New Weapon Ideas?

124»

Comments

• MeadesJeffMeadesJeff Canada Join Date: 2019-01-01 Member: 247730Members
    I do not want any more weapons in this game. I use my knife essentially only for cutting materials. Having weapons that can kill predators would change the entire dynamic of the game, and I do not agree with it.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Plus the PRAWN suit has four weapons, yes, the grapple is a weapon, i've killed three stalkers, two sad sharks, and one baby reefback with that thing, it's brutal, brutal i tell you!
  • PalanovaPalanova Join Date: 2019-02-03 Member: 250260Members
    No need new kind of weapon.
    Maybe other gadgets that can be use as deterrence, but definitly nothing directly leathal.

For example a Heat lamp, or some kind of portable microwave projector, what we can use to heating our surroundings, under and above water, and we can use it to project a direct microwave beam, that can melt ice.

It should be two mode: aoe (area of effect) and direct beam mode
    direct beam: can use to melt ice, deterrence some wildlife
    aoe mode: heating the sorroundings

This way, we can carve out some shelter if we above the water, and almost freezing to death, just point it to a nearest ice wall, switch it to direct beam mode melt some ice to get away from the wind, swith to aoe mode and it become a heating panel to keep us warm till.
  • EdyscisEdyscis Granville Join Date: 2019-02-21 Member: 251208Members
    The precursor rifle we found in they're bases
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Edyscis wrote: »
    The precursor rifle we found in they're bases

... heh ... i suppose ...
  • subnauticansubnautican bell 3111 dr Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252865Members
    Dehpc wrote: »
    Also, benitoc, i agree. The knife just does not CUT it (badum tssh)

Dephic love the pun
  • subnauticansubnautican bell 3111 dr Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252865Members
    Delpgic love the pun
    I say a lazer harpon
    Carafting itums
    1.spear(if added)
    2.lazer cuter
    3.battery
    U need to power the darn thing dont ya
    OR, maybe you could add some defences for your base like a special room filled with torpedoes?

Thatis my favorite idea so far
    GabrielBC wrote: »
    Freeman79 wrote: »
    We already have the stasis rifle and the repulsion cannon, more powerful weapons would make the game way to easy, this game is about surviving, not blowing the crap out of the sea.
    This argument seems to pop up everywhere. NOT ALL WEAPONS ARE WMDS! Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Anyway, some new types of weapons would be nice, but we do have to remember that the Aurora was only a terraforming vessel after all, not a military one, but at the same time, it would have to have some defenses if planets it came to were inhabited with hostile intelligent life. So, in other words, some sort of small multipurpose firearm would not be unrealistic here, but there wouldn't be much chance of the scientists bringing, say, a heavy machine gun or something similar.

We are in the future, there isn't machine guns anymore.

Lol heck yes a second wreck with a lazer minigun would be epic
    Ok, so I know that the devs had said time and time again that they want you to not be attacking creatures and simply observe them or run away. But I just want to take a quick look at this from a realistic standpoint. You are on a planet FILLED with creatures all around, right next to your home, that will kill you if you get close. And your character has the technology to build a giant titanium tower, a rifle that literally FREEZES TIME ITSELF in a certain radius, and to create a freaking NUCLEAR REACTOR, all within like 20 in-game days. Your telling me that this character, the character your playing as, doesn't have the technology to create a tiny little gun that shoots little lasers instead of using a pointy piece of metal? Or that this man, the main character, is a pacifist to the point where he wouldn't make a little laser gun to defend himself from the several alligator-like creatures that live at his front door?

I'm sorry, I know the reason that nothing like this is added because of real life shootings, and one of the devs wants this to be a step to a future with less guns. I think its great that he is trying to make a better future! Less guns, less violence. The thing is, he even said himself that he doesn't really think in-game violence effects real life. I honestly feel that without any weapon that the character in game obviously has the ability to make, it just breaks the immersion and doesn't make sense.

Now I'm not saying they should add machine guns, rifles, other crazy guns that will turn the game into a shooter. My pitch is that we have a small pistol-like laser gun that does little damage per hit. I feel that if your being chased by a stalker, you should be able to pull out this little laser gun from your back pocket and fire at him until he runs away. I imagine this gun to look like the old model for the terraformer, once again, just shooting a bunch of little lasers. I can't imagine this turning the game into some sort of shooter, I just feel its more fitting for the scenario your in. You have all this technology as your surviving on an ocean planet filled with deadly creatures. You are generally a pacifistic character but will use a little laser pistol to defend yourself if your surrounded by stalkers. I still definitely think they should add some more passive weapons as well, but something like this seems like a must-have for the scenario your character is in.

You are si wise
    So ( typing on phone sorry for typos)
    Dehpc wrote: »
    You guys want a weapon that isnt OP?
    Handheld torpedo launcher that uses seamoth/exosuit torpedoes.
    Done

I don't know what to say
    if you give a gun to a clumsy idiot he won't be able to fend off a crippled deranged 90 year old woman.[/quote]

Lol
    Freeman79 wrote: »
    We already have the stasis rifle and the repulsion cannon, more powerful weapons would make the game way to easy, this game is about surviving, not blowing the crap out of the sea.

Now that is funny! Imagine Captain Kirk saying that, too funny haha! "blowing the crap out of the sea" hahah.

Lol
  • SaltShakerSaltShaker Join Date: 2019-05-14 Member: 252878Members
    Funsauce32 wrote: »
    THIS GAME IS MEANT TO BE PASSIVE! Your an idiot to think otherwise. the devs will NOT implement ANY new weapons. You are not supposed to be the judge, jury and exocutioner. get your facts straight and get your **** together.

That's a bit on the rude side. For someone saying we should be more passive and kind, you sure are one hateful person lmao. No one here is saying we should have a machine gun to mow down anything that moves. We are asking for a tool to defend ourselves from the massive creatures that are ripping our limbs off. I don't think a spear which is just a knife (something you have no problems with) with a longer handle. Regardless, there isn't any point in losing your cool like this. We are having a civil discussion on future content for the game we enjoy. Not a screaming contest.