FINALLY, a fully developed game with a satisfying ending!

tanelorntanelorn usa Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219433Members
We've all been there, put in dozens of hours into a game only to experience the most rushed, piecemeal ending that the devs threw together in their last development hours, already overbudget and pushing their deadlines.

Well Unknown Worlds didn't go that route. They gave us an ending that you FEEL emotion as you experience it. Bravo!

My only non-positive feedback for the whole game is that the predator AI was very weak, killing alot of immersion. Other than that, this was the best game experience I've had perhaps ever, and I've been gaming since the '80s. So long all, and thank's for all the fish!
U5IbjTV.jpg

Comments

• FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members
    What do you mean about the predator AI? Because I feel more immersed with them not hunting me forever, and instead going after easier prey. Or at least not hunting me to the ends of the ocean. Unless it's the fact that they lose interest after one bite.... Which is understandable, but balancing.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2018
    TBH, in some rare cases I find the AI a bit strange, most of them behave quite natural. Not the unending hunting mode you're suggesting. HOWEVER, can someone explain to me why an insanely huge Seadragon is so damn pissed off at the player's presence, shooting fireballs for days. Instead of just shooting a single one as it does with other creatures, or heck... just ignore my tiny self.

It would be like a human constantly declaring war on any ant walking near him :D
  • VHDVHD United States Join Date: 2018-07-03 Member: 241885Members
    Although the ending was there (and pretty good), I think the early/middle were *so* good that they actually made the end game look a bit weak!

That being said, it brought closure and kept the gameplay on target.

I definitely agree about Subnautica being one of the best gaming experiences I've had (right up there with Dark Souls, Super Metroid, and Chrono Trigger)! I just wish the technical performance was a little better (to get better immersion). Eliminating pop-in and fixing a few physics bugs would go a long ways.