What's your favorite Subnautica creature and why?

Peeper4546BPeeper4546B Join Date: 2017-12-28 Member: 234640Members
Well, the title is self-explanatory. What's your favorite creature in Subnautica, be it the harmless Peeper or highly dangerous Reaper Leviathan, and why? What particular attributes about said creature draw you to it?

Comments

• LordDarksideLordDarkside Join Date: 2017-06-23 Member: 231288Members
    I guess it would be the Crab Squid, cause I’m really fond of its creepy kind of look, with its colors and its glowing aspect. I believe that it is partly since it spawns in my prefered biome, the Grand Reef, the fact that it is a deep biome, with magnificent blue and a creepy athmosphere. I really like that, and don’t forget that its EMP impulsion is some exciting stuff! I mean, it adds a bit of sparkles in a game that is, let’s admit it, a bit too « soft » and calm :)
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Reefback Leviathan

No explanation needed
  • LordDarksideLordDarkside Join Date: 2017-06-23 Member: 231288Members
    True, makes sense. I’d never noticed its face, and it looks very cute. Thanks for that!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I would high five a Warper, but...
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I would high five a Warper, but...

nlhfzst1b31n.jpg
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I have high fives a Warper. I just lost my right handed. Good thing I'm mixed handed
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    I guess the response question would be "for what?"

For an aquarium? Hoopfish look great, as do Reginalds.

For feeding into a bioreactor? Crabsnake. You miserable jump-scaring [redacted]s will now power my base.

For smashing with my PRAWN suit in retaliation for all the griefing? Cave crawlers.

Thanks to @AnomalyDetected, I'm looking at the Hoverfish in an entirely new light. Never saw one face-on before.

But overall? Peeper. That perpetually freaked-out look is just endearing. You want to put 'em in a jar and keep 'em safe. (Not an Oculus. They look like they're strung out on something that was inadequately controlled.)
  • arcasorarcasor Italy Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218577Members
    edited March 2018
    Mine is the Ghostray; I like building an Observatory in the Tree Cove, and watching them as they swim around.
  • zontwitchzontwitch Canada Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238022Members
    The Crashfish is adorable cute.

The Ampeel is pretty cool, or should I say electrifying.

The Crabsquid visually is one of the best designed in the game.

The Cuddlefish is cute but they seem to disappear after a while once they have been released.

For a small aquarium the various breeds of Hoopfish are a beautiful addition.

The Jellyray is one of my favorites for its aura of calming serenity.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Lava larvae are pretty cute if you ignore their mouth. Although, I like the science-fiction symbiosis concept behind the reefbacks.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Lava larvae are pretty cute if you ignore their mouth. Although, I like the science-fiction symbiosis concept behind the reefbacks.

Go up to a Boomerang and look at it's mouth, beware of nightmare fuel!
  • Peeper4546BPeeper4546B Join Date: 2017-12-28 Member: 234640Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Go up to a Boomerang and look at it's mouth, beware of nightmare fuel!

Please! The real nightmare fuel is the spadefish...

2jrqtsyusohj.jpg
  • subnautica_4_lifesubnautica_4_life USA Join Date: 2019-12-02 Member: 256086Members
    Mine is the amp eel (or shocker) because of it's shocking ability to shock you?7h7rg6jws5d4.jpg
  • masterofyeetmasterofyeet Join Date: 2019-11-25 Member: 255903Members
    edited December 2019
    Probably the Hoverfish.

I mean.

Just look at it.

j3griur6gw10.jpg

It's so adorable.

I would never eat a Hoverfish. They're amazing.

jlgspj3b9owx.jpg

9uyrdxjs1ylw.jpg