(still) Unable to deconstruct part of base/ cant place ladder

HellomanHelloman United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210579Members
edited January 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
The very same bug/ error happened to me a few months ago whe i got ~10 hours done and now its happened to me again!

I was building my base (finally) and wanted to have some pipes up to the surface where i would have a multipupose room connected. Once i had done that (pipe didnt look like it was connected) i went inside my base to put a ladder in so i could get up to the room, but the ladder wouldnt place and then the sihoulette wouldnt go away even when i tried to swap tools (happened 3 times) - i was forced to save the game (hadnt in a while) which then let me swap tools again. Still not placed ladder. Thinking ive done something wrong i went to deconstruct the multipurpose room on the surface, ontop of a platform, but it said i had to "finish deconstructing" other connected parts. BUT I COULDNT. The platform underneath the room NO. The seemingly unconnected pipes NO. The corridor at the bottom NO.

I now i have an a large area of base that i cant use and is an eye sore and is exactly where i wanted my base to go with lovely view and strategic importance.

Can someone please help me, ive tried and researched alot to no avail. Im thinking theres like something invisible but ive been around and cant find anything. At this stage i just want to remove it but tht isnt even a commend to delete objects.

- I posted on the steam subnautica forums but have had no response and I also sent off a in-game bug report with a picture of the issue

-edit: I have since started a new game and just not tried to build a connector directly into a multipurpose room and it seems to be fine, except for the odd lag or crash tht is now happening when traveling fast :dizzy:

Comments

• HellomanHelloman United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210579Members
    i do feel like this has something to do with the vertical connector that connects my starting underwater base to the single multipurpose room on the surface. The pipe itself is right on the edge of the room and looks very weird. The room is also ontop a "floating" foundation that I built. My thinking is that if I was I able to remove the pipe that was glitching into the room then it would allow me to decontrust it all, rather than telling me to finish deconstructing other parts when I haven't even started on any; because I cant.
    Please can anyone suggest anything as I'm sure this could be a quick fix but no one on steam or even here wants to help me :,(
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Sometimes you have to aim in a weird direction to finish constructing it, but it might actually be: do you have battery power left in your habitat fabrication tool? If it ran out of battery (or just to make sure), press 'R' to reload battery when it is equipped.

Was that the problem?
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    edited January 2017
    Sort of related, avoid trying to build picture frames on glass windows. You will also get stuck in this infinite loop of can't finish or remove. I am also unsure if there is actually a temporary fix for this, as I started noticing these issues when they updated how building works (ex. overlapping objects).
  • FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
    Once I could not remove a multipurpose room - it said I must remove attached structures, but there was nothing attached to it! Battery on habitat builder was fine, had enough space to receive the titanium and stuff.

It turned out they had added a multipurpose room blueprint to the game. I'd had bases for ages, but couldn't deconstruct this multipurpose room until I'd gone to the floating island and scanned the abandoned base on the far side to get the blueprint. After that, I could deconstruct the room.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Sometimes you have to aim in a weird direction to finish constructing it, but it might actually be: do you have battery power left in your habitat fabrication tool? If it ran out of battery (or just to make sure), press 'R' to reload battery when it is equipped.

Was that the problem?

Thank you for replying to this, but no I'm not silly enough to not put power in it
    If there is a weird angle I haven't found it

I think its because of the verticle base connectors attaching in a place they shouldn't or more likely that I built a foundation hovering on the water surface.

STILL DOESNT DECONSTRUCT
    Frustrated wrote: »
    Once I could not remove a multipurpose room - it said I must remove attached structures, but there was nothing attached to it! Battery on habitat builder was fine, had enough space to receive the titanium and stuff.

It turned out they had added a multipurpose room blueprint to the game. I'd had bases for ages, but couldn't deconstruct this multipurpose room until I'd gone to the floating island and scanned the abandoned base on the far side to get the blueprint. After that, I could deconstruct the room.

When I attempt to remove parts the error changes to "finish deconstructing parts" but all of the parts are built as far as I can see
    Frustrated wrote: »

Well I can build multipurpose room so I must've got the blueprints if there are any.... Also I do have things attachted to it like ive said. I have a 'floating' foundation with a multipurporse room on top of it. Underneath is where my base started and its normal stuff with vertical connecters going up to the multipurpose room. I can only deconstruct parts of the base which isn't directly part of the verticle connecter, but the corridor, connecters itself, multi-room and floating foundation wont let me deconstruct them :(

Since this has happened I just cant play the game, I was rly getting into it but this seemingly simply fix as rly ruined by spirit :,(
    Also does anyone know how I might get a dev to see this? ive put this on steam forums, filled out in game reports and posted here and it just kinda feels rly hard to get them to notice
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    As ive done a lot to try and get noticed and do research when I'm not helped I have gone on their trello where they have a massive list of stuff. From looking NO its not on their, but then again I don't know what they even class it as

HELP
  • FruitNinjaDragonFruitNinjaDragon Join Date: 2017-01-09 Member: 226419Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Is the bug on Trello already?

