Below Zero base discussion

RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
Hiya folks... uhhh it's been a while since I was here lol played a few hours of Below Zero and I just noticed something. At the start of the game you have those MUCH, MUCH bigger base modules, how I so want those modules compared to the multipurpose module, I seriously hope the devs add those. :)

Comments

• jonathanmjonathanm Join Date: 2018-03-27 Member: 239525Members
    And I want to be able to build on land, my very own Ice Station Zebra.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Minor spoilers if you consider base parts spoilers
    3ztcwrc2tbfs.png
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Over on favro there's a card for "Large Base Room", labeled "High Priority" and "April 30 2019". Schedules and plans can change, of course, but things are looking favorable.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited February 2019
    Sweet! too bad we're not gonna see this in the original game but I can understand why the devs made Below Zero a standalone instead of an expansion or dlc. Good thing I see about is that there's a lot of things that can and probably will be used from the first game with Below Zero instead of them having to make things from scratch. Like them adding the large dome window for the multipurpose room that was never used in Subnautica.

I do hope they revisit the original game to fix and add things that were on their backburner for things to add after full release of the game.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    edited February 2019
    ...Like them adding the large dome window for the multipurpose room that was never used in Subnautica...

That's one of the things I thought was cool about the larger rooms in the starter base, they had glass ceiling pieces which looked very nice. Hopefully that makes it into a player blueprint.

Edit: Also, has anyone found lithium yet? I would like to make some structural reinforcement panels on my base.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    jonathanm wrote: »

Wow. I thought nobody would remember that movie. :)
    btw, Michel Legrand, the french composer who created the soundtrack, just passed away on january 29th :'(

https://www.youtube.com/embed/du502oLN-Ow
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited February 2019
    Saw it twice in the theaters when I was a kid. B)

Anybody else having trouble getting the Construction Tool?

All I got was a "Null ?" item at the point it was supposed to be given to me.
  • dispodispo Join Date: 2019-02-05 Member: 250449Members
    edited February 2019
    HI,

Subnautica has some performance issues when editing very large bases (I believe down to the entire base being 'integrity checked' every time an element is changed) which can cause game freezes for tens of seconds each time.
    Is anything being done with the Below Zero base building system to remove this issue ? Such as stopping any such calculation at bulkhead doors ?
  • Annihilat0rAnnihilat0r Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228069Members
    I am wondering how Below Zero is related to the original game. Has this been revealed yet?
    Specifically, does it take place before, after, or in parallel of the events of Subnautica?
    In case it takes place later, will you be able to visit your (ruined) bases from the original game?
    In case it takes place in parallel, will you ba able to witness related events (e.g. watching the Sunbeam explode from afar)?
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited February 2019
    I am wondering how Below Zero is related to the original game. Has this been revealed yet?
    Specifically, does it take place before, after, or in parallel of the events of Subnautica?
    In case it takes place later, will you be able to visit your (ruined) bases from the original game?
    In case it takes place in parallel, will you ba able to witness related events (e.g. watching the Sunbeam explode from afar)?

Below Zero takes place after the events of the original game, I doubt we'll be able to visit the original area. Its on the same planet but in a different area, one of the main objectives to Alterra being there is the recovery of the Aurora at the crash site, but the other is of course the Alien technology, ruins and ect stuff involved within that area.

for other stuff I'd like it if this thread remains talking about the buildings and modules related to buildings and not other things, like bug discussion. If you feel the need to post that stuff do it in another thread seeing as there are several related to that. Please do not hijack this thread to complain about bugs or mechanics not related to base building.
  • LethannLethann Jackson, MS Join Date: 2019-02-06 Member: 250534Members

You already can build on land in the main game. Haven't tried in Below Zero but with the electrical storms I can see why that might not be advisable.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited February 2019
    Lethann wrote: »

You already can build on land in the main game. Haven't tried in Below Zero but with the electrical storms I can see why that might not be advisable.

Yep, one of the things I like doing myself too ^^
    fl6cal9off9e.jpg

(Spoiler'd the rest to save space so people don't need to scroll a ton)
    iwjoltt97l91.jpg

nrsopdubui58.jpg

pc82bf2gcb71.jpg

Iceberg over the far edge biomes, had to start underwater building onto the side of the berg, then build up since I wasn't able to get ontop of it otherwise.

And that Stalker was NOWHERE NEAR my base! I came up from a Gel Sack dive to find it pilfering a camera from my Scanner Room. Little menace dragged it down to the sea floor and stashed it there xD

Don't know how much the storms will affect things; at best I could see it reducing Solar Panel output + making you stay indoors for the duration of it. I imagine the Weather Station is there for that very reason: So you can plan your outdoor sessions ahead of time. ^^
  • CaptNemoCaptNemo Nautilus Join Date: 2018-10-03 Member: 243934Members

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1685709570
    I use the SeaTruck as a mobile undersea base
  • Reaper_Peeper101Reaper_Peeper101 wont tell Join Date: 2019-04-13 Member: 252304Members
    Hey everybody, my name's Reaper_Peeper101 and I have been playing Subnautica for a long time and I know how to get you started in the game! I also know the where-bouts of the Reaper Leviathans so you don't lose your Seamoth! I can also help you locate much needed fragments, reach out to me if you have any questions!
  • PharistPharist Join Date: 2019-04-15 Member: 252343Members
    I cant wait to see these rooms in game. Unless of course I am behind the times and just cant find the blueprints lol.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    You can get them in an early state using the "unlockallbuildables" command.
  • AWEJOKERAWEJOKER Join Date: 2018-08-30 Member: 243126Members
  • CaptNemoCaptNemo Nautilus Join Date: 2018-10-03 Member: 243934Members
    edited May 2019

My Arctic Basin Base its much large now post after this was taken

laq6e3yx3mff.jpg

pisbdh0qcpd7.jpg
  • Remedy85Remedy85 NY Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252581Members
    That looks like a long walk to the base!