Personal Teleporting

EternalGolemEternalGolem Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223650Members
Problem: Quickly getting from A to B to grab that 1 resource needed to complete recipe. And beacons are useless mostly.
Solution: Personal teleporters, only to PDA markers.
Reasoning: Warpers warp using Highly advanced technology. We have highly advance technology. Possibly compatible?
Ability obtainment: After scanning Warper parts (DRF), PDA takes 3 in game days to process a formula/ blueprint. But it takes tons of power.
Resource gathering: Late game items, advanced materials and tech, rare items.
Usage: 4x4 inventory size device that teleports the player to any marker/beacon within 500m. Takes a whole power cell to do this once. (Ion power cells are optimum, distance subject to change).

Comments

• catazoancatazoan Join Date: 2018-03-14 Member: 239053Members
    sounds like a good idea but I feel it shouldn't cost that much power as it's main use for me at least would be gathering power cells to the volcano area for my cyclops which would take multiple jumps so i feel it would work if it wasn't quite is costly on power or teleports reach further but i would definitely like this in-game either way
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    catazoan wrote: »
    sounds like a good idea but I feel it shouldn't cost that much power as it's main use for me at least would be gathering power cells to the volcano area for my cyclops which would take multiple jumps so i feel it would work if it wasn't quite is costly on power or teleports reach further but i would definitely like this in-game either way

But if it didn't use so much power, it would be too op.
  • Sniperfox47Sniperfox47 Edmonton Join Date: 2014-03-06 Member: 194545Members
    Or to make it a little more tightly linked to the other alien technology have it as a point-to-point base installation a la arches.
  • ParkinstarkParkinstark United States Join Date: 2018-04-02 Member: 239714Members
    I would enjoy some personal teleportation options, but I would like it to require gathering at least 75% of the scan data for the precursors in order to figure out. Or perhaps make every warp that's not in the Containment scanable and it unlock after scanning them all. Should definitely be an item that is bound to a base. I feel free warping from point a to b without actual portal use is a little op and doesn't quite fit.
  • Muninn_CrowMuninn_Crow Join Date: 2018-02-27 Member: 238401Members
    Not to mention the monumental power requirements for the teleporter. That could certainly add to their value, while maintaining their scarcity ingame, ensuring the player is more likely to continue travel via swimming or sub.
  • Sev051Sev051 Iowa Join Date: 2018-04-09 Member: 239929Members
    Maybe a find able alien ruins that was a factory for such transporters or other means of upgrading human tech to? Have it so it was on a island but to keep things from getting off world they blew up intergalactic, or processing for powerful gates that could get off world safely. This causing it to collapse into the water leaving only global teleportation intact somewhere on the ocean floor. Have it so the power source can only be made here on a alien printer and your first portal is literally made by repairing the one on site allowing the user to come and go easily.

The reason I think the best reason to have it all built on site instead of your printers are so its not to over powered but it doesn't need that many materials.

Another idea is a special dock that links to you or your vehicle and pulls you up into a special portal, depending on active portals your ship rotates to the one you choose to go to. I can see four portals that activate around you, which ever one you choose your ship is slid into coming out on the other side. It shouldn't be a standard dock so you don't accidentally warp into another ship. The question becomes what would charge it, and make it? Its bay needs to be submerged, but the player can either connect directly to base or anchor it to the ocean floor. But if they want to have it on the surface away from base a special bouy?
  • BTown780BTown780 Canada Join Date: 2018-04-10 Member: 239944Members
    Agreed, would love a base-to-base teleportation system, which is attainable after finishing the deepest parts of the game. Lots of tech needed to be scanned but then you can make your own. Right now I use a transit seamoth to get down to my 900m base, which has other vehicles permanently parked there. Would be awesome to use a ton of power to teleport down there when I want to go.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    My idea: Limited fazegates.

How to make: Craft a fazegate inside of a base, and craft one at another.

