit?
  • subtlestansubtlestan Alaska Join Date: 2019-02-27 Member: 251376Members
    Rendering and save bug please! And frame rate drops to freezing a ton especially in aurora.
  • andynihandynih sydney Join Date: 2019-03-03 Member: 251479Members
    i wish you would realease a real fkn update to your game, i bought it when it first came out on xbox and i’ve been let down and i regret buying ur shitty game. and now you make something that should of been a dlc a whole new game ?? uhh it’s a no from me and i will bad mouth this game every chance i get
    edited March 2019
    So busy on a new game they have no drive to fix the broken one. Absolutely ridiculous.

How can the GAME PREVIEW version be more playable than the FULL RELEASE version? How is that A ) acceptable and B ) possible in the first place?

I wish I could uninstall this broken mess and install the last game preview version. At least it was playable.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    .33 X1X Freedom save reload. Reload of save gave in 67 secs.
  • BallisticGunnerBallisticGunner Washington Join Date: 2019-03-05 Member: 251517Members
    Can you increase the resource spawning? I can not find anything and it is very frustrating, I am stuck because I can not find the resources I need.
    X1X SN on EXT HDD FREEDOM Save load time. My early game loads in 67 seconds. The 'Saving game...' Indicates that the HDD activity is 100%. Press 'Menu' once again and WAIT for 'Saving game...' To go out. Resouces and terrian will render faster. You are under water in an ocean, sight distance is limited. SLOW DOWN, look around and enjoy the the game.
  • amazonskeamazonske Join Date: 2019-03-06 Member: 251541Members
    Hello, i want change a language (i preffered Czech) in Subnautica on XboxOne.
    Will be able to choose the language in the future updates?
    I really want it. Thanks
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Sorry all for the late reply, been battling the office plague this week and didn't get to it over the weekend. I'm going to try and respond below to where we're at with tracking/dealing with the concerns issue. Thank you all for the feedback, it is really helpful and along with the in-game feedback it helps us prioritize which things to address next.
    • @crandyman656 - Not on Xbox, but we've narrowed it down from PS4 specific save we fixed in the last
    • @Nicksalot I believe we have specific turnings already dialed in for Xbox One X but we may have made the conservatively so I'll add that to our list to review.
    • @Cyborgarmy324 I'm looking into adding this back in for our next patch(still want to make sure it is clear that using the menu can adversely affect gameplay/trophy progression) but I think it will be a net positive for most people who choose to use it to work around some of these bugs so players can continue progressing/not have to restart their games.
    • @TheEnderMaster I hear you, this is one of those things that I don't see being improved anytime soon but if we improve it for Below Zero I would definitely look at bringing any improvements we make back to Subnautica.
    • @TheEnderMaster for the patch size, the way the patches are generated relies heavily on the structure of the game, and without getting into too much detail unfortunately some parts of the game are structured so as to always come along with the patch(hence the larger than expected patch size). Sorry about this, I know not everyone has a fast network connection. I'm doubtful we'll make any improvement here unless it came with an update to Unity(which is also not on the roadmap).
    • @subtlestan I've got the world streaming on our list, when you say rendering I'm attributing this to the world terrain loading in as you move through biomes.
    • @subtlestan Frame rate hitching in Aurora to the point where it appears to freeze the game should not be happening, I'm suspecting that I need to look into scenarios that may be contributing to a degradation of performance over time. I'll follow up with a DM to get more details from you on your setup/save game.
    • @BallisticGunner Which resource specifically are you missing that you need more of?
    • @amazonske I think I replied in another thread to you, but I've got adding the language picker into the console version of the game on my list. I'll reach out to you in DM once that is in the game.
    patch.
  • subtlestansubtlestan Alaska Join Date: 2019-02-27 Member: 251376Members
    Thanks for the response! Yes both are happening, biomes take forever to load and render, and the aurora (and lost river) are extremely laggy. I have to basically stop moving to get the game to catch up. It also lags really bad getting into vehicles by the way. It basically freezes like every other time for about 3 full seconds. I am playing on an xbox1.
    Resources? Stop, slow down, look left and right, make sure 'saving game...' Is out. The resources are everywhere.
  • zuganugzuganug Join Date: 2019-03-08 Member: 251591Members
    Hi Devs. Recently purchased and started playing on XBox One. Given that RDR2 supports seeing vistas the stretch miles, clearly the console is capable of rending far better than it does with Subnautica. I know game engine and dev resources aren't the same, but travelling at Seamoth speed going down shouldn't mean you crash because the game can't render directly in front. Save game time is too long - but worse, you have no load, so if I need to restart from save, I have to quit out - and getting back in and loading the save takes even LONGER. Also - I dislike the lack of an ingame map alot - but I HATE that you don't start off with a compass and can't pull up coordinates. I want to have fun, not learn how to sea navigate by triangulation. Please add coordinates back in ASAP.
    Console commands, draw distance, framerate. Those should probably be priorities.

