Arctic DLC - free or paid?

13»

Comments

• Chris_the_mageChris_the_mage Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231383Members
    edited March 2018
    By the sound of it this does seem like it will be the same size as the main game, with a new full story and everything, I don't think that this will be a small un.
  • Gamerman47Gamerman47 Join Date: 2018-03-18 Member: 239277Members
    Very much looking forward to the DLC!!! :)
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Does anyone else still click on the 'DLC' tab in steam whenever they run Subnautica just for luck?
  • klerikreturnsklerikreturns Hollister, CA Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238109Members
    Can't wait for the new content! Anyone have an idea on the timeline?
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Probs take place before the Aurora's crash... but overall, time would be hard to gauge because the time it takes the player to leave the planet, (as the devs say that the dlc would likely end with Ryley's departure,) varies. And I'd suspect that the Aurora's landing would have been hard to notice unless you're paying very close attention. Shockwaves would be absorbed by the crater walls and so would all sound. The only clues would be visual ones.
  • SlugBugBuddySlugBugBuddy Coeur D Alene, Idaho Join Date: 2018-09-14 Member: 243546Members
    adel_50 wrote: »
    Amadeone wrote: »
    Also, I would love to have this DLC. If it will be avaliable in early acces(will it be?) I would instantly buy it! I don't sea ;) any reasons not to! :)

I don't think you'll be able to try it in experimental mode and I think its for the best

I have looked into the Subnautica forums and it does look like they will release it in early access
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    adel_50 wrote: »
    Amadeone wrote: »
    Also, I would love to have this DLC. If it will be avaliable in early acces(will it be?) I would instantly buy it! I don't sea ;) any reasons not to! :)

I don't think you'll be able to try it in experimental mode and I think its for the best

I have looked into the Subnautica forums and it does look like they will release it in early access

Also, I mean, it says it on the website.
  • oliverwixoliverwix Join Date: 2018-09-21 Member: 243674Members
    okay the real game costs almost 20 dollars while the dlc shuld cost 10 i belive it suld cost 20 cuz they gonna need money to expand the game even more and get more developers the game is awsome and i belive it shuld be 20-25 dollars i spend waaay to much time on the game and wuld gladly give 50dollars for extra content
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    oliverwix wrote: »
    okay the real game costs almost 20 dollars while the dlc shuld cost 10 i belive it suld cost 20 cuz they gonna need money to expand the game even more and get more developers the game is awsome and i belive it shuld be 20-25 dollars i spend waaay to much time on the game and wuld gladly give 50dollars for extra content

I'm gonna take from this you want it to be 10? I think that's what you meant.

I think 15 is a good price. Cheap and easy to get, but still costly enough to get the development team some money.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    oliverwix wrote: »

I'm gonna take from this you want it to be 10? I think that's what you meant.

I think 15 is a good price. Cheap and easy to get, but still costly enough to get the development team some money.

And opens up a more profitable "discount 10/25/33% etc..." prices during summer/holiday sales as well. Whereas 10 "moneys" with discount percentages could make it look cheap
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members
    According to the Backlog on the Trello page, the expansion currently will cost $15. This is subject to change.
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    I hope its free though i would still buy it even if wasn't but i still hope its free
    I hope its free though i would still buy it even if wasn't but i still hope its free

Have you... not seen anything yet?

Everyone already knows it'll cost, and the price is currently suggested to be around $15.
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members
    I just said that its going to be 15 dollars. Look at the comment above your's.