PRAWN suit blueprint error!

Brody_BlueBrody_Blue Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-06-28 Member: 231444Members
edited July 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Okay so i dont know if this has been happening for anybody else but I scanned 3 of the 4 fragments inside of the Aurora whilst exploring, I then had to do something and naturally saved and quit so I could come back and continue later.

When i reopened my game I later realised that the PDA wasnt showing the scanned fragments. Usually it would say 3/4 or something but nothing was there so I scanned the 4th fragment and it said I had 3 more to go.

Every time I save and quit and get back in all the fragments of the Prawn suit I scanned disappear from my blueprints manager and resets to 0 which is frustrating cause I spent a lot of time getting into the Aurora ;~;

please help!

v50032

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
  • xpurexskillxxpurexskillx Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231745Members
    @Brody_Blue
    I had this happen to me too. I just ended up doing what 0x6A7232 said, and used the unlock command to get the blueprint as a work around.
  • LinsanLinsan Portugal Join Date: 2017-07-19 Member: 231923Members
    Exactly the same thing to me but for other (maybe all) blueprints also. They reset to 0 for some reason. (I'm using the latest version ofc).
    Wanted to go for a full playthrough but it's unplayable like this. (Unless you use console ofc which defeats the challenge of searching for wrecks).
    Cheers
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    the mod station resets aswell
  • LinsanLinsan Portugal Join Date: 2017-07-19 Member: 231923Members
    Ok i confirm. Blueprint hunting is impossible in this patch. Basically what happens is when you pick up different blueprints than the one you are collecting, it will reset the ones with progression. Makes the game unplayable without console. I'm done with this patch.
  • RebmesRebmes Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230074Members
    I scanned all 4 Prawn suits in the Aurora during the same session, but when I went over to build it, realized I don't have the recipe - I'm still at 3/20. I never got the chance to build a Prawn suit - I guess I better find the rest of those 20 fragments now.

Sorry for the necropost, but this particular problem deserves a little extra attention ^^
  • xentenxenten Join Date: 2018-10-09 Member: 244050Members
    I am pretty sure it was to do with the new |small prawn suit parts| not being fully implemented and from my own coding experience they should add a new tag to the |Fragment base file| allowing for |scan worth| and make it so each full |prawn suit fragment| rewards 5 pieces of the blueprint while a |broken off arm| allows only 1. Although if we are going to be completely honest you can already get yourself a full prawn suit in the auroras prawn bay. ||although the prawn fragments in the bay could partially be removed:)!
    Tldr:it is early implementation of smaller prawn suit parts.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited October 2018
    xenten wrote: »
    I am pretty sure it was to do with the new |small prawn suit parts| not being fully implemented and from my own coding experience they should add a new tag to the |Fragment base file| allowing for |scan worth| and make it so each full |prawn suit fragment| rewards 5 pieces of the blueprint while a |broken off arm| allows only 1. Although if we are going to be completely honest you can already get yourself a full prawn suit in the auroras prawn bay. ||although the prawn fragments in the bay could partially be removed:)!
    Tldr:it is early implementation of smaller prawn suit parts.

Not really, this bug was happening on many different blueprints. Restarting the game reset blueprints, not just PRAWN. This was already fixed. Why bump a thread for a bug that no longer exists?
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    I also had a similar problem, with the habitat foundation blueprint disappearing for a while. (latest stable build)
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    BlueBottle wrote: »
    I also had a similar problem, with the habitat foundation blueprint disappearing for a while. (latest stable build)

That is a different bug entirely, and quite odd. What would cause that?
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Yeah, quite weird considering that blueprint is normally supplied from the start. Came good after reloading the game a couple of times.
  • BarnBarn Join Date: 2018-10-21 Member: 244261Members
    Is there a console command for enabling noclip?