Seamoth stuck in the floor

HenjiHenji Brazil Join Date: 2015-03-10 Member: 201934Members
edited January 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
So, the game is finaly out and I've been enjoying the game alot !

However...
20180125223133_1.jpg

Just to add a bit more of clarification: The orange dot in the ground is what is left of my seamoth stuck in the floor in the
Island with the orbital gun thing.
(foot for scale).

Yeah..thats still happening.

I mean, it was fun in the last 10 times it happend (specialy the times I would get ported below the map into the endless abyss) EDIT: That was back
in E.A
but right now I'm feeling rather disapointed and frustrated with this. Is there a Fix where I won't have to deal with this shit without having to use console commands and get my achivements blocked ?

I don't want to sound too much as a sarcastic prick as I do understand the game just recently launched, but given the time the it has been in development it boogles my mind this is still a thing and losing 6 hours of progress just because of this problem ain't no fun at all guys.

That said though I'm still enjoying Subnautica, I think it has a great idea and it's been fun to fight my fears of deep water. Here's hoping this get resolved soon.

Comments

• Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Good point. There needs to be an /unstuck command (that would affect your subs as well) that does not break achievements.
  • HenjiHenji Brazil Join Date: 2015-03-10 Member: 201934Members
    Racer1 wrote: »
    Good point. There needs to be an /unstuck command (that would affect your subs as well) that does not break achievements.

Actualy I was asking about it in the discord channel when this happend, this should defnetly be a thing.
  • LaChouetteLaChouette Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235937Members
    Same issue here. Asked on the Steam discussions and was told cheating to get it unstuck would not break achievements, proved that wrong (did not get the Cyclops achievement), so I'm still waiting for some kind of way to do it.

To me, it's a bug that could very well stop me from playing. I don't want to:
    -build a Seamoth
    -build a Moonpool
    -build a Depth Upgrade Mk I
    -build a Depth Upgrade Mk II
    just to get to where I was before the game decide to do that crap. That's a lot of time lost and a lot of grinding for something that should have been fixed ages ago, or at least before 1.0 came out (just making the Seamoth teleport next to the starting pod if it is in the terrain when you launch the game would have been enough).
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I would do
    item 514

and dig it out. Not sure if that breaks achievements or not.
  • AndyBiggyAndyBiggy Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236209Members
    I have the VR version from Oculus store. I've tried for ages to enable the console to try the various solutions I've read to solve this. I really don't want to start the whole game again.
    So, is it possible to do this "item 514" in the VR version? Or is there a trick to enabling the console so I could try the warp command too.

My seamoth is stuck in the beach of the island with the alien laser cannon. At night I can see the lights shining up but I can't see the seamoth at all.

So disappointed as this is easily the best game I've played in years :(
    You'll need to press F3, then F8, then uncheck "disable console", then press F8, F3, then press the Enter key (might need to bump F3 on and off a time or two more, it's weird I know). Once you get the gray box, put in the code and hit Enter.
    Will try again tonight. Thanks
  • marmchmmrmarmchmmr Join Date: 2018-01-30 Member: 236256Members
    hello fellow player my seamoth fell through the map I can't find it what do you suggest i do?
  • ShadoxShadox France Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235990Members
    marmchmmr wrote: »
    hello fellow player my seamoth fell through the map I can't find it what do you suggest i do?

Save often as possible , if something goes too wrong , quit without save then load your game.

In your case (after the drama) , the only option i see is to spawn a new semaoth with command ("spawn seamoth") , unfortunaly , you'll not get back upgrades/items wich was in your previous seamoth (unless we have have a noclip command and you can find it in the floor , if it's the case , you wouldn't be able to take it back IMO but you may be able to take back item.

Yesterday i've get an issue with my seamoth , a wreck (without any acces even to repear or cut) have spawn ON ME because it take too much time to load , so i was litteraly stuck with my seamoth (even myself swimming wasnt able to find an exit) , so i've take all item and upgrade from it , use command for teleport at the same coordinate (except above the wreck of course) then i spawn a new one and put back all my upgrde and item in it (the "old" one was selfdestroy because below 200m).

Sorry for my english
    edited January 2018
    When I press F3 the left hand options screen appears that shows "o Disable Console" as the first option. Further down this window are options such as "o 1 :: Light shafts", "o 4 :: Frame Time Graph", "o 5 :: Ambiant Particles", etc.
    If I press the numbers 1, 4, or 5 for example these options turn on and off.
    Only when I press Esc (and get the pause menu) can I get a mouse cursor to appear. As soon as I click anywhere, such as trying to remove the highlight for 'Disable Console' the mouse cursor and the pause menu disappears.
    Just pressing F8 does not enable a mouse cursor.