I couldn't care less about save and load times as that's just nitpicking, but I want the game to be as smooth and enjoyable as the Game Preview version!
  • BallisticGunnerBallisticGunner Washington Join Date: 2019-03-05 Member: 251517Members
    Dont worry, I just stopped playing.
    @madsauce I stopped playing because I can not find any resources to continue the game, and I am not going to restart to re spawn things. Need to make the resources more accessible.
  • amazonskeamazonske Join Date: 2019-03-06 Member: 251541Members
    edited March 2019
    @madsauce Thank you so much for reply! If you give back "language picker" to the game menu, gone be a great news for me and all Czech players they want play in Czech language on XboxOne.
  • tjviper12tjviper12 Grand Forks North Dakota Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 249986Members
    Can you fix the hours long saving process I'm sick and tired of this game taking forever to Loading saving driving the seamonth Takes forever for the map to load I'm sorry to say but the updates that you guys are doing or not doing anything
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    I found more bugs bubbles show up inside the base structures and when I leave the game and get back on it cuts out the animations for the bulkheads and the ladders to the moon pool as well as the hatches also the alien eggs when they hatch they egg doesn't break it remains there also again my seamoth glitched through the floating island also could you fix the AI of the creatures? The birds land in the air still instead of on the life pod also I found a random fire shooting upwards on the surface of the ocean and fragments sometimes spawn within the walls and in the jellyshroom biom the snakes instead of hiding in the jellyshroom they are in hiding position but is glitched outside of the jellyshroom the rendering is still wonky not as bad as before but at times parts of the area have a delay at loading in as well as the resources also the stalkers don't return to there biom if you leave the kelp forest they stay in the safe shallows also sometimes a reef back would appear in the kelp Forrest as well and the school of fish which arn't able to grab swarm through the structures also when I dock my prawn suit in the moon pool the lights won't turn off and the light shines straight through the base I think the light projection needs fixed cuz it goes through physical objects also when docking the seamoth in the cyclops the hatch to the seamoth sticks out through the hatch of the cyclops docking bay but this only happens when I load the game back up also the color shading of the vehicles turn dark when I load back in again. These are the bugs I've found so far I hope what I've spotted out helps you in improving the game I'll be on the lookout for more bugs and let you know on the things that need fixed to make the game better
  • CaptainPoQcCaptainPoQc Québec Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246548Members
    Anything about the cheat console for xbox one?
  • GrimswoldGrimswold Join Date: 2019-03-21 Member: 251879Members
    When is the next update coming?
  • lastarsonistlastarsonist Join Date: 2019-03-30 Member: 252034Members
    Anyone else having problems with big sections of the map loading really slow? Devs can you please fix this. Everything worked great until I got the seamoth. Now when I drive around the ground and textures just will not show up and I need to wait for it to load. Then drive a little further and wait while it loads. You need to drive near the surface as well. If you drive too deep when it's still loading you could be driving under the ground and when it finally loads you will be stuck. Other than this the game is working great. Knock on wood.
  • tjviper12tjviper12 Grand Forks North Dakota Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 249986Members
    You people need to stop working on any other games and fix the games you have I'm sick and tired of the problem of saving I'm sick of the map not loading I don't spend my hard earned money on something that doesn't work
    @madsauce I stopped playing because I can not find any resources to continue the game, and I am not going to restart to re spawn things. Need to make the resources more accessible.

The best way to find more resources to use the scanning Room