Anyone that has Subnautica on Xbox, can you update your review, or review if you haven't?

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
Anyone that has Subnautica on Xbox, can you update your review, or review if you haven't? "Recent reviews" is pretty dismal -- one is mine, and the other is 1-star. :(

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/BX3S1Q5DVHRD

Comments

• Parker8206Parker8206 United States Join Date: 2017-12-27 Member: 234624Members
    So far I've only had a couple minor issues, other than that I'm addicted to Subnautica. Devs have done an excellent job. :)
  • dork42dork42 Michigan Join Date: 2017-03-30 Member: 229307Members
    Booting it up now, have played in a month or so. I'll post a review in a few hours after i see how its come along. Subnautica hasn't dissapointed me yet.
  • dork42dork42 Michigan Join Date: 2017-03-30 Member: 229307Members
    i posted a review on the second but i havent seen it appear on the list yet.
  • showxboxluvshowxboxluv Join Date: 2018-01-08 Member: 234909Members
    i wouldnt recommend it yet, for every bug fixed two more pop up and there has been very little in the way of optimization. it honestly preforms like a 360 game.
  • BDH_CobaltBDH_Cobalt Join Date: 2018-01-14 Member: 235048Members
    Not sure I could recommend it as it stands. Partially it's because of the lack of endgame, which is understandable given that it's still beta, but framerate issues and the dev team's decision to forgo multiplayer is a pretty big blow.

Once it hits v1.0 it'll certainly be a must play but only if you don't mind a long solo run. I just hope they find the time to work in co-op; gameplay just begs to be a team experience.
  • OrionsBlade69OrionsBlade69 Montana Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235622Members
    I would recommend it highly. The frame rate can be difficult at times. I see the multiplayer no different than Skyrim. I spent more than a hundred hours playing and wishing there was a multiplayer, but it is an awesome game just like Subnautica.
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    I frequently play in creative mode since I've already watched Markiplier, jack septiceye, and ign play all the way through.

My base have gotten huge, but the biggest problem is that building has become extremely slow and the game crashes frequently.
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    It's on 4.5 stars average, I think it's ok :P
  • Arc_724Arc_724 Irondale, AL Join Date: 2018-03-14 Member: 239058Members
    I finally finished the game last weekend and I have to say it's pretty amazing. Besides some of the glitches and an occasional frame rate issue. The game in it's preview state for Xbox One is wonderful.

The visuals aid in your slow but steady mastery over the game mechanics. After a while it becomes home. It morphs into a nice warm blanket of sounds and sights. Once I finished the game I began watching the Needs Gaming section for Subnautica. It brought a whole new life to a game I was sad to have finished.

I can genuinely say that I'm looking forward to replaying the game once it gets a full release on the XB1, on the hardest setting. And Expansions! Oh my. I'll be busy for weeks if not months if/when they ever come to Xbox.
  • netptl39netptl39 Join Date: 2018-03-19 Member: 239288Members
    I would be more than happy to give a 5 star for the story, design, visual, concept and everything else but the Xbox version is still a little buggy: slow terrain loading and a cloud sync issue yesterday so I lost 180 hours of play if sync problem doesn't solve.