Cyclops "Auto-Pilot" Feature Request

Goldengoose7Goldengoose7 California USA Join Date: 2018-04-26 Member: 240346Members
edited May 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
I would like to at least have the ability to set the throttle to speed and have it remain at that setting, so I can leave the helm and do other things on the bridge while the ship is traveling to a set course. (Primarily for surface travel and not while submerged at depth)

Waypoints would be even better. If the solo player could program a course into the boat's computer and have it execute that course on its own without player intervention, that would again be a welcome feature.

I find it odd that we need to hold down the throttle on such a large vessel. This goes against how real boats, ships and subs actually work in the real world.

They don't have GAS PEDALS. They have THROTTLES that STAY PUT where you leave them.

Ask anyone who owns a boat.

Comments

• UnyccUnycc Join Date: 2018-04-29 Member: 240422Members
    I like those ideas! Especially that course recording feature.
    I imagine it being something like this: (CoursePlay Mod in Farming Simulator)
    Maybe someone can at least create a mod for Subnautica (if there is one please tell me).
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I suggested a cruise control feature a long time ago, even for swimming or using the Seaglide. A lot of games have an auto-run toggle at the very least. Why not give this option to the vehicles, too?

Some of us are getting old and our hands aren't what they used to be. Not having to hold down the W key all the dang time would be really great.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Yep, I've mentioned this before... Also gimme a speedometer while we're at it :D
  • bohdakerbohdaker usa Join Date: 2018-05-11 Member: 240653Members
    bump+1 . Autopilot for better efficiency
  • andalite5andalite5 United States Join Date: 2018-05-05 Member: 240555Members
    This would make navigating the shallows that much less stressful/annoying. I approve
  • ArcticWarriorArcticWarrior Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227305Members
    This would be a nice feature, but I don't think that they would be able to easily implement the ability for you to walk around while it is moving. I have occasionally had fish (and my cuddlefish) stuck into my cyclops. When I start to move, they don't move as well. They are either slammed into the front of the ship or the back, taking damage. This would probably happen to the player also, since there are currently no instances where the player moves without YOU controlling them.

Even with that, an autopilot function would be nice, we just may not be able to leave the helm. Even just a toggle for the throttle button would be helpful.

As a side note, back when the cyclops was indestructible, I would take it down with the sea dragon and let it take a beating. Whenever I left the helm and the sea dragon smashed my cyclops, my character go flying and hit the walls and occasionally go through them outside because the cyclops was moving and I was not.
  • Migel_O_HaraMigel_O_Hara Join Date: 2018-05-27 Member: 240962Members
    Why Cyclops autopilot the whole point in running)
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Why Cyclops autopilot the whole point in running)

If the cyclops has an autopilot, that won't give it no purpose. It will enhance it. It would still need to run on power because autopilot don't mean infinite power.