SPOILER WARNING Bug or wrong item? Acces to "Lava-castle"

GoogleGopleGoogleGople Copenhagen Join Date: 2019-02-12 Member: 250872Members
edited February 2019 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
SPOILER WARNING

I don't know if I've come accross a bug or not.

I wen't into the 'lava-castle' -the alien base at 1451 meters depth. I had left my Prawn suit with the first depth upgrade around 1200 meters down and swam the rest of the way down to the base. Past the huge octopus lizard monster. The gate was open and I ran in without activating the door. I scanned everything and left again without using any of the portals. Now I can't get in again. There's a green "forcefield" and a stool that opens up with an opening for a tablet. I have several in my inventory -the ones with the purple symbol. I go to the stool and hit A. Nothing happens. I can't drop the tablets from my inventory or set them to the 'ready-at-hand-menu'.

Is this a bug that has been triggered by me going into the base at first and then leaving where I came in without going through any of the portals?

I read somewhere about being able to make a 'blue-tablet'? I don't have that option on my tablet.

I have tried to find the answer in the forums, by google and on YouTube but I keep having things spoiled for me, so if anybody could answer this pecific I would be overcome with joy.

Thankyou in advance. I love this game more than anything in the whole world
and I'm not kidding.

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Purple tablet should work there. "A" button should work, if that is the same one you use to pick up resources(purple tablet doesn't need to be equipped/dropped). Try getting closer to the "stool" that controls the forcefield, it should show it as something you can activate.
  • GoogleGopleGoogleGople Copenhagen Join Date: 2019-02-12 Member: 250872Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    Purple tablet should work there. "A" button should work, if that is the same one you use to pick up resources(purple tablet doesn't need to be equipped/dropped). Try getting closer to the "stool" that controls the forcefield, it should show it as something you can activate.

That's it then. I have hit a bug :(
    I've been standing as close to the stool as possible while pressing the A button, as the prompt tells me to.

Thamkyou very very much for your help. Do you have any suggestion to a solution?
    narfblat wrote: »

some guy from General Discussion just replied, that the structure I'm refering to is really the PCF. He says that the 'lava-castle' is situated above the one I'm talking about. Do you know anything about this?
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    Yes, the only bug here is that you've been able to explore the Primary Containment Facility without having a blue tablet in the first place.
    Strange, but not game breaking.