Put things up to date - list of "stuff" -- upd. 84--

RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
edited March 2018 in Subnautica on Consoles
Hi, I know there are a few lists on here already which state bugs etc. , But I thought it would be quite handy when this is put against the 84 update. Therefor I start this new post. Admin, feel free to incorporate this into other bugs list if you feel the necessity.
So again, this is what I encounter when playing Subnautica on Xbox One with update 84. I haven't played SN before this. I'm about 12 hours in and will add to this list when needed. The feedback option from within Xbox is too cumbersome and it leaves myself without any feedback whatsoever.

1. a LOT of popup and draw in when reaching sea bottom lower than 60m, occasional slowdown
2. many PDA text are still in English (playing on Dutch)
3. audio files won't play in PDA
4. navigating the blueprints tree in PDA sometimes gets stuck
5. a little reminder on the HUD as to which button does what would be appreciated, because sometimes it's confusing when to press A, when RT and when LT. i.e. navigating the PDA when in the Seamoth often gets me outside when I mistakenly press B to exit the PDA.
6. maybe better to reserve B to exit dialogs and PDA etc. Buttons X and Y are almost never used. Reserve X for vehicle actions and Y for vehicle exits maybe?
7. first loading takes 165 seconds
8. confirmation to overwrite existing save please
9. please give us more than 1 save slot
10. it's far too easy to accidentally drop an item and hassle to get it back or to even lose it to the open ocean. Button Y to drop something would be far better as RT is quickly mindwired to "USE". Button binding in general is not consistent as sometimes RT is needed and other times LT to use an item.
11. this is a BIGGIE : micro managing the inventory when you want to craft is completely bonkers. Why do you have to have everything needed for crafting on your person? Can't there be a perimeter in which every cabinet and storage space is seen as 'readily available' ?Like 30m circumference and everything that's connected via base.
12. in certain areas the camera drones are useless as the effing Stalkers keep playing with it. I mean really useless. They also steal them from the base.
13. it would be really convenient if you could lock/unlock items in the personal inventory so that they are not removed and certainly not dropped by accident. Tools and machinery are a good example. As inventory management is such a big thing and you have to unload many items very frequently, it should be made as hassle free as possible. Unloading 10 titaniums and accidentally also unload the scanner or battery right after them happens really often.
14. when in the seamoth and most probably every vehicle, when you're browsing the PDA hitting B (see 5) makes you exit said vehicle. This is not good. Even when the game is in PAUSE, pushing B will have you exit the vehicle.
15. when the base units are above sea level, you cannot get on top of them and as such you can't place a solar panel on the roof.
16. when a structural plate is placed at sea level, you can swim right through it but cannot get on it
17. and when you then think you're clever and jump-park the seamoth on top of that plate, because you want someting to stand on to get on the roof of your base to place a solar panel (hahahahaha), you cannot get the Seamoth back into the water. It's just lost (the game won't let you remove the structural plate because the Seamoth is on top of it). Nice to look at though.

.... will add

Comments

• RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    edited March 2018
    Continued......

18. highlighting any icon in the PDA produces a small explanatory box. These boxes are ALWAYS in an annoying place. They obscure way too much of the screen/rest of the PDA
    19. having totally no animation for ascending/descending ladders is really quick but also weird

edited April 2018
    20. having to have everything for crafting on your person is a cannonball path to using the devconsole. Not good!
    21. the window for grabbing things works well when punching stones, not so well when slicing coral. Don't forget this is Xbone with controller, not a PC with a high precision mouse. (Likewise I never play any FPS with a controller). But I actually think it's an animation issue: slicing takes longer so the palnt has a bit more time to sink. Plants shouls not sink as fast as metals.
    22. run should be on toggle: click once, then run until you stop moving. Just like in all other games. Holding down L is not easy.
    23. repairing things is an action that gives very little feedback (you understand what I mean :) )
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    Rbox wrote: »
    Hi, I know there are a few lists on here already which state bugs etc. , But I thought it would be quite handy when this is put against the 84 update. Therefor I start this new post. Admin, feel free to incorporate this into other bugs list if you feel the necessity.
    So again, this is what I encounter when playing Subnautica on Xbox One with update 84. I haven't played SN before this. I'm about 12 hours in and will add to this list when needed. The feedback option from within Xbox is too cumbersome and it leaves myself without any feedback whatsoever.