While writing the above and alt tabbing back to the game I discovered I could get the mouse cursor up and click on some of these options only with the PDA displayed. With my Rift sitting on my head so it enables rendering I eventually managed to click the Disable Console option. Pressing F3 on/off multiple times did not show a debug window though, so I can't type any console commands in.
    That's 2 nights so far of trying to sort this issue.
    Not sure what else to try. I guess I could start a whole new save game again and keep making backups for when the bug happens again. It may be just a thing with the oculus version of the game not being able to use these debug commands.
    Been telling lots of people how good this game is too.
    edited February 2018
    Yay, I got it free!
    I found a post on Reddit from a guy who had the same problem. He had the VR version and said he could look underground.
    So... I stood at the back of my room, moved to where my seamoth was buried and reset view using usual Oculus menu. I then physically walked forward and bent down on my hands and knees and I could see under the terrain. There it was, so I entered and drove it out :smile:
  • infinitoastinfinitoast Join Date: 2018-03-13 Member: 238983Members
    even if I had a way to get into this I'd just be stuck anyways
    plays.tv/video/5aa73fad97c285e14f/rip-seamoth-bug
  • xgirlroguexgirlrogue USA Join Date: 2018-03-12 Member: 238934Members
    at least yours was close enough to see 2 of mine fell about 10 m in and then after a few days game time just disappeared
  • Fab4509Fab4509 Join Date: 2018-03-20 Member: 239336Members
    Hi Guys m Seamoth is stuck in the floor too and i dont know how to fix it. The messages before didnt help because i dont know how to open the console. Please help :(
    Search my signature for debug console, which should take you to the wiki page on enabling it.
  • stonestrikerstonestriker Join Date: 2018-03-22 Member: 239394Members
    Somewhat related, and since I can´t create a new topic anyways, here goes:

I am stuck in my Prawn between a rock and a moonpool. Attempting to exit gets me a 'SpawnNearby failed' while console commands like 'biome' and 'spawn' does not do anything. 'kill' nicely kills me and spawns me right back into the Prawn. Stupidly I saved before toying with the console...

Any way to salvage this game?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Odd that "kill" didn't work, as it was the only one that worked just now when I tested command in the prawn. Did it go dark, like when you die, but not move you?

I have an unconventional thing to try - spawn reaperleviathan
    Maybe it will grab your suit and yank it out from being stuck.
  • stonestrikerstonestriker Join Date: 2018-03-22 Member: 239394Members
    :) Thanks narfblat. After a few attempts it got the prawn and I am free again. I assume I can now kill it with instagib, and live with a reaper corpse at my Cove base?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    That sounds like a plan. Maybe use the invisible cheat for added safety. :)
  • uNiVerse555uNiVerse555 Join Date: 2018-03-25 Member: 239483Members
    Easy fix, attach a floater on the antenna that's sticking out... it will pop up out of the sand.
  • 32bitcal32bitcal Canada Join Date: 2018-03-31 Member: 239679Members
    Hi everyone.
    I just registered here to try and find a solution to the same problem...

I have lost Seamoths after leaving it to swim roughly 150 meters away, collect some lithium, then swim back.

It completely vanished the first time.... no beacon, waypoint, debris... nothing.
    It's just gone completely.

So I swam 1500 meters back to my first base to grab my parn that I had sitting under my moon pool........................

Well that prawn is now 38 meters below the ocean floor.

I don't even know if I want to bother playing the game anymore if this is something I have to look forward to every time I leave a vehicle to grab something.

It's also an issue that has been on going for two years according to one thread I ran across.
    Two.
    Years

And it still hasn't been solved.

Sure I could just cheat to get a new one, but why not fix the issue in the first place instead of forcing people to cheat and give up their achievements??
  • Shadow95StalkerShadow95Stalker United States Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245297Members
    these solutions are good and all but what people on console who cant use the commands now that the input box has been removed
  • WeinerFreakoutWeinerFreakout Join Date: 2019-01-01 Member: 247775Members
    I am desperately trying to fix this issue. SpawnNearby Failed! I'm on Xbox One. I've been playing in Freedom for the past few weeks loving every minute of the game. Yes. There have been some glitches. Mostly issues loading biomes. I learned to deal with it. Instead of going ahead full speed in my Seamoth I take a little more time so it has a chance to load or I might crash into the side of a mountain that suddenly appeared.

So, imagine my shock when I **FINALLY** made it to the primary containment facility in my PRAWN suit. I battled the warpers and have my blue table in my inventory!

I pass through the green opening and head for the forcefield excitingly waiting to see the Sea Emperor!

Suddenly, when my PRAWN lands on the platform and I immediately save my game..it glitches and my PRAWN seems to be fused to the alien structure....just a few feet from the door.

I try to EXIT the PRAWN and get a SpawnNearby Failed error. I try my thrusters. PRAWN stays stuck! I can't die because no im in FREEDOM mode I don't need to worry about food and water. I can't suffocate because I'm IN the alien structure and have unlimited air.

My PRAWN has an ION Power Cell but even if I run out of power.....I still can't die.

So, I figured....."Well....use a cheat" but then I discovered that the dev console has been removed.

Basically, all my hard work is out the door. I'm 42 years old and hardly ever get so immersed in to a game like this and I'm pretty desperately looking for a solution.

I can only hope that the developers are monitoring this forum and can offer some help. Maybe even push a version of the game to me that has the dev console?

Basically, at this point, it seems that THE ONLY thing I can do is start a new game and I just have lost the passion to do that. :neutral:

Help?
    Wait for them to put console commands back in.