Subnautica Xbox Update 1.0.0.29 Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica Xbox Update 1.0.0.29 Released - Subnautica

Subnautica on Xbox One has just received an update. 0.29 should end the scourge of missing resources, and slightly improve performance. Fixed an issue causing fish and resources to sometimes...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread ?
  • brokencodebrokencode United States Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245498Members
    So when can we expect a playable game? So far ive made it to hatching sequence by driving through the bottom of the map not knowing i was clipping through everything. And the damn hot knife bubbles. My favorite is falling through any alien structure and being able to breath underwater... you guys really suck at game design please give it up and find somthing like, a cashier sounds perfect for your dev team.
  • ZmbiGoddessPateZmbiGoddessPate South Carolina Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245499Members
    Keep up the amazing work. I love this game even with the bugs! Can't wait to see what's next from you all. ?
  • ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
    I do love the updates! Keep going!
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Brutal. I have a saved game from full launch at almost 20 hours, just got my cyclops...I've been struggling with resources but pulling it off without too many issues.

Now I find everything I've done in this save is useless since I've explored a ton and nothing will be spawned in areas you've already been to.

This is the first time I've had to wipe a save ever, and I've been here since day 1. Very annoying, hopefully there isn't anything else like the resource error in my new save file.

Thanks for the speedy patch either way, sucks to have to start over again, but I enjoy the game so much I can deal with it.
  • MadMichBEMadMichBE Belgium Join Date: 2017-09-07 Member: 232852Members
    Thank you guys. I love this game but the bugs are annoying. Just visit my old friend in the depts in creative and if you get to the lave castle the rendering is so bad. Got lost down there, well I wasn’t lost. The game just took a long time to render the map so I was at th right place when the game finally loaded everything in. I play on Xbox one x and I just can’t imagine what that would be on an Xbox one. I hope it’s fixed now. It’s a beautiful game and great story.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Umm. Is there a way to put in a new dev command for clearing the cache on the XBox? Although, hopefully this won't happen again, it could save some of these saved games if it were plausible to do.
  • Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members
    brokencode wrote: »
    So when can we expect a playable game? So far ive made it to hatching sequence by driving through the bottom of the map not knowing i was clipping through everything. And the damn hot knife bubbles. My favorite is falling through any alien structure and being able to breath underwater... you guys really suck at game design please give it up and find somthing like, a cashier sounds perfect for your dev team.

Big facts.
  • Boomfist93Boomfist93 Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245432Members
    Thank you for all of your hard work. I'm so sick of seeing all these rude comments. I truly enjoy this game and appreciate everyone that made it possible. Thank you for all of the recent progress. Keep it up!
  • HeroicZHeroicZ United States Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245509Members
    You guys did something amazing, and though it still needs work, I believe just bringing it to console was an amazing accomplishment, and a very strong reason as to why I come back to console every once in a while.. I can't wait to see the future updates and projects we will get to play.
  • psikyono1psikyono1 china Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245513Members
    When do Subnautica Xbox One version support Chinese language?
    Game preview supported Chinese language, but full version don't support.
  • daddy100daddy100 united kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245514Members
    i cant get the dev bar up for xbox one
  • CrustyGrapeCrustyGrape United States Join Date: 2018-03-03 Member: 238530Members
    daddy100 wrote: »
    i cant get the dev bar up for xbox one
    DEV console and Dev menu is no longer available due to the games full release.
  • brokencodebrokencode United States Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245498Members
    Congratulations saving crashes game. Terrain doesn't load in properly, can see sub and structures accross map through supposedly solid terrain. Honestly the only fix your team may have is a full delete and rebuild. Like said cashier.
  • unholysureshotunholysureshot Uk Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245220Members
    Gutted that I'm going to lose 12hs of game play
    But nothing more annoying that being unable to find the resorces I need
    Thanks for the patch guys keep up the good work
  • SpruehwurstSpruehwurst Germany Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245523Members
    That I have to start a new game does not bother me at all! Because Subnautica is a terrific game and I would start it 1000 times again.