1. a LOT of popup and draw in when reaching sea bottom lower than 60m, occasional slowdown
    2. many PDA text are still in English (playing on Dutch)
    3. audio files won't play in PDA
    4. navigating the blueprints tree in PDA sometimes gets stuck
    5. a little reminder on the HUD as to which button does what would be appreciated, because sometimes it's confusing when to press A, when RT and when LT. i.e. navigating the PDA when in the Seamoth often gets me outside when I mistakenly press B to exit the PDA.
    6. maybe better to reserve B to exit dialogs and PDA etc. Buttons X and Y are almost never used. Reserve X for vehicle actions and Y for vehicle exits maybe?
    7. first loading takes 165 seconds
    8. confirmation to overwrite existing save please
    9. please give us more than 1 save slot
    10. it's far too easy to accidentally drop an item and hassle to get it back or to even lose it to the open ocean. Button Y to drop something would be far better as RT is quickly mindwired to "USE". Button binding in general is not consistent as sometimes RT is needed and other times LT to use an item.
    11. this is a BIGGIE : micro managing the inventory when you want to craft is completely bonkers. Why do you have to have everything needed for crafting on your person? Can't there be a perimeter in which every cabinet and storage space is seen as 'readily available' ?Like 30m circumference and everything that's connected via base.
    12. in certain areas the camera drones are useless as the effing Stalkers keep playing with it. I mean really useless. They also steal them from the base.
    13. it would be really convenient if you could lock/unlock items in the personal inventory so that they are not removed and certainly not dropped by accident. Tools and machinery are a good example. As inventory management is such a big thing and you have to unload many items very frequently, it should be made as hassle free as possible. Unloading 10 titaniums and accidentally also unload the scanner or battery right after them happens really often.
    14. when in the seamoth and most probably every vehicle, when you're browsing the PDA hitting B (see 5) makes you exit said vehicle. This is not good. Even when the game is in PAUSE, pushing B will have you exit the vehicle.
    15. when the base units are above sea level, you cannot get on top of them and as such you can't place a solar panel on the roof.
    16. when a structural plate is placed at sea level, you can swim right through it but cannot get on it
    17. and when you then think you're clever and jump-park the seamoth on top of that plate, because you want someting to stand on to get on the roof of your base to place a solar panel (hahahahaha), you cannot get the Seamoth back into the water. It's just lost (the game won't let you remove the structural plate because the Seamoth is on top of it). Nice to look at though.

.... will add

I agree with alot of your points, but to the last one. Seamoth stuck on the above water foundation plate. If you have it, try using the repulsar canon to shove the seamoth off the plate. Might take a couple blasts to do it, but it should work.

I have noticed working with my prawn suit is getting more problematic. I'll just be walking around the sea floor with the prawn and just clip through the ground into a free fall, at that point not even console commands "warpme" "teleport me" "base" doesn't do anything
    edited April 2018
    24. when you don't appear on the rendezvous with the Sunbeam, you have no clue as to where the Island is later. Because the location marker disapears after the Sunbeam event.
    25. the wreck with the Vehicle upgrade station blueprints takes 12 seconds to be drawn (as do all other larger wrecks). If not searched for intentionally, you'll never see them when en route.
    26. it's easy to jump into the water at the alien Gun and fall into/through the walls of the base and get stuck

----entry 3. seems to be OK now. Highlight arrow and press A
    27. Energy cells last too long. I'm +100 hours game-time. I only had to change the energy cells for the Prawn once. Seamoth: once. With the automatic recharging when docked, there is little need to ever change them unless you're on a very lengthy walk-about (my first outing in the Lost River was the only time ).
    28. Sonar sound for Cyclops is just wrong. Who on earth chose that weak-ass 'bl1eh' sound instead of the one that everyone knows a sonar should make? That nice PINGgggggg from those 50's / 60's war movies.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited April 2018
    29. Player continues to be damaged when entering vehicle in brine, until vehicle leaves brine. This is not intended behavior, as vehicles can freely enter brine with the player inside, and a player can stop brine damage by leaving brine (basically, the game isn't triggering that a player being damaged by brine is no longer in brine if they enter a vehicle that's parked in said brine).
    edited April 2018
    30. doing a preliminary navigation run to the Lost River with the Seamoth is completely undoable. (Or to set up a Scan room.) Not because of depth, but because the scenery won't load quick enough to move properly. And when you then get chased by a Ghost leviathan, it's all over very quickly.
    31. lifepod 2 's signal vanishes after contact. This is bummer because
    it shows an entrance to the Lost River.
    Other lifepods' signals stay and most are much less important locations. (same mishap as 24. -so maybe this is intentional????)

---And I think that's it for this list (by me). Because I'm at the point where SN just isn't fun anymore because the performance can't keep up with gameplay. I'll proceed when 1.0 for Xbox is out. Gonna try creative for now maybe...
  • shockshock Join Date: 2018-04-27 Member: 240352Members
    Rbox wrote: »

On multiple occasions, this popup has resulted in either myself or a vehicle getting to a place it shouldn't. And when the draw in finally occurs, the vehicle gets stuck and is not retrievable. This is by far the most frustrating issue on the XBOX.

Disappearing beacons is another frustration.

There are also interface issues where the cursor is can be invisible inside the PDA and you can't tell which item you have selected.

It should be easier to manage which tools you have on your quickbar. I spent too much time swapping things around because you have more tools than slots and when adding one, you frequently take another off that you didn't want to remove
  • EridianVaultEridianVault Join Date: 2018-05-14 Member: 240709Members
    If you could make an emergency escape pod, what would you need?
  • derekj89derekj89 United States Join Date: 2018-05-19 Member: 240820Members
    Hi I seem to have encountered a bug where the game is stuck loading at the main screen. If anyone who has any experience with this could either point me in the right direction or pm me I'd really appreciate it. The game is completely unplayable as it will not go farther than loading after pressing menu at the main title screen.