Xbox Full Release Graphical Options and Console Commands

ArcticWarriorArcticWarrior Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227305Members
edited December 2018 in Subnautica on Consoles
With the release of the 1.0 version on Xbox, I noticed some changes in the settings. For one, the graphics tab of the settings has much less stuff than it previously had. Now all it says is "color grading", whereas before it had all these other options including anti-aliasing, the field of view slider, etc. It was nice to be able to edit the settings before and it would be a nice addition now.
This other part is a bit more controversial and I see why they removed it. You can no longer use console commands or access the developer options in the settings menu. I understand that they want the game to be as polished as possible, however I, for one, found the commands in this game and the special settings you could change to be massively entertaining, especially in creative mode. Even if it were only available in creative, I would love to see console commands and developer options returning, possibly in a more polished way, to allow spawning of creatures and other things to spice up the creative mode experience.

Edit: Not being able to teleport is a bit annoying in creative. Also, since you can't spawn vehicles, and the MVB doesn't work underwater, you have to build all your vehicles on the surface. And if you forgot to get an item that you can't use a fabricator for before your journey, say an ion cube to activate teleporters, you have to search for one just like in survival mode.

Comments

• DrScellingtonDrScellington 68803 Join Date: 2016-07-18 Member: 220418Members
    I Agree with you Artic I was wondering why I couldn't do any console commands, my bestfriend he does survival, and or freedom and he goes invisible so the creatures don't attack him while he is getting stuff, except being in is prawn suit ; cyclops ; and seamoth but other than that it makes it easier if your also having trouble finding food and such too. It's like the Minecraft BedRock Edition now that's a copy from the PC version you can give yourself food if you need it if your stuck or on hunger. I would love to have the Developer Console and the Console Text commands.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Did you guys make sure disable console was unchecked, if you have the option?
  • zukosanzukosan Deutschland Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245185Members
    Im very dissapointed. In release version no chance to hide the HUD. Now its unplayable for me, because sometimes it will be a burn in on my OLED TV. And i dont want a burn in...

Do u think it will be a hide option like the commands in the early access version soon?
  • Ratty_UKRatty_UK United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245225Members
    edited December 2018
    Absolutely agree with this, im also using an Oled & the HUD is extremely bright.. it needs a transparency setting or an ability to hide or be dynamic.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    From another thread:
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We have a fix for the no fish/resources issue already in Microsoft certification. Hopefully it should be out very soon.

We're also working on the patch after that, getting more stability fixes in.

Console commands, the Dev Menu and the Feedback system were taken out for 1.0 release. We're hopeful to get them back in soon.
  • ArcticWarriorArcticWarrior Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227305Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    From another thread:
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We have a fix for the no fish/resources issue already in Microsoft certification. Hopefully it should be out very soon.

We're also working on the patch after that, getting more stability fixes in.

Console commands, the Dev Menu and the Feedback system were taken out for 1.0 release. We're hopeful to get them back in soon.

Hopefully the normal settings' graphical menu will be included with this too
  • smilezzsmilezz United States Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245425Members
    I would only use concole commands for changing time scale to slower. Day to night is too quik for me. I always slowed it down to .2 they could reduce what you could do with the commands as an option for bringing it back. But some options should be on slider bars in the options menu like time scale or transpant hud
  • AbjectAbject Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245131Members
    So they have definitely 100000% removed commands from Xbox? Dammit, was wondering why I could no longer continue my massive underwater hotel that no one would use.
  • ijudgeijudge United States Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238069Members
    I'd just like to have the FOV slider back in the options menu.
  • nightm4renightm4re Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247358Members
    I cant find any copper ore anywhere in my world not even in the grassy plateaus so I need to spawn some in but now because of a dumb decision i can't.
  • maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
    nightm4re wrote: »
    I cant find any copper ore anywhere in my world not even in the grassy plateaus so I need to spawn some in but now because of a dumb decision i can't.

Did you start a new game since the last update? Because that fixed resources. Since I started a new game, they've been abundant.
  • Haukk4Haukk4 Join Date: 2019-01-06 Member: 248163Members
    Found some large copper ore deposits in mushroom forest, in one of the holes/cracks in the ground there was one, then few others at random spots on the ground of the mushroom forest.
  • TheXironeTheXirone North Carolina Join Date: 2019-06-28 Member: 253520Members
    When I was playing the other day, I think I may have figured out how to access the DevConsole on Xbox. What did work most of the time (I'm not 100% sure what is it) was, I went up with LB then down with RB and then pressed every button on YXBA area and the console opened up with the ability to put commands in, just like before the full release.