Cannot find Alien Thermal Plant / Power genrator

MerlinrMerlinr Texas Join Date: 2016-04-05 Member: 215365Members
I need the Blue Tablet but I cannot find the Alien Thermal Plant for the life of me. However, I've found the primary containment facility in the lava zone.

My base is in the lost river very close to the alien facility in the lost river.
I have spent hours looking for it, anyone have clues on how to find it?

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    It's a real bitch of a place to find. You need to search around the upper level of the lava zone (inactive lava zone). It's in a mountain-type thing called the "lava castle".

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Lava_Castle

god only knows how you're supposed to find this kinda stuff with no outside knowledge.
  • MerlinrMerlinr Texas Join Date: 2016-04-05 Member: 215365Members
    Yeah I've searched all over the upper lava area around 1150m down but no luck so far.
    Merlinr wrote: »
    Yeah I've searched all over the upper lava area around 1150m down but no luck so far.
    Well the coordinates are -49 -1205 66 if you're willing to "cheat" a bit.
    I found the Lava Castle in the picture here: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Lava_Castle.
    So is the entrance near the castle?
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    I found the Lava Castle in the picture here: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Lava_Castle.

The base is inside and there are two entrances on its sides just look for green lights and get in
    yeah if you just circle around it you should see a lava flow spilling out near a cave entrance with some precursor lights. took me a while to find, though. ;/
    I eventually found it. Thanks for the replies.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    There used to be a signal to it. Of all the places, I think that one really needs a signal. If you don't already know it's there, it's going to be next to impossible to find. The lava zone is *huge* too. All those spires, and only one has a base - and if you don't know to look for those spires for a small hole with a door, it's very unlikely anyone would simply stumble on it.

And you absolutely must find it to get the Blue Tablet. Exploring that area with a prawn is dangerous too with the Sea Dragon lurking about - though it seems like maybe the aggression got tweaked, which is a good thing.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    ssutcliffe wrote: »
    There used to be a signal to it. Of all the places, I think that one really needs a signal. If you don't already know it's there, it's going to be next to impossible to find. The lava zone is *huge* too. All those spires, and only one has a base - and if you don't know to look for those spires for a small hole with a door, it's very unlikely anyone would simply stumble on it.

And you absolutely must find it to get the Blue Tablet. Exploring that area with a prawn is dangerous too with the Sea Dragon lurking about - though it seems like maybe the aggression got tweaked, which is a good thing.

You are right but I think it does make sense not having a signal for it because its an alien facility you should not be able to have its precise coordinates and I think the clues that leads to it are enough for people to locate it
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    At one time in the pre-release you obtained a beacon pointing to it. That has gone away, it appears.
  • cdaragorncdaragorn Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212685Members
    adel_50 wrote: »

You are right but I think it does make sense not having a signal for it because its an alien facility you should not be able to have its precise coordinates and I think the clues that leads to it are enough for people to locate it

You get its precise coordinates from the gun facility. It makes perfect sense for it to have logged the place it's getting its power from.

Right now there basically aren't any clues to where it is. It's not easy to see the way the other facilities are. I think it should have a beacon to it.
  • IntotheVoidIntotheVoid Join Date: 2018-01-30 Member: 236221Members
    I need the Blue Tablet but I cannot find the Alien Thermal Plant for the life of me. However, I've found the primary containment facility in the lava zone.

My base is in the lost river very close to the alien facility in the lost river.

I had the exact same problem. I saw that lava castle and two big baddies swimming around it. No sign of aliens.
    I'd never imagine the alien base was there. Instead i went exploring further and found the containment facility.
    Devs need to add some alien structures there.
  • xm234xm234 Poland Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229207Members

I had the exact same problem. I saw that lava castle and two big baddies swimming around it. No sign of aliens.
    I'd never imagine the alien base was there. Instead i went exploring further and found the containment facility.

Even when you know, where to look for it, the entrance is easy to miss, especially when you have to keep an eye on the dragon. This one signal should be back.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2018
    Finding the Thermal Plant is a classic case of Subnautica knee-capping itself with its abysmal view range.
    I must have circled around the entrance with my Clops at least 2 dozen times until I finally had enough and consulted a couple of youtube videos.
    Seriously, I must have looked straight at it several times during my merry-go-round, but didn't see it because of the distance fog...
  • FredsterFredster UK Join Date: 2017-09-24 Member: 233212Members
    I mean, Hamlet, that is pretty realistic compared to most other underwater games on the market. You ever tried to see more than two feet in front of you under the sea? It's not exactly easy
  • DontoDonto Join Date: 2018-12-23 Member: 246781Members
    ahem. escuso. what coordinates do you use? [-10 -1115 205] - what does it mean?
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Donto wrote: »
    ahem. escuso. what coordinates do you use? [-10 -1115 205] - what does it mean?

oh no
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    edited February 2019

The PDA tells it away during the first exploration of the inactive lava zone:
    Detecting alien materials and a massive energy signature. Reading originates within the natural structure at the center of this chamber.

However, it's true that the two (or more ?) entries of the lava castle are very difficult to spot from the cyclops. It's much easier when swimming around or using the PRAWN.
  • DontoDonto Join Date: 2018-12-23 Member: 246781Members
    Thanks, no need rushing for help, guys. At last I found that damn Alien Thermal Plant Power Generator myself. It turned out that I had swam by it hundreds of times. Its tiny green-pillared entrance is just above the skeleton of a reptile on the bottom of volcanic area. Damn.
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    edited February 2019
    just listen out for the roars of the lava dragon follow it but don't get to close because it shoots lava, then you will end up at a mountain with vents at the top and the door should glow green then you follow a path to the base, BE WARNED you will need a PURPLE tablet to get the BLUE one :#