PRAWN "Crouching" feature, (thread no longer needed?)

DreadgeNoughtDreadgeNought Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238486Members
edited May 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
Note: if a mod could close or remove this thread,
would be ok as is not needed such as better terrain mapping/collision detection is added.

ghu3vn1okrnw.jpg

It isn't fun to fall through the world in your Prawn Suit.
It isn't fun either to get stuck in open space areas near an entrance big enough to a cave to go into but not to leave back out of.

It seems like a basic thing as how the Prawn Suit can crouch as seen on land when you exit, that it could hunker down to get smaller to not be stuck in tight areas such also that maps be more robust against letting you in places you would get stuck in....

If in such a place the suit would crouch to let one pass with code to keep one from being stuck, it would help a lot.
(along with making the Prawn Suit more viable when exploring cave systems in future expansions / updates)

Thoughts, Suggestions, Ideas? (past just not going into caves with the Exosuit, lolz) B)

Comments

• ResilientPanda0ResilientPanda0 Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233359Members
    Actually there is a crouch mode for the prawn if you go on land and get out of the prawn suit you will see the prawn suit crouched so you can enter its storage and get in it
  • DreadgeNoughtDreadgeNought Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238486Members
    Actually there is a crouch mode for the prawn if you go on land and get out of the prawn suit you will see the prawn suit crouched so you can enter its storage and get in it

I said that in my post.

I'm suggesting sense this is the case, having it as a "thing" it can do with you in it when openings are a tight fit and one cannot get through standing, to stop from getting stuck as much in the Prawn.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members

That doesn't affect the request of this post at all. They suggested a crouch while moving, not when getting out.

I agree, crouch mechanics for the Prawn and the Player would be enjoyable. Making some obstacles that require it would be nice too, like debris in the Aurora.
    An additional idea/thought......... Like when in the Cyclops at the Helm,

So too could on both cases having a "lights" function be had that when one is looking upwards all the way more than would be normal for operations, one could use somewhere on the HUD to have commands for Lights and Crouching along with a "Floating Jumping" mode on/off for the Thrusters.

That when above a level for a full sec or so (or via the Scroll Wheel?), one could move the selector.
    From there one can 'left click' to hit each keypad panel they need for what they want to do.
    In this way one could turn off the lights, crouch, or set something....
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I don't think crouching is a thing in the future, even Scuba Steve cannot do or understand it :tongue:
    To be fair with better map design / generation + 'environmental detection' by vehicle systems and collision modeling, this kind of thing shouldn't matter so much, lolz.....

(Though having more system options could still be a good thing)