Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access - Subnautica

Comments

• RQORQO PRG Join Date: 2019-02-03 Member: 250312Members
    edited February 2019
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    If it's as with the first game, updates do not account for older save files. If the old isn't compatible with the new, the old will be overridden. At best you'll have terrain clipping through your base.

See my reply above. Inventory ought to be safe. I recommend not to play with the intent of keeping a savefile across multiple updates, not in the least because it might cause bugs outside of the development scope.

Thanks for the answer. The idea was to prepare the base(s): collect enormous amount of titanium and other stuff while waiting for the updates o:)

• happysyckohappysycko Join Date: 2017-01-21 Member: 227053Members
    ***possible spoiler alert***

Anyone find the frozen skeleton yet?
  • PiranahBitePiranahBite California Join Date: 2019-02-05 Member: 250431Members
    When below zero comes out of early acces will it be included with the regular subnautica?
  • matreatsmatreats USA Join Date: 2019-02-05 Member: 250432Members
    Hey y'all, just a quick question-- Was watching Jack's playthrough of early access and it looks like some of the flavor text is missing/non-existent at the moment? He said something like you might be able to submit your own entry for the fauna/flora? Don't know if it's true or not, but I'm hoping it is! That would be super awesome :)
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    matreats wrote: »
    Hey y'all, just a quick question-- Was watching Jack's playthrough of early access and it looks like some of the flavor text is missing/non-existent at the moment? He said something like you might be able to submit your own entry for the fauna/flora? Don't know if it's true or not, but I'm hoping it is! That would be super awesome :)

That is indeed what the PDA entry for the Arctic Ray says. Most of the creature/flora descriptions have yet to be added and it will be that way for a while.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited February 2019
    When below zero comes out of early acces will it be included with the regular subnautica?

No. Why would it be? It's a standalone game. There might be a Steam bundle at some point but that's up to UWE.
  • matreatsmatreats USA Join Date: 2019-02-05 Member: 250432Members

That is indeed what the PDA entry for the Arctic Ray says. Most of the creature/flora descriptions have yet to be added and it will be that way for a while.

Has UnknownWorlds said anything about it or when we'll be able to?
  • Link_jonLink_jon Join Date: 2019-02-05 Member: 250482Members
    i.e. your premise of Sam falling into a pool of freezing water that leads to the ocean

uhh… I feel the need to say: Sam is on the planet? since when? XD

Has UnknownWorlds said anything about it or when we'll be able to?

The PDA entry gives instructions (press F8 and type it, basically, with a hashtag).
  • GuroolotagGuroolotag Join Date: 2019-02-07 Member: 250566Members
    Hello all, can the hover bike be crafted yet or just summoned with console command?
  • zynanyzzynanyz Join Date: 2019-02-07 Member: 250578Members
    Where should i post below zero bugs? in normal subnautika report forum or where? The game switched to desktop while running in background. sometimes it crashed completely sometimes the game is invissible (can hear sound and save when i move mouse a bit up after esc). In the subnauticabelowzero folder isnt a output_log.txt data. normal subnautica runs without bugs i tested today.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Guroolotag wrote: »
    Hello all, can the hover bike be crafted yet or just summoned with console command?

Console command.
  • chef_chef_ Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250153Members

You can craft it.
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    I'm holding off on getting the game for now until I see how the devs respond to community feedback (or a really good sale at least), but from what I've seen on YouTube so far I'm not happy with the new story structure either.

The story in Subnautica worked because it struck the perfect balance between explaining why the player was now stranded on the planet and motivating the player to explore deeper and providing a satisfying conclusion if the player pursues it to the end, but also giving the player freedom to ignore the story and do whatever they want. Subnautica could have done with a bit more player guidance and progression gating (and a map), but from what I've seen so far of Below Zero it's gone way too far the other way.

Also, the fully voiced-over story completely changes the game, and not necessarily for the better. What also made Subnautica work was the sense of isolation, and the freedom to project yourself into the player character (except for those immersion-breaking moments when you see your character's shadow with that awful physics-defying hair). With the constant banter and your character's inane decision to turn down help and choose to be "stranded" on the planet, it really takes away from the theme that Subnautica did so well.

Anyways, glad to see they've finally added some more vehicles based on community feedback, although I'm not so sure about the current sea truck implementation. I really like the concept of a medium-sized modular sub, but if I was to design something like that it would be more along the lines of a flatbed truck. The cab would have a permanent frame behind it, and one module could be attached to the frame. For modules, I would have only a handful of types (habitation, cargo, prawn carrier) as well as several upgrade slots like in the previous game for smaller cargo bins, sonar, solar, etc. I would still like to see the seamoth and the cyclops (with a few usability upgrades) included in the game with the sea truck filling the niche as a smaller, more maneuverable platform for tight places where the cyclops won't fit. Would also like to see some of the mega concept subs that can dock a Cyclops implemented as well, along with some air vehicles (that can also fly underwater to some degree).
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    buying the DLC TODAY!!!!!!!!
  • GuroolotagGuroolotag Join Date: 2019-02-07 Member: 250566Members
    chef_ wrote: »

You can craft it.

Care to expand on that please? I have habitat builder, base etc, but didnt think the story line went beyond that yet?
  • mike55782mike55782 Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229073Members
    will u guys release an early access version of below zero for xbox and other consules?

You can craft it.

Care to expand on that please? I have habitat builder, base etc, but didnt think the story line went beyond that yet?

In the story, Sam tells Robin that she's going to try to get the Snow Fox, just has to ask her superiors. Eventually, she drops something that is marked with just a question mark, and no description. This isn't the other two items that are labeled as heat gel or something. You take the item to land and drop it on the ground. You will see a tablet and when you pick it up, it's a blueprint that gets added to your PDA.