Useage: The fazegates will automatically connect up to three in a network. That is also the max ammount.

Requirements: Two Ion Cubes, a Titanium Ingot, and a Computer Chip.

Where can be build: Inside Bases, Inside of Cyclops (Takes a ton of power).
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2018
    My idea: Limited fazegates.

How to make: Craft a fazegate inside of a base, and craft one at another.

Useage: The fazegates will automatically connect up to three in a network. That is also the max ammount.

Requirements: Two Ion Cubes, a Titanium Ingot, and a Computer Chip.

Where can be build: Inside Bases, Inside of Cyclops (Takes a ton of power).

TBH, this would a neat hint at the TSF as well. If Subnautica is indeed taking place before Natural Selection, it would make sense that here we'd require a room for a phazegate instead of the mobile and quite portable version the TSF have.

However as mentioned by others, Subnautica is all about the journeys throughout the world, it's not about the destination
  • SkyArbiterSkyArbiter Join Date: 2018-03-07 Member: 238703Members
    The idea is good, but wouldn't that be kind of OP? Your statement does make a lot of sense, however, so I will not formally say I don't like the idea, because I do.
  • DreadgeNoughtDreadgeNought Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238486Members
    We can use the Phaze Gates the Precursors built, and we can use a lot of things it seems in common with them when researched as with the Ion Cells. To allow for an Exosuit smaller in size to the PRAWN that is personal, Cell Powered and so needs only a smaller O2 Tank/Supply..........

I could see allowing from ranges to Radio / Scanner Room given Bases and likewise in turn the Cyclops to have a way to "Warp" at great power costs... say 200~400 of your 1000 juice? - as you'd use Ion Cells, by such a point, wouldn't you? ^_^

I could see this being great in expanded game versions, with "Teleporter Rooms" being a thing after researching the Phaze Gates + Databanks in Precursor Ruins, to make inside of a Multipurpose Room along with having a Base Main Computer built in another one somewhere connected.
    (I did a post for it)

The "Warper" Personal Exosuit could be a Late Game find / blueprint to research from finds for,
    and the Teleporter Room as a way to use about 1000 Energy from a Base's battery to warp sooner.
    *(to another base that also has a Teleporter Room, but not to a Cyclops; an "Atlas" Beluga sub maybe)

It would be nice as said for the expanded franchise, maybe to even go between colonized worlds?
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Well, the idea is possible since humans have made phasegate by the time Subnautica takes place
    Well, the idea is possible since humans have made phasegate by the time Subnautica takes place

The Aurora was going to build one, and...
    at the end of the game, we go to a phasegate.

I like the idea, but I think we should only be able to be three, they'll be expensive (for mid game) and large, taking up an entire multipurpose room.
  • westpdylwestpdyl Woodbury MN Join Date: 2018-04-21 Member: 240206Members
    i think there should be a reset personal telaporter that will only bring you back to your life pod in case you get STUCK IN THE GROUND WITH YOUR SEAMOTH, had to start a new game after this happend and well there goes ten hours of my life into the deletion bin :(
    westpdyl wrote: »
    i think there should be a reset personal telaporter that will only bring you back to your life pod in case you get STUCK IN THE GROUND WITH YOUR SEAMOTH, had to start a new game after this happend and well there goes ten hours of my life into the deletion bin :(

That's why you save constantly.

Even then, that would be so easily abused. Oh, see that giant ghost leviathan coming at you? BOOM! At my safe lifepod.
  • DreadgeNoughtDreadgeNought Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238486Members
    westpdyl wrote: »

That's why you save constantly.

Even then, that would be so easily abused. Oh, see that giant ghost leviathan coming at you? BOOM! At my safe lifepod.

Such that one has the Resources, eh? ;)

But yes, I am ever reminded of that Quote by Toad in one of the "Mario RPG" games...
    "Save Early, Save Often, Save your Sanity."

(and to at occasion verify your game files)