Subnatica xbox1

beasttime93beasttime93 Join Date: 2018-04-18 Member: 240158Members
So.. let's be honest the xbox1 version is shit. It just is. It got so bad i stopped playing all togeather and wish i could get my money back i generally love these kind of games but this is ridiculous. We haven't had an update I a while. The game glitches like crazy. It lags like a turtle pulling 200 pounds of weight behind it. It crashes all the time. Hell i can't even set up a base near my emergency pod without it flippen getting attacked by a stupid laviathan. So just come out and tell us the truth. That the game won't ever finish. And it won't be fixed we been bitchin for a while I've messaged 15 people 2 who work for this company and no one responded that was weeks ago. We need an update for what's going on. We feel cheated and ripped off. Like no man'ssly but under water

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Don't blame UWE, blame Microsoft's stupid certification process. Fixes and squashed bugs could've been implemented months ago if Xbox didn't take forever to do anything.

And then there's the simple fact of, you're playing a graphically overhauled game on an XBox, the equivalent to a low-end PC. Lagging is pretty much inevitable with how both the game is set up, as well as how the XBox is set up.

I'm no PC master race person, but XBox is certainly limiting in more than one case.
  • Goldengoose7Goldengoose7 California USA Join Date: 2018-04-26 Member: 240346Members
    edited May 2018
    The game isn't exactly smooth as silk on a top of the line custom built gaming PC either. I built one, and Subnautica is one of the most glitchy/frame ratey games in my library. Lots of odd micro-stutters, pauses, lag or whatever you want to call it.

Even when running at 1080p, which for my machine is normally a total cakewalk compared to the Native 4k resolution I usually run all my games at. (3840x2160)
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    The game certainly runs and looks better on my old PC than on the XBox, but in general the XBox version is a hell of a lot more stable than it used to be. There was a time where it was basically unplayable, but for me at least, that was many months ago. Once they got the bug with the Unity engine fixed (which turned out to be something about a date/time zone issue, of all things) it's worked pretty well.

I know it feels bad to have the game not work right, but this is what you get when getting a pre-release version like this. Sure it can be frustrating, but the purpose of playing games in this state is only partly for entertainment. We do this to help improve the game as it's developed through our feedback and bug reports. If that's not something you understood going in, then maybe it's something to keep in mind for the future.

And yes, please lay off UWE. They're working as hard as they can and the major bottleneck is Microsoft's certification process.
  • HiguideHiguide NJ Join Date: 2017-04-03 Member: 229385Members
    even PCs with with decked out with monster specs has problems running the game, even its not quite there yet in terms of optimizing the game. i mean hell they even the tweaked the engine to the point where its basically its own engine, still called "Unity Engine" for legal reasons. no one likes a baby, its been playable on xbox for year, before it was an effing slideshow, now runs a lot better now since only thing they need to do is the optimization update\launch.
  • beasttime93beasttime93 Join Date: 2018-04-18 Member: 240158Members
    Skope wrote: »
    Don't blame UWE, blame Microsoft's stupid certification process. Fixes and squashed bugs could've been implemented months ago if Xbox didn't take forever to do anything.

And then there's the simple fact of, you're playing a graphically overhauled game on an XBox, the equivalent to a low-end PC. Lagging is pretty much inevitable with how both the game is set up, as well as how the XBox is set up.

I'm no PC master race person, but XBox is certainly limiting in more than one case.

I was wondering if it had something to do with Microsoft or if it was simply just the configuration to xbox from pc that caused issues
    The game isn't exactly smooth as silk on a top of the line custom built gaming PC either. I built one, and Subnautica is one of the most glitchy/frame ratey games in my library. Lots of odd micro-stutters, pauses, lag or whatever you want to call it.

Even when running at 1080p, which for my machine is normally a total cakewalk compared to the Native 4k resolution I usually run all my games at. (3840x2160)

I have a friend (one who recommend the game) says she never has problems on it and I'm just like lucky as heck
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    The game certainly runs and looks better on my old PC than on the XBox, but in general the XBox version is a hell of a lot more stable than it used to be. There was a time where it was basically unplayable, but for me at least, that was many months ago. Once they got the bug with the Unity engine fixed (which turned out to be something about a date/time zone issue, of all things) it's worked pretty well.

I know it feels bad to have the game not work right, but this is what you get when getting a pre-release version like this. Sure it can be frustrating, but the purpose of playing games in this state is only partly for entertainment. We do this to help improve the game as it's developed through our feedback and bug reports. If that's not something you understood going in, then maybe it's something to keep in mind for the future.

And yes, please lay off UWE. They're working as hard as they can and the major bottleneck is Microsoft's certification process.

Are they even workin on it? I've asked a few times and been told they stopped tryin to fix it for xbox release that they are simply workin onnn pc only now because microsoft is being a bitch about it
    elfcrisis wrote: »

Are they even workin on it? I've asked a few times and been told they stopped tryin to fix it for xbox release that they are simply workin onnn pc only now because microsoft is being a bitch about it

Also also no i didn't get that they were fixing it through our bug report and stuff because when i tried reporting bugs they said i needed otherization.
    And to get that i needed to go to a site. But i needed permission from the other site to get otherization to get into the second site but couldn't get into either of them and i tried doin it for half hour or so
  • SimonJester83SimonJester83 Join Date: 2018-05-07 Member: 240586Members
    Been playing Subnautica since December on XboneX and can confirm that current state is glitchy, crashy and very unstable. I can't even imagine how it's on regular Xbone if it's performing like this on X.

Worst thing in my play experience is loading pop-ins, causing you to get trapped in any kind of structure (spent ~2 hours looking for wreck in mushroom forest, until I gave up, and then it magically materialised itself around me).

Going forward, lack of communication is a concern. All the latest post from devs are usually revolving around DLC and PC, and 0 interest in Xbox and patching this horrible performance. Last patch released didn't fix any critical issues (but ye, that PDA closing thing was annoying tho). Performance is still bad, even worse if you build any decent base (less than 10 MPR's, and it's lagging as hell).

Blaming MS and certification makes no sense. It's even easier for UWE for patching process as they are part of "Preview programme" as MS have dedicated team just for patching/certification for programme members. Even if that is not the case, MS will delay/stop patching if patch can introduce problems/damage to the consoles. Being that, if MS is stopping the patch for Subnautica, perhaps ask UWE what's wrong with their patch?

At any rate, SN is nice game, and interesting project. Hopefully, it will be brought to normal state in which you can actually play it soon enough. And during the wait, I would appreciate occasional dev's update saying at least "Hey guys, we haven't forgotten ya" instead of constant blabbering about DLC. This is becoming Ark 2.0 it seems, and I would hate SN project go to waste like that.