Trench Under the Bridges?

AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
What is the biome under the twisty bridges? I would have explored it myself, but, but but but, i was, um, too busy, yeah, that's right, too busy... Ok, fine, i was scared, i didn't know what was there, if anything, and i didn't want to go too deep, without a seamoth anyway, just a seaglide isn't enough...

I repeat, what is in and what is the trench under the twisty bridges.

Comments

• pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    That biome is the Deep Twisty Bridges biome. Yyyyyyyup.

Other than that I believe it goes down to around 350-400m and is currently completely undetailed aside from some spooky ambient music/sounds. Far as I know that's all there is to the area so far, unless some concept art can be dug up that hints at what will eventually be down there or there's something in Favro.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Good place to get some magnetite though. It showed up on my scanner when I built near that one abandoned base. Sent out a drone, memorized the direction, then went in myself. But yeah, it's pretty scary down there right now.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    It's like the void
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited February 2019
    I remember finding that while looking for the stuff the dialogue had you go find, I didn't want to go too deep either haha. In experimental branch there's stuff down there now though
    Even more twisty bridges, some spires that look like smokers - there's one in the Kelp Caves too - and a texture all over the walks and floor that look unnervingly like veins. Probably vines or roots, but that's the first impression I got when looking in the darkness.

Coincidentally, the Scanner Room at one part of it reveals another cave nearby it, close to the section that leads up to the "Fissure" which stops just short of the surface. I wonder if it'll open up eventually? That'd be cool; like the Blood Kelp Trench opening up to the Lost River in base Subnautica~

https://subnautica-belowzero.fandom.com/wiki/Fissure with the coords being around 215 -450 -405
    The debug screen labels the biome ID as "Fissure" so it's probably a thing. It'd be hard to reach this biome naturally without using console commands or Creative I imagine, because it's at the end of a very deep and lengthy cave system and doesn't have any surface access yet, if it ever will.
    Speaking of unfinished areas, anybody else gone inside that cave system full of blighters where you can actually get lithium? I heard about it on Reddit (I think?) but even with the coordinates it was a tough find with how small the passage is.

Gonna need more titanium to set up a good air supply line + line to follow back outside, though.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Speaking of unfinished areas, anybody else gone inside that cave system full of blighters where you can actually get lithium? I heard about it on Reddit (I think?) but even with the coordinates it was a tough find with how small the passage is.

Gonna need more titanium to set up a good air supply line + line to follow back outside, though.

Been down there a few times yes, if we're thinking of the same cave. Spoiler Tag for anyone who's wanting to find out for themselves:
    Right now there's only one spot - AFAIK - that has lithium. That's the "Fissure" biome which branches off from the Crystal Caves - the place with the red fog - and leads nowhere. It rises up to just around 150m or so depth, and a paltry few dozen meters away from the surface of the Purple Vents, as if it was or will be a surface-level entrance akin to the Blood Kelp Trench linking up with the Lost River.

I can't remember if Lithium spawns anywhere else, but that's the only place I recall finding it. Pretty hard to get there without a good pipe chain + multiple air tanks, but messing with Bioreactor bases if you console the blueprints in works too. Entirely "legitimately" though, a pipe network and multiple airtanks is the way to go.
    Rezca wrote: »
    Been down there a few times yes, if we're thinking of the same cave. Spoiler Tag for anyone who's wanting to find out for themselves:
    Right now there's only one spot - AFAIK - that has lithium. That's the "Fissure" biome which branches off from the Crystal Caves - the place with the red fog - and leads nowhere. It rises up to just around 150m or so depth, and a paltry few dozen meters away from the surface of the Purple Vents, as if it was or will be a surface-level entrance akin to the Blood Kelp Trench linking up with the Lost River.

I can't remember if Lithium spawns anywhere else, but that's the only place I recall finding it. Pretty hard to get there without a good pipe chain + multiple air tanks, but messing with Bioreactor bases if you console the blueprints in works too. Entirely "legitimately" though, a pipe network and multiple airtanks is the way to go.

We're thinking about the same place. Console commands aren't my thing unless the game itself hiccups (ie, I got a bug where after a while I couldn't harvest table coral anymore), so I use pipes. I only wish I had something to protect myself from the blighters. I never thought of them as dangerous, but like this, with tight spaces, no suit upgrades, vehicles, or easy means to heal, well, I'm starting to respect them just a tad more.

Thanks for the info what the place is supposed to be. I'm looking forward to seeing it filled out.