Does Fauna heal?

BQuimbyBQuimby Join Date: 2019-02-26 Member: 251353Members
Pretty straightforward question really: does anyone know if fauna heals over time, to restore damage points it's taken as a result of my injuring it in some way? In other words, if i attack an animal with the Thermoblade, but don't kill it, and leave it alone, then come back at some later time and attack it again, will it have returned to the full health it had before my initial attack?

Comments

• AltaziAltazi Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248807Members
    The leviathans I have killed seem to stay dead . . . not exactly a scientific study, though.
  • BQuimbyBQuimby Join Date: 2019-02-26 Member: 251353Members
    Altazi wrote: »
    The leviathans I have killed seem to stay dead . . . not exactly a scientific study, though.

Thanks for the reply...it's not so much respawning I'm interested in, but regeneration of hit-points in a creature over time. For example: if I manage to attack a Ghost Leviathan for a good number of hits with my PRAWN claws, and then escape before it kills me, if return to the same creature on the next in-game day, will it have recovered any (or all) of the damage it took...?

I realise this is a tricky one to answer, since I assume it'd have to go on anecdotal evidence... :)
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    I'm not sure mobs are persistent in the first place. I've seen Reapers pop into existence back in the early access dates.
  • AzuredAzured Join Date: 2019-03-13 Member: 251713Members
  • EsclaEscla Join Date: 2020-03-24 Member: 259080Members
    I also want to know the answer to this question. I do know that if you put a bunch of floaters on a sand shark they'll still be there days later IRL. On the sand shark. That's having trouble swimming. Because of the floaters :smiley:.
  • almoushilariousalmoushilarious Join Date: 2020-06-08 Member: 261714Members
    so this guy so far as i can tell hasn't spoiled much and gave fair warnings for the most part when he did have spoilers as hes pretty good about that as far as i can tell... but heres someones test results on respawns for all of you that havn't seen it. the levithians are actualy very easy to avoid manuver around and so on... so long as you strafe alot... i cant post a link i'm to new to this chat but i just got the game not to long ago. check out a guy name ladnis on youtube.... and then search "ladnis, Respawns - Subnautica Guide" hes very experienced as far as i can tell with these larger creatures.
  • almoushilariousalmoushilarious Join Date: 2020-06-08 Member: 261714Members
    please read spoiler alert note in quotes first as it may not be spoiler... after the quotes i will begin with the rest of my response "i dont know if knowing how many levithians there are spoils the game really... maybe for some it does... but heres your warning on that as i do post a number here if you do not want to know how many... please dont read past this point here" so yes landis the earlier post i referred to this guy... does also have a guide for the reaper leviathan creature. he also talks about equipment recommended as far as stasis rifle "if you plan to kill it, theres like 8 near the crash site alone... or so i heard... he also talks about the sheild for the seamoth and its effective on the reaper, lets go right a way with a shock
  • HowardEHowardE Tampa Join Date: 2020-08-04 Member: 263008Members
    How can you attack an animal an leave it there and then come back and attack it again? Isn't it cruel?
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    edited August 2020
    As far as I've noticed, damage is persistent. I don't think that animals heal over time.

If you're playing the original game, I can tell you that it takes about 125 strikes with the thermoblade to kill a Reaper. So, go give a Reaper 75 strikes or something, then come back a couple of in-game days later and see if it takes about 50 more to kill it. Needless to say this will be a LOT easier with a Stasis Rifle, preferably with an Ion Battery.

I was gonna say to maybe stick a floater to it so you know which one it is, but I've never gotten that one to work. Maybe choose the one that's closest to the stern of the Aurora, since there's only one in that particular spot.