Do creatures in alien containment die without power?

MarrixMarrix Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247285Members
I simply can not find the answer to this question anywhere. Example: if a sea base is run on nuclear reactor or bioreactor, and it runs out of power while i'm away, do all my critters in Alien Containment die? What happens?

Thank you! :)

Comments

• PoisonousPreyPoisonousPrey South Africa Join Date: 2019-01-15 Member: 248786Members
    This is on the Steam Community Forums =

"can the fish in the alien containment survive without power?
    i want to see it at night" - is the question.

Answers =

"I know they won't immediately die when the base loses power but idk how long they can last. Maybe indefiniitely, maybe only a few minutes. I was using purely thermal power at my primary base, feeding all the thermal plants into a power relay then chaining relays over to my base. Anyhow, I needed to reposition my thermal plants so that I could add more thermal plants to the platform I built on. My base had no power at all for maybe 5 minutes while I tore down my existing thermal plants and repositioned them and when I got back to my base all was well. I still had a tank full of Reginalds all alive and well."

"not that you mention it, i think they can die , if left unattended :(((((((((((((:"

"A related point: Ampeels will attempt to kill creatures you've got in containment, until you scare them away. They can actually zap and kill them if you let them try long enough, too.
    I know this because I built close to the northern koosh zone, in the border area at grassy plateau/mushroom forest. Ampeel decided it was dinner time and started zapping my pets through the base. Killed 1 of them, but the rest had enough health to survive many, many hits. (Cuddlefish and Boneshark)
    For some reason my Seamoth's electric defense was able to scare it away, after first blasting it with the big mushrooms off the trees via propulsion cannon.
    So... yeah. Don't let Ampeels near if you've got an aquarium going!"

Hopefully this gives you some insight to your question.
  • MarrixMarrix Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247285Members
    Yes i had found this post and read it along with many others like it. But it doesn't really answer the question because the people responding don't seem to actually know. I suspect i have to test it myself because no one else so far seems to have any experience with extended power outages and alien containment.
  • QuafferQuaffer Broadview Heights Ohio Join Date: 2018-12-24 Member: 246947Members
    Have you ever returned to an unpowered base and not found live creatures in alien containment?

No? Don`t worry about it.
  • MarrixMarrix Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247285Members
    I have never had alien containment tanks with creatures in them in an unpowered base, so i wouldn't know. If i had, i would not be asking the question, i would be answering it.
  • SamtoesSamtoes 51301 Join Date: 2019-04-16 Member: 252357Members
    idk if it is a glitch or a bug, but a long while ago i had an alien containment facility, i placed a crabsquid egg, a cuddlefish egg, and a sandshark egg in it. while i was traveling for resources some time later, it said in the corner "sandshark egg discovered", and the same for the others at varying points in time later, and i rushed home, only to find a cuddlefish and a crabsquid. my base was 370 m deep at the time, and later, when i was going to surface to do something at my mobile vehicle bay, wut did i find, but a small juvenile sandshark, just floating there, about 100m above the base w/ the alien containment! it had spawned there, apparently, and it could not move.
  • SamtoesSamtoes 51301 Join Date: 2019-04-16 Member: 252357Members
    another bug i have seen was i found an eyeye, in my alien containment, i did NOT put it there, i moved to pick it up, and it just zoomed out, straight through the air, and out the wall. in my mind i imitated mystery music
  • subnauticansubnautican bell 3111 dr Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252865Members
    Lol that somtimes happens to me but wild peepers ans outside of the containment it is so funny
  • Hunter387Hunter387 Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241853Members
    I mean I've had the probably common glitch with the non-interact-able schools of fish where they go through the walls but dang.