You build the "docking station" on land, add a power source (solar) and then you can build the SnowFox.

Snowfox control is a little odd, but cool that you can hover around on land.

It glitched out for me after I closed and reloaded (transported itself somewhere that I can't get to), but I think I can just build another.
  • RQORQO PRG Join Date: 2019-02-03 Member: 250312Members
    edited February 2019
    Eventually, she drops something that is marked with just a question mark, and no description. .
    I have one drop box but it is under textures.
    Where did you get the recipe of docking station?

RQO wrote: »
    Eventually, she drops something that is marked with just a question mark, and no description. .
    I have one drop box but it is under textures.
    Where did you get the recipe of docking station?

It's probably in that box. It was one of the last things that happens after the current story "ends."
  • IvosonIvoson Join Date: 2019-02-09 Member: 250741Members
    I have subnautica below zero through the epic games launcher but its not updateing to current builds i've seen some youtube videos with builds of 9902 but mine hasn't updated past 9561 how do i get my build to update
  • CaptNemoCaptNemo Nautilus Join Date: 2018-10-03 Member: 243934Members
    Like I said I would wait for a sale well I got a sale from steam $5 bucks off of games purchase ok I bought this game and I'm glad it is so cool love the new phase gate totally awesome ymcz5iz4cn9q.jpg
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    CaptNemo wrote: »
    Like I said I would wait for a sale well I got a sale from steam $5 bucks off of games purchase ok I bought this game and I'm glad it is so cool love the new phase gate totally awesome ymcz5iz4cn9q.jpg

phasegate might be on the chopping block though a lot of us are wondering WHY?
    Ivoson wrote: »
    I have subnautica below zero through the epic games launcher but its not updateing to current builds i've seen some youtube videos with builds of 9902 but mine hasn't updated past 9561 how do i get my build to update

+1
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    mike55782 wrote: »
    will u guys release an early access version of below zero for xbox and other consules?

Since they're still trying to get the base game to run nicely on the Xbox, I figure they're going to want to wait a bit before they try the same with Below Zero. As for "other consoles", the other two are the Switch and Playstation, and they said before they weren't going to do a Switch port and Sony doesn't allow Early Access games last I checked. Below Zero won't show up on their store until it's fully released.

CaptNemo wrote: »

phasegate might be on the chopping block though a lot of us are wondering WHY?

Really, they're considering cutting it? That would suck on so many levels, since the last cards I saw on Favro were saying that the base one and Sea Truck version were in progress....
  • CaptNemoCaptNemo Nautilus Join Date: 2018-10-03 Member: 243934Members
    Ivoson wrote: »

+1

I hope not it is a really cool feature for getting around the map
    here's the wiki page

https://subnautica-belowzero.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Cut_Candidates

there's several things on there. Remember folks this is pretty early stuff remember all the stuff they had in the original Subnautica we had but was removed later? all those extra resources and stuff.
    here's the wiki page

https://subnautica-belowzero.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Cut_Candidates

there's several things on there. Remember folks this is pretty early stuff remember all the stuff they had in the original Subnautica we had but was removed later? all those extra resources and stuff.

Out of those the two that are the most unfortunate are the Phase Gate and Ice Dragon. It's nice they took the Lobster Reaper and Ventgarden onto the "Might Get In" list, but they left the other awesome creature behind and the Phase Gate is about to join it? :/
    Yeah I know, who knows if they do get in or not, glad they did turn around and reuse the rockpuncher though seeing as it was assigned to oblivion in the original games development after they decided to remove terraforming. Hopefully we get lucky with the Dragon and it gets put in, we need as many predatory leviathans as we had in the original game in Below Zero. One thing I am glad though is that it appears this game is looking to be more story driven in terms of character development.
    Anyone else notice how much of an asshole the CEO sounds like? I immediately hated the guy the second I heard him, if I wanted to see someone in game chomped on by a leviathan class creature it would be him.
    Yeah I know, who knows if they do get in or not, glad they did turn around and reuse the rockpuncher though seeing as it was assigned to oblivion in the original games development after they decided to remove terraforming. Hopefully we get lucky with the Dragon and it gets put in, we need as many predatory leviathans as we had in the original game in Below Zero. One thing I am glad though is that it appears this game is looking to be more story driven in terms of character development.
    Anyone else notice how much of an asshole the CEO sounds like? I immediately hated the guy the second I heard him, if I wanted to see someone in game chomped on by a leviathan class creature it would be him.

Turns out it didn't need Terraforming after all :P

If they're merely on the fence about the Ice Dragon then sure - maybe we'll convince them it's worth putting in. I'd like to see him too since the three leviathans they proposed really look like they'd be arctic variations of the base leviathans we already have.

Lobster Reaper <--> Reaper Leviathan (I'm sorry I can never remember that thing's name xD)
    Shadow Leviathan <--> Ghost Leviathan (Even though the wiki last suggested it'd serve as this game's Reaper)
    Ice Dragon <--> Sea Dragon Leviathan

Yeah convince him to come down onto the planet then the Ice Dragon swallows him whole just like the Sea Dragon sometimes does to us :P

Speaking of the Sea Dragon, I hope they keep some of the critters in the game files for spawning in for fun. I don't know about you guys, but the Sea Dragon looks so much cooler up in the water column than down in the lava caves. I remember keeping one in the Dunes and Mountains and he always looked so good there. He still looks good in Below Zero. Spoiler'ed for images.
    6c10inabz5aj.jpg
    n64b60o8mbqa.jpg
    90riol457t5s.jpg
    kvc6kyxkcu6w.jpg

So I can't see why the Ice Dragon wouldn't look pretty AF too. ^^