Realtek Sonic Studio seems to conflict with Subnautica (former fix: adding USB or Bluetooth audio)

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
Problems with menus, blank screens, FMOD audio errors in output_log.txt (and perhaps others):

User @Jalekatash found that one of the components that some systems have included with Realtek audio was causing an issue (see thread). See if you have Sonic Studio (in Task Manager, look for processes starting with "ss") and if so, end those processes. See if this helps any problems in-game with the menus and blank screens, problems with audio (especially any FMOD initialization errors that were fixed by adding USB or Bluetooth audio).
Jalekatash wrote: »
Guys I found it! I have spent hours and hours trying to figure out my audio with the game and the pause/esc menu bug. I have been having the same problem as pretty much all of you combined, and I have tried updating my realtek and configuring setting for SO long. But I just found out that my problem was never WITH Realtek. There is a program called Sonic Studio that I suppose comes by default with what I assume are Realtek computers that is screwing it all up. I went into my task manager and ended the processes that started with "ss" and that completely solved it for Subnautica and many other games. Maybe your Sonic Studio 3 needs an update, or it just needs to be deleted. Pick your favorite, and I hope this solves all you guys problems.

Try this out, and then if you have an issue that has been solved by ending Sonic Studio's task, please post here describing the problem that was fixed.

Comments