HEADER CHECKSUM ILLEGAL

XXcoopVIIXXcoopVII xbox one Join Date: 2017-04-25 Member: 229962Members
Save data loading failed (header checksum illegal)

This is the error I am getting when trying to load my game on 4/25/16. Please help!

Comments

• XXcoopVIIXXcoopVII xbox one Join Date: 2017-04-25 Member: 229962Members
  • Dank_potatoDank_potato Join Date: 2017-07-06 Member: 231636Members
    I'm having the same issue but I don't know how to fix it.
  • Big_Ole_MoistBig_Ole_Moist Join Date: 2018-02-25 Member: 238289Members
    Yea I have the same thing too. I have tried everything to uninstalling the game and restarting it and nothing. Me and my friends were trying to have a race to see who could beat first and I was in the lead.
  • ziggyzag07ziggyzag07 Join Date: 2018-02-27 Member: 238387Members
  • LordomonkeyLordomonkey United States Join Date: 2018-03-05 Member: 238633Members
    I'm new to the game and have put around 24 hours in when the same thing happen to me. Is there like a way to load up an earlier save or something? I don't mind losing some progress but I definitely do not want to lose my entire save and start over again.
  • TervTerv Join Date: 2018-03-21 Member: 239368Members
    plz devs please i beg you fix this bug i have 2 day+ in my save and i don't want to reset
    yo is anyone plan on helping me?????!!!!!!!!!!

devs i spent money on this game and i love the game but when i lose over 2 days of game progress i get pissed please someone REPLY!!!
  • Reapo1Reapo1 uk Join Date: 2018-04-24 Member: 240308Members
    Same issue here Xbox one user. Header checksum illegal. Try again?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I would assume this would be maybe a pirate protection malfunction.

By that, I mean a protection against illegal copies. A bug must have caused some Xboxes to show this even on legit copies.
  • Reapo1Reapo1 uk Join Date: 2018-04-24 Member: 240308Members
    fair enough, not had opportinty to check the whole forum. Are you aware of any fix at this point? only bought the game yesterday tbh so not a huge issue, just unfortunate.

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Reapo1 wrote: »
    fair enough, not had opportinty to check the whole forum. Are you aware of any fix at this point? only bought the game yesterday tbh so not a huge issue, just unfortunate.

The only fix I can currently come up with is do a full re-install or attempt to contact the UWE team by email.
  • PanikApePanikApe Deutschland Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238913Members
    edited April 2018

By that, I mean a protection against illegal copies. A bug must have caused some Xboxes to show this even on legit copies.

How do you get the idea that broken save games are caused by anti piracy measures? You already came up with that idea in another thread, but unless some of the developers said something about issues with any anti piracy component I think this is a very far fetched assumption.

UPDATE: Sorry, quoted wrong text

PanikApe wrote: »

How do you get the idea that broken save games are caused by anti piracy measures? You already came up with that idea in another thread, but unless some of the developers said something about issues with any anti piracy component I think this is a very far fetched assumption.

UPDATE: Sorry, quoted wrong text

Simply I came up with the conclusion because it appears to be checking some kind of value, the Header Check. The sum of the value adds up to an illegal number, clearly indicated by the error. I presume this could be because if the value does not add up correctly, it could mean the game is considered pirated.

I don't fully understand it, but i'm trying my best to help.
  • privatechrispyprivatechrispy Usa Join Date: 2018-05-16 Member: 240754Members
    edited June 2018
    I have the same issue here I had to make 3 new games but ended up with the header checksum illegal. But I found out how to fix it not garanteed but here's what I did create a new game and constantly save(every 5-10 minutes). Next while saving you have to exit, load game every 30-40 minutes or so (I prefer every 30 to make sure) I think you have to reload the game only 2 or 3 times (that's how much it took for me) but keep doing it just for safety. If this doesn't work then sorry for the inconvenience. (Sorry for bringing back a dead thread)
  • Shadow95StalkerShadow95Stalker United States Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245297Members
    edited December 2018
    Terv wrote: »
    devs i spent money on this game and i love the game but when i lose over 2 days of game progress i get pissed please someone REPLY!!!

same here i got my seamoth stuck in a wreck when it loaded on me and now i'm stuck

i've worked on this save for over a year plz help fix this i'll be heartbroken
  • BekaTMGBekaTMG USA Join Date: 2019-03-12 Member: 251692Members
    edited March 2019
    This happened to me too on xbox one i dnot know how to fix soo could anyboduy help me how to? I dont want to lose my progress cause i worked so hard on it!
    12/03/2019
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    @BekaTMG , the last time you saved the game did anything abnormal happen? Something that may have interrupted the saving?
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members