Ideas for Subnautica

Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
Why not have more of those little animations that you guys make for like opening and closing doors climbing ladders in the base I just love those little animations plus I just find it a little odd when you click the ladder in the base and you just teliport to the top i would love an animation for that also the people who died on the planet where are there body's? And in one of the logs it said rain was deteriorating the bases on the island so what about weather and also maybe a little more friction when walking on the island I usually fall climbing up the mountains as well as the jumping Is a little short I don't know how many times I fell through the gap up the mountain. Also maybe a little more detail on the islands it I love the way it looks but it doesn't look like it's alive the eye crabs also just fly all over the place flipping and turning all over the place also a Cyclops doc would be nice. I don't know what it's called but when you enter the base shouldn't there be a room were it drains the water before you enter the base so it doesn't look like you open the door and enter without any water poring in I just thought that didn't look realistic I'm not trying to criticize your game I'm trying to give you ideas because I love your game so much and I would like to help it become even better. ^^

Comments

• RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    Weather is coming in the expansion(I saw it confirmed somewhere). The room you're talking about which drains the water is called an airlock. I always thought that the hatch was designed in such a way as to use air pressure to keep the water out.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    If the air pressure was high enough to keep the water out, it would be high enough to keep you out as well.
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    But still what about opening a hatch in the deep don't you think it would fill up with water like in reality? I believe having airlocks would be cool and it would give a sense of realism.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    An airlock would add realism, yes, but it would also add time to getting in and out of a base or vehicle, so from a gameplay perspective it may not be that great of an idea. Considering how often a player leaves and enters their base, doubling the amount of time it takes would get annoying pretty fast. Otherwise, chalk it up to Alterra space-magic, IMO. :3
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    I'm just saying an airlock would be nice plus it might take up time but would that be bad? It's not like there's any time to take up plus I just love the little things like the animation of doing things was always something I loved about the game.
  • AmadeoneAmadeone YES Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230194Members
    I'm just saying an airlock would be nice plus it might take up time but would that be bad? It's not like there's any time to take up plus I just love the little things like the animation of doing things was always something I loved about the game.

If it would take up time, it would get annoying. VERY annoying. And people would not like it.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    You can simulate an airlock with bulkheads, though it doesn't actually fill with water. I tend to do that just because I think it's more realistic (and gives a little bit of structure as well).
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    I yearn for airlocks
  • CagiestTurtle20CagiestTurtle20 Join Date: 2018-02-27 Member: 238367Members
    You don't need an airlock if you enter from underneath. Cyclops uses this concept but why not bases, seamoth, and prawn. Water can't enter unless air escapes. Airlocks should be only used if not entering from underneath.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    edited June 2018
    Yes, down to a certain depth. For real world physics water will only be stopped from entering an opened floor hatch when the air pressure can balance the water pressure. So good for shallower bases at least.

Seems the Cyclops was designed with a proper two door airloock compartment (the "Diving Chamber"), but its function was never implemented. Be nice if it was.