Pause/Esc Menu Bug

1235»

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Jalekatash wrote: »
    Guys I found it! I have spent hours and hours trying to figure out my audio with the game and the pause/esc menu bug. I have been having the same problem as pretty much all of you combined, and I have tried updating my realtek and configuring setting for SO long. But I just found out that my problem was never WITH Realtek. There is a program called Sonic Studio that I suppose comes by default with what I assume are Realtek computers that is screwing it all up. I went into my task manager and ended the processes that started with "ss" and that completely solved it for Subnautica and many other games. Maybe your Sonic Studio 3 needs an update, or it just needs to be deleted. Pick your favorite, and I hope this solves all you guys problems.

@madsauce ^ Needs verification but that looks like a possible fix if it pans out.
  • ferny13ferny13 Texas Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247835Members
    Guys I found it! I have spent hours and hours trying to figure out my audio with the game and the pause/esc menu bug. I have been having the same problem as pretty much all of you combined, and I have tried updating my realtek and configuring setting for SO long. But I just found out that my problem was never WITH Realtek. There is a program called Sonic Studio that I suppose comes by default with what I assume are Realtek computers that is screwing it all up. I went into my task manager and ended the processes that started with "ss" and that completely solved it for Subnautica and many other games. Maybe your Sonic Studio 3 needs an update, or it just needs to be deleted. Pick your favorite, and I hope this solves all you guys problems.

I can confirm that ending Sonic Studios on the TaskManager fixed my issue as well. As soon as i start the program again, it goes back to the same issue with the Menu/Esc not working.
  • GumehiGumehi Join Date: 2019-02-17 Member: 251015Members

thank you so much! the audio and game is working again!
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Thank you guys for sharing this, I'm still waiting to find a machine we have access to with the issue but now I'll try putting a different version of Sonic Studio to repro it. <3 Thanks @Jalekatash for sharing your solution, and the rest for letting us know it is working. I'll see if I can update our Steam documentation to mention it.
  • DustwizardDustwizard Massachusettes Join Date: 2019-03-03 Member: 251490Members
    Hello everyone! I'm happy to see this has been quickly responded and figured out by the community, I'm currently running into the same issues (Esc key locks me into that menu and no start of game animation) but I have no Sonic Studio listed in my programs in task manager. Thanks for your help, I miss this game and hope to be back underwater soon :smile:
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    @Dustwizard can you check out the audio section of our Trouble Shooting Guide? I'm hoping it is the other audio issue we've seen.

Reminds me that I need to update the guide...
  • r0cksaltr0cksalt Join Date: 2019-02-05 Member: 250442Members
    so an update for you guys...
    after playing with usb headphones for a while and enjoying the game, i went back in and started the process of elimination...
    on my Alienware R17 laptop the problem seems to boil down to 'Alienware Sound Center'.
    Killing this task allows Subnautica to play through speakers and normal headphone jack as it should be.

when investigating the app itself, i find its displaying 'no device' so i think the problem for me anyway is this. the app doesn't really do much so i'm uninstalling it today.

cheers
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Makes me wonder if all of these 3rd party control centers have something in common or are based off of a common software that conflicts with Subnautica.
  • teaturtleteaturtle Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247276Members
    I got it to work try disabling sonic 3
  • MryavkaMryavka Moscow Join Date: 2019-03-23 Member: 251919Members
    unfortunately i have the same problem and neither fix doesn't help me...
    i have latest drivers and have no Sonic Studio process...
    I checked all points in Steam troubleshooting guide, but nothing helps me..
    if there is any idea - you're welcome
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Another user having problems said the problem was their "raumklang" (translates to "surround sound") was not configured. (full post here.)
    edited March 2019
    as I see in output log:
    (Filename: C:/Subnautica/plastic_workspace_unity/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

SystemNotInitializedException: FMOD Studio initialization failed : Calling initialize : ERR_OUTPUT_INIT : Error initializing output device.
    at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CheckInitResult (RESULT result, System.String cause) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.Initialiase (Boolean forceNoNetwork) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

But installation path of Subnautica is "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\" and I have not folder in path of Filename... is it correct?

here is my logs: output_log and dxdiag at link
    Mryavka wrote: »
    as I see in output log:
    (Filename: C:/Subnautica/plastic_workspace_unity/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

SystemNotInitializedException: FMOD Studio initialization failed : Calling initialize : ERR_OUTPUT_INIT : Error initializing output device.
    at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CheckInitResult (RESULT result, System.String cause) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.Initialiase (Boolean forceNoNetwork) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

But installation path of Subnautica is "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\" and I have not folder in path of Filename... is it correct?

here is my logs: output_log and dxdiag at link

well, I did it...
    i updated drivers from MSI site, disable nahimic. Subnautica started correct.