Greetings from the Xbox player

X Spruehwurst X

( Sorry sorry for my bad English :D )
  • SeanKHSeanKH Severn, MD Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223263Members
    Great job guys, don't let any negative comments discourage your work. This game, once optimized, has greatness written all over it. So for me the growing pains are well worth the wait. Keep at it!
  • pauliepaulie Join Date: 2018-07-07 Member: 242010Members
    Excellent news, and very happy i didn't have to wait months for this update. Starting a new game won't be a issue because its so fun and relaxing.
  • LordDuncanLordDuncan Cincinnati Ohio Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245500Members
    I've already beaten the game multiple times I was having fun using the console commands to build goofy bases but since the last update it doesn't work anymore. Is that going to be reimplemented soon? I have seen on The message board that one of you guys said it would be on the next update so is that this update?
  • rldt8rldt8 Atlantic Canada Join Date: 2018-12-05 Member: 245152Members
    Thanks for the update guys! There are still some issues especially with docking with the cyclops...nevertheless, your work is amazing and you had the courage to port to Xbox from PC which is a big undertaking. Some people will never be satisfied no matter what you do so "use" the constructive comments and bug reports and "ignore" the negativity. You're doing great work and as another user said, I would restart this game 1000 times if I had to. Courage guys...you're getting there and we're with you all the way!!!!
  • JAMS0JAMS0 USA, VA Join Date: 2017-05-17 Member: 230585Members
    This makes me mad. Not gonna lie. Starting a new game!?!? I just started a new game for the 100th time. Have been playing sense 9 months after Xbox preview launch. Game was almost unplayable back then. Have stuck with you guys through thick and thin, mostly a lot of thick... I quit playing there for a bit waiting for you to finish a 1.0 version for Xbox with achievements and performance enhancements. I play on an X1X and after 1.0 lunch I started a new game! The achievements were wonderful to see pop up, but performance still spotty. I was really looking forward to purchasing a Subnaitca disc. But I have to say I’m discouraged to do so. There are thousands of games on Xbox to choose from. Get your scrap together guys.
  • lena0827lena0827 Join Date: 2017-06-06 Member: 230976Members
    Thanks so much for all of your hard work!
  • Boomfist93Boomfist93 Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245432Members
    Got home from work last night and hopped on Subanutica after seeing an update. I was very impressed with the increased stability. The view distance is so much better, it looks incredible. Also my resource spawn issue was fixed. Very good job! Keep up the hard work. Love this game!
  • killa5635killa5635 Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245486Members
    I wish I could play the game but I’m can’t get past the first loading screen if anyone can help me fix it that would be nice.
  • davokerdavoker España Join Date: 2018-08-09 Member: 242747Members
    For when a PC update? or will not anything be updated until Bellow Zero comes out? T_T
  • DownumDownum Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245556Members
    I have played a bit of the xbox one subnautica (before the full release and full release) and my word its a great game. But in 2 save files, creative and survival, i just CAN'T find the drill arm fragments nor some of the Cyclops fragments, which makes me sad cause I just cannot progress further in survival. I know you guys have a lot of work already, but please fix this problem. Thank you and keep up the hard work!
  • TalkyTikiTalkyTiki Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245564Members
    Anyone having problems with terrain loading in? After this update, I keep running into "stop loading" areas.
  • jblack143jblack143 Waynesboro Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245571Members
    My experience tonight was disappointing. I love this game. Played the game preview til i got to parts that were unplayable. Tonight before i played i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it completely and then i started a new game. No resource nodes of any kind could be found anywhere. I booted up my old save and hopped in my seamoth and went for a tour of the map to see if the pop in had gotten any better. It performed moderately well in the shallows and in the red grass zones but then i got to the mushroom forest and everything went downhill. It got so bad i had to stop and wait for 15 seconds til it loaded. Went to the koosh ball zone and it performed moderately well. Backtracked and went to the sparse reef with few issues. Mushroom forest and kelp zones had bad pop in. Was beginning my trek down to the grand reef from the sparse reef and my game crashed. At no point during my ride in the seamoth did i see a single resource node
  • lemmylemmy United States Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245572Members
    So, after the update, I restarted the entire game. Resources still not respawning. Now I'm stuck. On the Aurora, it will not allow me to input the code to enter the cargo bay. If I even get close to the cargo bay door or the key pad, the screen starts messing up. The further I get away from it, the screens starts balance back out. I don't understand how you can do a full product release with bugs this bad. I'm not hating on you guys at all. I love this game. But, now I'm able to play less of it than I was as before. And I don't mean time wise. I literally can't progress the game any further.
  • Larsboy051Larsboy051 USA Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245584Members
    My experience with the game tonight was discouraging to say the least. I was playing for about two hours, got a bunch of stuff done, even built my first cyclops, and then when I went to save my game it crashed. When I went back into the game everything i had done was gone. So I started to grind to get it all back for about an hour, and once I was back where I was I went to go save and it crashed again and everything was once again gone. When I played the game before it was fully released I never had this problem and I must say it is definitely a game breaking bug. I love this game but I don't even want to play it if I'm just going to be wasting my time since it crashes every time I try to save it.