Forced VR mode launch

BladeofDismay1BladeofDismay1 United States Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216497Members
edited September 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
There are many band aids that the community has been tossing around. The main one being using "-vrmode none" in advanced" options. This does work but not every time. I have to start up and close my game multiple times before it will work properly but now I can't seem to get it to start properly at all. There is also the option when it starts up to use VR mode or not. This doesn't affect anything either so I'm not sure why that option is even there. I've searched multiple threads regarding this issue but they don't seem to get any attention from the Devs and I'm not sure why as it makes a game we paid for unplayable as others with this issue are aware of. It's not something you can try and ignore and keep playing, the game literally will not play.

It baffles me to see them working on a whole new game for subnautica with such a devastating unresolved issue such as this. Is this an issue that they just gave up on? I'm sorry to seem so up in arms about this but I played the early release for a year or so and left to come back when the game was completed. I was extremely hyped to play the full version however I didn't expect to come back to an unplayable version of one of my favorite games in the world. Is this something we can see a solution to? Any other creative ways to band aid it that I'm not aware of? If I can get any feedback to be able to play this game again I'd be super appreciative but any further games from Unknown Worlds will likely not be purchased by me again.

Comments