Check here:

https://trello.com/b/eLEWpq3P/subnautica-playtesting

for me, I cannot deconstruct a reinforcement because I constructed a bunch of medkit fabricators on it. However, the medkits cannot be defabricated as it targets the reinforcement which then relays "deconstruct attached components first"
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited January 2017
    This may be difficult for the developers, but it would be awesome if they could give us an option to delete the offending components. Preferably, this would present a list, saying "First, the following attached components will be deconstructed: medkit fabricator, wall locker. Press q to confirm, or e to cancel."

Note, for any who really want this or any other feature: Please don't demand this from the developers. I'm sure they hate hearing from all the people who think everything can be fixed with one line of code. This is simply a request to check if it is reasonable.
    narfblat wrote: »
    This may be difficult for the developers, but it would be awesome if they could give us an option to delete the offending components. Preferably, this would present a list, saying "First, the following attached components will be deconstructed: medkit fabricator, wall locker. Press q to confirm, or e to cancel."

Please don't demand this from the developers. I'm sure they hate hearing from all the people who think everything can be fixed with one line of code. This is simply a request to check if it is reasonable.

I wasnt trying to demand anything, I just felt that after I first experienced this issue a few months back and again more recently they would have done something about it. So I'm sure that I must be doing something wrong rather than a bug, but I'm yet to find any answers after all my extensive efforts
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited January 2017
    That wasn't targeted at anyone in particular, I just wanted to make sure later posts didn't act like we were entitled to that addition. I'll make a slight adjustment to my post. :)

Edit: there may be a few easier fixes. For one, when player is building on a window or reinforcement, the devs might be able to make items be attached to the multipurpose room wall, rather than the wall upgrade.
  • alegsalegs Deutschland Join Date: 2018-04-11 Member: 239977Members
    I had a similar issue:There was this one MPPR where I could neither build in, nor remove stuff from. I removed the connecting ladder and yould even not rebuild it again...

After seraching every corner with the build tool i finally found an unfinished glass window on one wall. I did remove it and ... all fine again! :-)

So search if you started building anything in and outside which is connected to the MPPR ypu have issues with. If you found it, either finish or deconstruct.

Voila!
  • mono_no_awaremono_no_aware Join Date: 2018-04-28 Member: 240395Members
    I have the same issue and have seen others post about it on several forums. Multipurpose room with vertical connector cannot be deconstructed. Everything has been removed from the room including the vertical connector, but I cannot deconstruct the MP room. Instead I receive the "attached components must be deconstructed" message. Nothing is attached and nothing is in the room. What's more, the ceiling of the MP room is see through from outside.

I have read of people fixing this bug with a hex editor, but I have no idea where to start. A force deconstruct command would be useful if a fix for the MP room vertical connector issue can't be provided. Are devs aware of this bug?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    alegs wrote: »
    I had a similar issue:There was this one MPPR where I could neither build in, nor remove stuff from. I removed the connecting ladder and yould even not rebuild it again...

After seraching every corner with the build tool i finally found an unfinished glass window on one wall. I did remove it and ... all fine again! :-)

So search if you started building anything in and outside which is connected to the MPPR ypu have issues with. If you found it, either finish or deconstruct.

Voila!

With the bumpin' mate. This bug has already probably been fixed aside from some smaller versions.
    @mono_no_aware the multipurpose room isn't supposed to allow building of a vertical connector on top; the only way I can get that to happen is to place the footprint of both before either is complete. The room doesn't get really buggy until you build a ladder in that vertical connector. Once you build the ladder the top of the multipurpose room becomes invisible, and it can no longer be deconstructed. The other player who had this bug had to just build the multipurpose room back into their base, stacking other rooms on top; click here.

I don't think the developers are aware of this bug; I recommend an F8 report showing the invisible top of the multipurpose room and listing reproduction steps.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Yeah, MPR's aren't supposed to allow the vertical connectors, so if you somehow managed to get them stuck together, that might be part of the problem.

Also, sometimes you can only see the silhouette from outside, or from a funny angle. This does sound like a bug, in that the game let you do something you're not supposed to be able to do and now it's stuck like that.
  • mono_no_awaremono_no_aware Join Date: 2018-04-28 Member: 240395Members
    Thanks for the replies. I reported the issue with F8, and tried what you suggested @narfblat. This did work, but the immersion was ruined for me on that playthrough, so started anew.
  • PresidentLelouchPresidentLelouch NJ Join Date: 2019-03-11 Member: 251657Members
    I went through the same problem with not being able to deconstruct the ladder and not 100% if this is a sure method fix, however, by deconstructing the reinforcements and other things near the ladder allowed me to deconstruct the ladder itself.